Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 45570 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2019, 09:02:47 am »

"AsHul: Novelty Pope."

It has a certain ring to it.

Hotfire90

« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2019, 07:53:27 pm »

The 5 chemical junk used for the bomb still need to removed. The wiki doesn't have any chemical junk listed in the storage, so could either Parisbre or Pancaek please remove the 5 used chemical junk from their sheet.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2019, 08:18:01 pm »

Jus a note, My character was never told that the zealots were bad. My character thinks they might be able to see if Adaam and Ashul can help them figure out a way to destroy the warrior who wants to destroy the spheres

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2019, 06:41:48 am »

naturegirl, we understand. No need to justify your playstyle. I don't think anyone is upset at you.

Your character, on the other hand, might be evoking a certain level of ... irritation.

Edit: Piecewise's comment about being a traitor was mostly a joke. More or less. It's like that here. But really, we all know it wasn't an active attempt at sabotage.

Koste is just unfortunate that way. Well, she IS a moth, after all.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:45:07 am by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2019, 06:49:59 am »

ok

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2019, 08:37:22 am »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:47 am »

ok, that makes sense

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2019, 05:27:57 pm »

The 5 chemical junk used for the bomb still need to removed. The wiki doesn't have any chemical junk listed in the storage, so could either Parisbre or Pancaek please remove the 5 used chemical junk from their sheet.
Sure, I'll remove 5

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2019, 06:11:30 am »

I noticed that on the warehouse page, it's listed that we have a number of ethral rifles stored?  I think that's incorrect; the stored rifles say [pierce 2] and have ten-round mags, unlike ethral rifles which are [rifle 3] [pierce 3] and have seven-round mags.  I'm guessing they're the spare rifles we looted from the slaver guards, like the one Nyw's been running around with, since they have the same stats.

I haven't asked Dubs where the rifles originate from or how much they cost or whatever, so maybe they're ethral carbines or something, but their ammo is massively cheaper (2f for 10 shots, vs. 3f for 7), and the rifles themselves are probably cheaper as well.  Calling them ethral rifles is asking for someone to sell one for much more than its value, or buy overpriced ammo.

Also, we have nine listed total, one batch of four and another batch of five.  That sounds to me like some were accidentally cloned, but I don't feel like looking through the history of the page right now... sooo I'm just posting so whoever has paid attention can clear things up instead.  I'm not just lazy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2019, 10:34:51 am »

They were Ethral rifles: The relevant DIG OOC post

Perhaps Ethral rifles got a stat boost later on. I do believe PW reworked various weapons and things some time after this.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 23, 2019, 10:32:40 am »

Name: Ony
Description: Grey furred mole man with welding burn scars on his face.
Goal: Found a new town to make mechanical marvels

Stats
Str: 12
Dex: 10
Spe: 8
End: 12
Awa: 10
Cun: 9
Kno: 9
Ner:13

Skills
Diving 2
Occult 1
Electronics 1
Survival 1
Weaponsmith 2
Mechanical 1

Inventory
Relic Fragment
Grappling Hook
Dynamo
1 Mechanical Junk
1 Electronic Junk
7 Fathoms

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2019, 04:27:54 pm »

Then Dive: Balarim -> Sige reinforcing both twice for 7? rolls with the goal of assembling an electrically powered grappling gun using my grappling hook, dynamo, mechanical and electrical parts.
Balaram to Sige is a path of four rolls (Akhmah -> Balaram -> Yengenze -> Es -> Sige
Reinforce Balaram 2x, Sige 2x, for a total of eight rolls.

Final material roll (Balaram: knowledge roll)
Final Nerve roll

My template for doing Dive actions:
Spoiler: Template (click to show/hide)

Stating the intention at the top of the dive is fine too, but I like to get the technical stuff out on top so it's quick and easy to scan.

Two points to remember with Diving
1) The number of Nerve rolls you fail in the Dive Path (including reinforcement rolls) will be deducted from your Nerve stat temporarily (until you get a full night's rest or drink a worm's blood.
This affects your final Nerve Roll and the likelihood you get infected.

2) Final material and Nerve rolls do not roll at advantage or disadvantage.
For the Path rolls, you can stack the dice, so to speak, by Diving in a safe, comfortable environment and calm state of mind.
The dice are stacked against you, on the other hand, when you are in a difficult situation or your mind is fucked up (balancing on a tightrope, being attacked, having a nervous breakdown ...)
But your final two rolls: the one to decide if the Dive succedes (Material) and the one to decide if the Dive drives you crazier (Nerve) are never stacked. They do take advantage of your Dive skill, however.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 04:32:37 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 28, 2019, 02:38:39 pm »

It's not for now, but I kinda think that if we ever return to where our warehouse is (Anvil iirc) we should sell it and use the proceeds to get some extra upgrades for our bore. Every time we go there it takes quite some time and fuel and we don't seem to get that much use out of it. I'd say we commit to making the bore our home.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 28, 2019, 02:45:37 pm »

It does seem like an unnecessary fuel expenditure to return to Anvil every mission. We don't exactly haul cargo or anything, nor are we involved in the military or political affairs of the city, so we don't really have any ties there either.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 28, 2019, 11:23:03 pm »

On the other hand, if you get that portal knife working, The Warehouse will gain a great deal of appeal as a stationary return point.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27