Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45141 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2019, 08:06:59 pm »

I should create an archive of Dives on the Wiki or something.

Here is what I believe to be my largest Dive to date, in terms of number of rolls: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171120.msg7899435#msg7899435
two material spheres, 21 Nerve rolls, + the final Nerve roll. This was to restore my dream robot body to wholeness after I got eaten by a giant bird made of buildings. This Dive succeeded.

HEre is an example of a strong effect with a relatively small number of rolls: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171120.msg7915428#msg7915428
that was to put another character's head back together after it had been obliterated by a head-sized arrow. This Dive succeeded. I was already under the effect of a previously failed Final Nerve roll at the time.

I believe AsHul has failed three final nerve rolls: One got hm possessed by an entity from Balaram. One caused him to collapse into a ball of whininess. and i forget what the third did, if it happened.

Other Divers have likewise failed nerve rolls, one getting possessed by creatures from Es, then having their skin peel off and their body become extremely flexible and wobbly, then finally being converted into a dimensional gate and morbid art installation.

So, as you can see, failing the final Nerve roll has quite diverse repercussions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2019, 06:51:00 am »

naturegirl, you can stop posting turns since consuming silent night, since we effectively time-skipped back to Empyrean. Lucky you, you missed the withdrawal symptoms.

Assume your Diver girl spent the trip feeling ridiculously miserable in unexpected ways.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:23 am »

Ok

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2019, 04:04:11 pm »

Oz, Adam had requested a private meeting with Leon for discussing matters of faith. Would you like to join in for that to get feedback on both our experiences, or would you rather they be handled separately?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2019, 05:02:49 pm »

I'd be perfectly fine going along with Adam. That's probably best for AsHul anyway. Makes sense, what with the two of them having a bit of an affinity now, as well as fitting with AsHul's general practie when dealing with the Church or the public,

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2019, 01:08:50 pm »

Hmm... Give the fire to an Eldritch Abomination in exchange for a chance to get my lost arm back or to a bunch of moths in exchange for profit and knowledge? Going to have to think about this. But if I want to stick with my character's motivation, the latter would probably make more sense. After all, she wants to gather interesting things and the Ethral can help her do that. Perhaps Clate would also be interested, since they could give info about the Crystal race.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2019, 05:32:39 pm »

The Moths did seem rather terrified of the fire. I guess they are sending you to dispose of it in a way that the Church would find unpalatable.

This might be troublesome. AsHul is planning on revealing the fire's existence to Leon, and our possession of that fire.
Note that AsHul IC made it very clear that he wanted to contain or eliminate that fire before he would even move from the Cist. Assume that he made his intentions to destroy it utterly, or to hand it to the Church to dispose of clear on the trip back. He doesn't want that fire to be a foothold outside the Cist for the creature INSIDE the Cist to get out through. He's open to alternative methods of disposal, assuming those methods do not ... encourage the ancient warrior.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2019, 11:16:31 am »

I'm pretty sure they were scared of either someone overhearing them or that someone is monitoring them. They are in the Cthonic capital and they'd probably like to maintain good relations with them so that they can continue to maintain an outpost there. Even if nobody is monitoring them, if it was discovered that they accepted something like that in Empyrean at a later date it would probably make for, at the very least, bad PR.

I'm going to go meet the Ethral. Not only because it's profitable or because I like it both IC and OOC but also so that we can explore other parts of the story.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2019, 11:40:58 am »

I'm pretty sure they were scared of either someone overhearing them or that someone is monitoring them. They are in the Cthonic capital and they'd probably like to maintain good relations with them so that they can continue to maintain an outpost there. Even if nobody is monitoring them, if it was discovered that they accepted something like that in Empyrean at a later date it would probably make for, at the very least, bad PR.

I'm going to go meet the Ethral. Not only because it's profitable or because I like it both IC and OOC but also so that we can explore other parts of the story.
Their reaction to the fire is more visceral than their reaction to other 'heretical' aspects of the discussion.

You let them know about your encounter and the information Ashul "found" and offer a detailed account in exchange for anything else they have on similar creatures. They agree, but state that such information of a "Heretical" nature (They use air quotes and keep looking around nervously) is held offsite. You would have to go look at it elsewhere.

They politely decline wanting to make any pronouncements on truth or falsehood of something that contradicts the scriptures.

They, in a rather excited and terrified way, Tell you go get that fire the hell out of here. They tell you that you should dispose of it and then proceed to give you some oddly specific instructions as to where to do it, including coordinates. They seem to be trying to discretely tell you to go somewhere.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2019, 11:57:54 am »

Well, it's no secret that they are "sceptical" of the Cthonic teachings and they they hoard all sorts of knowledge. But it's one thing not agreeing with someone and another thing doing the equivalent of accepting contraband.

Edit: or maybe a stolen nuke, depending on how much the Cthonics would disagree.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2019, 12:24:27 pm »

Or a stolen nuke, depending on how dangerous they view the item in question.

Besides, perhaps Kara herself should be concerned a bit about how the Church might view handing such a potential threat over to someone else. While the Ethral might be able to deny involvement, Kara's already pretty heavily implicated.

I worry that the Church will react quite badly in about three turns, and this could be problematic for our group.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:16 pm »

That's future Kara's problem. Heh. Poor sucker. That's what she gets for trying to get maximum profit.

But hey, maybe the Ethral and the Church have a big disagreement about this and start killing each other. Then they'll forget all about us while we profit from the destruction. That'll teach them for not paying us more.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2019, 06:42:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 04, 2019, 05:13:04 pm »

Nothing to see here folks!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:28:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2019, 08:03:50 am »

If we'll need to stay incognito from now on, Adam could probably get by with a hooded robe and maybe some makeup to hide the black veins. For hiding Ashul's floating sword though, I'm thinking oversized novelty pope hat. Embroider a map of the spheres onto it for bonus style points.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27