Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45138 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
DIG OOC
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:58:50 am »

This is the dig ooc. 

If you want to talk out of character, or even just have an extended in character conversation that you don't want to fill the game page up with, do it here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:05:52 am »

So, it seems there's a ton of us that signed up. Looks like we'll need to... Thin the herd a little bit. Also, I hope the guys responsible for the intro torture scene enjoy their job. After intimidating a dozen or so schmucks it becomes samey, you know?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:08:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:43:37 am »

PTW
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:05:51 pm »

Aww. I liked the less prison rapey setting of the first game better. Been a while since the E_R days when we all had those explosive things in our heads.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 12:14:38 pm »

Aww. I liked the less prison rapey setting of the first game better. Been a while since the E_R days when we all had those explosive things in our heads.

As the post says, this is just an intro mission. The game is intended to be pretty much open world after it, like the first one. I just want to get people acclimatized with clear directions before letting them go free. Otherwise I fear half the player base will wander off out of not knowing what to do, like last time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:56 pm »

moths rule ok
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 12:50:57 pm »

Also, I hope the guys responsible for the intro torture scene enjoy their job. After intimidating a dozen or so schmucks it becomes samey, you know?

Always important to do work you love.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 01:06:30 pm »

As the post says, this is just an intro mission. The game is intended to be pretty much open world after it, like the first one. I just want to get people acclimatized with clear directions before letting them go free. Otherwise I fear half the player base will wander off out of not knowing what to do, like last time.
Oh Piecewise, do you really think these bomb collars are going to stop that from happening? We'll be lucky if a third of us make it to the deadline, even luckier if we manage to get the sphere that warrants use of a full Bore to get too, and to get BACK ... well, from the looks of things, I shouldn't worry too much about the degree of insanity for my diver character and can go hog wild.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 09:16:06 pm »

PTW for future happenings.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 04:14:55 am »

I like how Ethral complain about their rough treatment and say their sensitive body would be hurt. I mean, if that's the case, then a Corven with 6 Endurance and hollow bones would probably have a cracked skull and internal bleeding at this point. By which I mean, I'm certain these are experienced torturers who take their job very seriously and thus scale their torture appropriately.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:28 am »

"For the captors, it was lightly tapping the corven awake to discuss the terms of his servitude, but for the corven, it was a pain unlike he had ever felt before."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 07:06:16 am »

AsHul is open to do diving for people, in exchange for gods and or services rendered in return.
AsHul is a dick, but he's not particularly greedy, so he'll want a fair exchange.

Also, AsHul is open to conversing whit the other active divers. Perhaps to discuss cooperative diving, or exchanges of services.
AsHul is ambiguous toward exchanging services with Auft Kindheart.

Oz isn't sure he'll be able to track with the RP very well, what with schedules and sleep and stuff.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 09:17:38 am »

Lokam doesn't like crowded places but feel free to find him and chat with him. If anyone wants to talk, I'm open to conversation too. Just don't do something like breaking into his  room or invading his personnal space.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 09:36:21 am »

Since we're all posting a bit about our character here, Clate the mollusk really likes making things. Until we get a workshop going it's all going to be a bit basic, but bring me junk/components and I'll try to fashion them into something for you. For the basic stuff I'll do it pro-bono, though in the future I might try to barter for favours/extra junk. If you just want to offload junk you've found that you can't use on me, that'd obviously be appreciated.

For the record, PW said we'd need 30 structural, 15 mechanical, 3 electrical and 3 chemical to build a workshop on the bore. The workshop will, IIRC, allow us to put together stuff that requires advanced(-ish) tools and start manufacturing drugs from whatever components we find on our little trips.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 02:25:14 pm »

Vikkan is a friendly mustache.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27