Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Incompability with TWBT graphics?  (Read 3232 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Incompability with TWBT graphics?
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:06:09 am »

So I wanted to start using Dragonmaster's graphics pack due to how interesting and expansive it was.
However there seems to be a problem when I try to use Adventurecraft with it, now I am no modder, but due to someone telling me that I may have duplicate raws I decided to look into it, and obviously the raws of Adventurecraft are different than Dragonmaster's raws. Thanks to this, tiles like orthoclase's rock tile become flowers or in case of other rocks like slate, become berry bushes along with along with that the surface is littered with exclamation marks when clearly it should be grass or something like that.

To come to this conclusion I decided to not install any mods, and just play the game with a Mosquito man (due to their ability to fly) and found it working great.

However is there a way for me to perhaps convert Dragonmaster to be able to play with Adventurecraft or am I stuck with regular color schemes?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

tali713

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Incompability with TWBT graphics?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:29:35 pm »

Sure, but it may be tedious if you don't have good tools.  So, let's say you have your graphics pack and your mod.  See if any files from the mod are duplicated by the graphics pack.  Okay, so let's say you have two files named foo.txt, e.g. graphicspack/raw/foo.txt and mod/raw/foo.txt there will also be the base raw.  Both of the replacement files will override the original raw/foo.txt so i'd use the "diff" tool to see what new changes each of the new files brings, then merge either manually or machine assisted if possible. 3-way diff is a thing, but I can't make any promises if you are unfamiliar.  It should be noted that line endings matter to diff, so make sure all files are either uniformly unix or uniformly dos line endings.  Repeat for all files that require merging.