Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anything RPG  (Read 2119 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Anything RPG
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:00 pm »

I'll be running an RPG, but I want it to be something that you want to play. Here's how I've decided to do that:
 -The first 4 people who join are guaranteed a spot, and can suggest anything for the game (mechanics, theme, setting). I'll try to include as much of that as possible.
 -People who join later are added to the waitlist, but can still suggest things for the game. If it sounds neat and doesn't clash with what the first 4 said, I'll add it too.
 -Any mechanics that haven't already been determined by the above, I'll add myself. I have a few ideas floating around, and I want to try them out.

No real restrictions on the suggestions, except that they have to keep it an RPG (of course). Also, I have to finish something up before I run the game, but I'll be putting the mechanics together in my spare time, so that it'll be ready when my other project is finished.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:08:23 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Anything RPG
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:27:53 pm »

I want to play. The RPG's plot will be about a team of four cats seeking to retrieve the Cat Toy of Unlimited Catnip.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:39:30 pm »

I'm interested.
Level-ups will be done in the Undead Hunt style; that is, starts at two kills (or whatever the accomplishments will be, so maybe "catnip pieces acquired"), increases by 2 [requirement] each level, and you get to create your own new ability each time you level up.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 12:28:08 am »

I want to join. I also think a rune based magic system would be cool.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 01:50:05 am »

I want to join
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 06:35:47 am »

I'm interested in playing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 10:42:21 am »

I want to play. The RPG's plot will be about a team of four cats seeking to retrieve the Cat Toy of Unlimited Catnip.
Sounds great.
I'm interested.
Level-ups will be done in the Undead Hunt style; that is, starts at two kills (or whatever the accomplishments will be, so maybe "catnip pieces acquired"), increases by 2 [requirement] each level, and you get to create your own new ability each time you level up.
Alright. Neat idea.

What about the rest of you, guys? Anything you want to add?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 11:09:20 am »

Dungeon crawl setup, maybe? Should we do sci-fi or fantasy, or mix them together? Are there humans?
Are there different breeds of cats with different abilities? Are there stats?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:10 am »

Dungeon crawl setup, maybe? Should we do sci-fi or fantasy, or mix them together? Are there humans?
Are there different breeds of cats with different abilities? Are there stats?
Here's what I was thinking: What if it's kind of sci-fi. The cats only have basic tools, but have learned to use the "artifacts" (read: cat toys) the mysterious race of Huemins left behind. Somehow those artifacts give them bonuses to stuff, and no one questions it.

Sound good?
Money!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 11:20:11 am »

Yes
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 11:46:56 am »

This sounds very interesting. Count me in.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 11:48:33 am »

What if, the cats can evolve after a certain number of level ups? That house cat you're playing as can become a lion or a panther or a catgirl or whatever cat things come up.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 11:52:38 am »

What if, the cats can evolve after a certain number of level ups? That house cat you're playing as can become a lion or a panther or a catgirl or whatever cat things come up.
Considering that some of the abilities I got for myself in Undead Hunt involved me gradually becoming a dragon, I think this is implicit in the level-up system.

EDIT: We also created sub-classes at level 4, which might be well-suited to this idea. They provided numerous passive skills.
You could make your normal level-up things passive skills, too, but the subclass parts are always passives.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:56:22 am by Glass »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 12:17:07 pm »

In I guess.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 12:38:23 pm »

What if the abilities/evolutions you get as you leveled up are unlocked by what you killed/how you leveled up?
Money!
Pages: [1] 2