Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45163 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:21 pm »

Can I put in for a medical ward room pls

I have a feeling there will be plenty of gruesome injuries for me to, ah, fix up.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »

Also, current discount is "buy for 1000 fathoms, get 1150 fathoms of stuff". Not "Buy for 1000 fathoms, only pay 850 fathoms."

Gonna try and talk to a different vendor for a better discount this turn.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2018, 01:16:46 pm »

Hmm. So we could get the three workshops and the living quarters for 1000 fathoms. Though that medical also sounds good.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2018, 03:27:45 pm »

Added the new info about the bore upgrades to the warehouse page.

I think that we should definitely at least get the crew quarters, basic workshop and medbay. After that, an elevator or something else to safely lower us down from the bore to the mission area (and to take large pillage back up) also sounds like a generally useful thing to have that everyone can use. Depending on how much budget we have left after that, there's some other things that sound nice to have.

Additionally, buying personal radios for everyone (assuming those aren't expensive) also is something I think we should definitely do, it's a major quality of life improvement and makes it much easier to coordinate or discuss things IC'ly without having to worry about little things like "but I'm on the other side of town" or "but I'm inside the stomach of the ElderWyrm".

Note that hotfire proposed to spend those 400 fathoms he got on workshops. If you're still willing to invest those, hotfire, that on its own can get us a brand spanking new weapons workshop!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2018, 03:57:10 pm »

Note that the elevator is likely that diving bell, and the winch will be useful for individual Really Large Things(TM)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2018, 05:25:10 pm »

I guess we should make a list in order of priority, and we can see how far our money brings us down said list. Here's my personal one:

Crew quarters (Pretty obvious. Technically it's mostly an RP thing but... having proper beds is nice.)
Workshop (Lets us do lots of neat stuff. Neat stuff that a few of us happen to be very specced into. <.<)
Medbay (Medizen helps us not die horribly. Not dying horribly is pretty neat.)
Armory (Yup, still want a nice safe place to store all of our precious gun babies.)
Loading dock (This greatly increases the kind of jobs we can take. Ferrying cargo around is a classic, but it might prove difficult to fit certain things through our current doors.)
Galley (You know what's nice? Having proper food is nice.)
Rec room (It may sound frivolous, but it gives us something to hang around in and break that's NOT a vital bore system.)
Library (I'm a moth.)
Diving bell/Elevator (If the Loading dock increases the kinds of jobs we can take, this increases the ways we can approach jobs that we could take anyway. Useful for safety, but not really vital to anything.)
Diving Sanctuary ("Diving vault" sounds a little scary. A place where divers can go to be assured of getting Focus is quite good. Plus good sofas to crash on while we explore other realms. :V)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2018, 05:42:01 pm »

I'm totally not trying to become this game's Doctor or anything no sirree.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2018, 05:49:34 pm »

What a coincidence, because I'm not trying to become this game's armory master.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2018, 06:00:39 pm »

You don't want to be the doctor.  You'd have to enslave the entire universe with bits of yourself to be the doctor.  Life would be boring that way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2018, 06:08:25 pm »

It's fun getting to that point, and then you can amuse yourself for the rest of eternity by trolling newbs, so I don't see the downside here.
You goblin. Why not make a character for this, if you're apparently reading it?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2018, 06:54:02 pm »

conspiracy theory: The world above is covered in Altered and this is simply ER-underground where spacemagic has gone primitive

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2018, 07:18:19 pm »

Why not make a character for this, if you're apparently reading it?

Because then his boring human character, would try to blow up the bore's brain, be stopped by Clate on a lucky die roll, then locked up in a remote room of the bore.  He'd live there for years, food being dropped in for him, but never be killed because Nyw would say it's inhumane (and also because everyone's lazy, never getting around to it), with Dev constantly complaining about how his boring character can't escape to complain about the wider, boring world.

It would only end on Christmas 2020, when Piecewise would make the character's head explode as a gift to Dev.  Dev would be overjoyed about this, and continue to whine incessantly about how terrible the game is and how he'd love it if only he could betray and kill all our characters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »

We don't have a boss who can tell us not to straight-up murder him, now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2018, 10:03:52 pm »

I'd rather just poke fun when someone ends up splattered all over the wall, instead of actually reading it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2018, 12:28:34 am »

Dev should play as a gremlin-like creature that lives in the bore's innards and only comes out to point and laugh at people before disappearing.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27