Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45149 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2019, 06:27:37 am »

If the price for the artifact containers is not worth it we should buy a Containment chamber, since that will give us an infinite number of containers and a safe(er) place to store them during travels. If we're going to be poking weird stuff and picking up weird stuff then we should definitely get some way to mitigate the risk involved.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2019, 01:24:09 pm »

How’s about we just drill straight down and hit the lower parts of the path?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2019, 09:43:51 pm »

We either need to dig through magma (straight down) or through a river (horizontal) to get to the messenger path, if we want to avoid the days long wait.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2019, 10:38:18 pm »

It’s possible we could get to the far right of the city, then drill down from there. I’d be fine with either, riding the river would also be fun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2019, 01:35:56 am »

the far right is the spot where the tunnel is that is clogged. Basically, you would be wading into a crowd of bores and crawlers and pilgrims and drilling under their feet.

Unless PW says there is room there for it, I guess.

I'm not opposed to drilling toward the river.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2019, 03:57:35 pm »

For getting to our destination, I would advise against going through the river seeing as how we didn’t get a retractor system for the cannon, meaning we’d have a big ol’ hole in the bore where water can come in (unless we can still retract it and batter down manually, though why a manual retractor would then cost 30 fathoms is beyond me). Then again, if we can't just drill to the side a bit (to avoid digging under waiting people) and go down at the rightmost part of the city then we won't have much choice, since I'd rather take our chances with water than with magma. Maybe we can still batter down with some handiwork.

If the price for the artifact containers is not worth it we should buy a Containment chamber, since that will give us an infinite number of containers and a safe(er) place to store them during travels. If we're going to be poking weird stuff and picking up weird stuff then we should definitely get some way to mitigate the risk involved.

Yeah, 150 is a bit pricy for the 1 container, though that one would hold just about anything. Cheapest containment vault comes at 200 but for that we only get thick metal though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:00:56 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2019, 04:08:42 am »

I asked and we could get a Containment room with some basic containers for 300 plus the certainty that the room itself would be able to hold most dangerous creatures and items. It's not perfect, but you know what they say: you get what you pay for.

Another solution would be to buy the 300 Containment room and install it in the crawler. That way we have a portable place to dump dangerous stuff. And it's easier to use it as a trap, by parking it somewhere, leaving the door open and luring a creature in it. And if we're really afraid of something we can make it walk behind the bore, like how they used to tie boats behind ships.

Really, if we can do it without sacrificing too much of its other usefulness, I'd very much like to turn our crawler into a portable Containment chamber.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2019, 07:11:21 am »

I wonder if the rivers in Dig 2 are like the rivers we encountered in Dig 1. If so, we might be able to easily wade across. Did you guys experience any of the river when you went through before? Like, did you cross a bridge over a roaring torrent or something?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2019, 06:37:26 am »

I'm pretty sure we have too much money in the fund. I think we didn't reduce it for the upgrades, so I'll be removing 855 fathoms based on RCs calculations. Let me know if I made a mistake.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2019, 10:17:15 am »

I'm pretty sure we have too much money in the fund. I think we didn't reduce it for the upgrades, so I'll be removing 855 fathoms based on RCs calculations. Let me know if I made a mistake.

Ah, yeah, I probably forgot to deduct it earlier, or maybe the edit didn't go through properly, dunno. Thanks for following it up either way.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2019, 10:24:08 am »

so ... what was the point of visiting the Path again? And did we have a plan or are we just tourist thieves and murder hobos right now?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:48 am »

Yeah, idea here was just exploring, see if we can find any artifacts and maybe map the place a bit, maybe fight one of those entombed monsters from the cists. No specific/concrete goal as of yet, though we can just make one for ourselves if needed.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2019, 08:12:31 pm »

Part of the reason to search here is because based on the lore descriptions, we are very likely to find artifacts, components, and divine parts here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2019, 02:19:38 pm »

Is this game accepting new players?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2019, 04:35:41 pm »

Sure. You might have to wait until the bore reaches a town though for your character to come aboard. Or maybe Piecewise will let you join the current mission. You can always post a boldtext in the main thread to ask.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27