Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to extract specific workshops for vanilla DF  (Read 1708 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Trying to extract specific workshops for vanilla DF
« on: June 25, 2018, 10:03:57 pm »

Per title, I'm trying to get a few non-DFHack workshops into 44.11, but I know I'm missing a piece somewhere.  Using the Gem Cutter as an example:

From 'building_dwarf_civ'
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

'reaction_mw_crafters'

And finally, 'entity_good_dwarf'

The workshop does not appear in my menu, and crashes more often than not.  Any info is appreciated :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to extract specific workshops for vanilla DF
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:01:44 pm »

Your reaction file doesn't contain any reactions -- i have no idea what all those lines are that start and end with asterisks (i mean, i can hazard a guess that they're some kind of meta-scripting mumbo jumbo related to either DFHack or the Masterwork GUI), but in any case they're not DF raw modding tokens, and they're certainly not full reactions.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:09:50 pm »

You're looking for the part of the reaction file that looks like this:

^ above is just copy and pasted from Masterwork 43.05.  It's still going to cause some errors in vanilla.  Off the top of my head i see references to not only the GEMCUTTER but also the GUILD_JEWELER_ building, so you probably want to delete those.  I don't think that [DESCRIPTION] tokens or [REACTION_CLASS:GEM] are valid in vanilla.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:21:59 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:36:04 pm »

Do you have an idea which buildings and workshops besides the Gemforge you want to port over?  I'm interested in something similar so I'd be happy to collaborate a bit.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 10:06:11 pm »

Oh duh, I forgot the reactions :)  Was just going through the files and searching for relevant workshop names, so I appreciate the info.  For me, the biggest RP additions are the 3 main crafting workshops; Gem, Stone, & Bone (never got much use out of the basket weave & stuff like that).  I also never used any of the 'splitting' or other conversion reactions since I play with low scarcity option in my worldgen.

I have the individual versions of Fortress Defense and a gear/combat overhaul.  The only other MW-specific thing I'm trying to extract are the many decorations that Meph added before his latest biking thing.  I recall him mentioning that these were 1 tile workshops, yet I can't find any reference to them in any files.  Unless they are specifically linked to his tileset, in which case I wouldn't even know how to search for them.

Edit: Just realized that his tileset is actually a mini launcher unto itself, so the decorations are probably in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:22:26 pm by Immortal-D »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 10:28:26 am »

Small progress report.  I got the workshops & decorations partially functional.  Here is the Stone Crafter, able to make stuff from blocks, plus a table & throne recently made from sandstone blocks.  They accept office & dining hall designations, and can be assigned to a Dorf.  These are sandstone blocks, so I think the color is normal here.

However, the Gem Cutter reactions are not working.

Lastly, the base decoration workshop is built and accepts tasks, but does not change to match.

You may also note the gems are all brown-ish, which leads me to believe that the tileset included in the LNP is older than the last one Meph updated.  I tried using Ironhand; gems & stones had expected variation, but the decoration problem remain; it would build the workshop and not change.  I have not tried the new workshops with a non-meph tileset.  I learned the hard way that when you change graphics, 'updating raws' means nuking all non-standard entries, so I'll need to recreate this in a separate version for testing a regular tileset.

Assuming a non-meph tileset fixes the color problems, we're still left with the issues of gem & decoration reactions.  Oh and possibly the bone carver as well, haven't tried that one yet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:30:20 am by Immortal-D »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 03:01:36 pm »

OK, i have no idea how the decorations work, nor much about the newfangled graphic tile overrides and stuff.  So i don't know how much help i'll be there.

I can probably debug gemcutter reactions.  Can I see the actual code you're using for them?  Did you try remove the [REACTION_CLASS:GEM]?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 04:59:50 pm »

Edit: At some point, I accidentally overwrote all the changes I made to 'entity_default' :-[  Fixing that got the Gem Cutter working, and the other 2 workshops as well.  The decorations issue is bugging me far more than it rightly should, but w/e.  Progress is progress.

Yeah, looks like decorations involve some DFHack wizardy.  I know enough that updating graphics between versions involves more than simple copy/paste, so that's probably a no go.  Anyways, since the buildings and commands appear to work, here is a snippet from 'reaction_mw_crafters'

Did a quick test of the bone carver, all is good there.  As an aside, looking through a few layers of my embark, other gems appear to have more or less correct colors, but a few like that blue jasper look funky.  Gonna see if I can get the workshops to appear in a non-meph tileset, hopefully they won't be invisible.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:45:55 pm by Immortal-D »