Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45148 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2018, 07:16:30 am »

Just hopping in to say I'll be in the process of moving for the next couple of days and might have limited/no internet access. A quick post over phone might be doable though, not sure yet. So if I disappear, that'd be the reason.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:31:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2018, 08:42:58 am »

I'm interested in the relic vision expedition but I think it might not be a good idea to mess with magic after making a sacrifice. Not to mention that I wouldn't want to take the slot from someone who could be more useful. So probably going to skip the next expedition and mess around in the town instead. Or join a smaller expedition if we can do two at a time, maybe take the bore somewhere.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2018, 10:14:55 am »

I want to go to the ruins!

Hotfire90

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2018, 01:25:03 pm »

I'm interested in the relic vision, it's probably less combat heavy than the ruin mission and more suitable for a jack of all trades.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2018, 01:33:05 pm »

Relic vision is kinda Wiellste's jam, but she'll probably want to hide behind big heavy metal things for a few days after all that's happened.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2018, 01:38:55 pm »

Ethral mouths: Ok imagine it like this. Take a human mandible and maxilla. Split them both in the center and allow all four pieces to move independently.  They generally keep the top and bottom pieces together to act like human type jaws since it makes speaking human (and similar bodied) languages easier, but they can move each part independently if they need.  Don't tell Irony though. It will only fuel her fetishes.

This has been a discord information public service announcement. Do with this information what thou will~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2018, 04:05:05 pm »

Put it in the wiki, for Light's sake. What sort of Librarian moth are you if you don't record knowledge in a knowledge repository?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »

I'm a gunsmith moth. I store knowledge in the form of tools made for killing.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2018, 02:13:25 am »

I've been visualizing moths' eyes as large compound eyes on the side of their heads, with the masks hung over the front of their heads to mimic the look of more human faces, but I believe Piecewise said in IRC that moth eyes are placed similarly to human eyes.  Sadly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2018, 02:17:34 am »

2:23 PM] Mr.Bones: Ethral have lidless compound eyes that are fairly hard and don't feel pain unless the outer lenses are damaged

Doesn't really explain where they're placed, but makes me assume they're more on the alien side.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2018, 03:33:07 am »

I'm going to guess at least mostly forward-facing. Need that sweet depth perception after all.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2018, 07:07:14 am »

Okay, so far, for the Relic Vision I have

Enthusiastic: AsHul, Alex Wells

Interested but wary: Kara, Wiellste, Clate.

Also interested: Random's new mole guy.

I think I can tug Cara along as well - It seem IC for her to be willing to help out the church and gain some knowledge at the same time - a step toward her end goal.

So that's an equivocal 7 of 8 so far.

Edit: added Clate to the list Edit2: Added Random
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:59:43 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2018, 10:49:35 am »

I'll be grabbing my share of the loot. So that's:

130 fathoms, Knife, Rifle, Bomb Collar ,100 feet rope, 2 TNT, 1 Corpse

Edit: edited the warehouse and clate's character page on the wiki to reflect this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:27:20 am by Pancaek »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2018, 04:14:54 pm »

I decided I might as well just leave the chestplate in the armory on a need-to-wear basis for the team since I already have a (presumably lighter) mail shirt.

Loot Claim #1
So Vikkan is taking his share as follows: 140 fathoms, 1 knife, 1 rifle, 1 short sword, 100ft silk rope.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

I bring info from the land of Discord
@Mr.Bones could silent night help a sharpshooter shoot at advantage in a stressful situation? Or is it just for diving
Silent Night is for diving. But worm blood might help a shooter as a side effect.

how old is kara again
I dunno, how old do Corven get?
I just said "adult, but just barely"
Because that's how I imagine her
Maybe that's 10 years, maybe that's 30, who knows
Corven have varying ages since they're technically dozens of breeds under a common name (like how dogs are radically different but all the same species).  Most grow to technical adulthood in about a decade, give or take 3 years, and live 50 or so years past that. Certain  groups, like the parrot looking ones, can live 100 years past that but they're outliers.

Also some beautiful birbs: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/26318
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:13:23 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27