Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help! Stockpiles wont use large pots nor barrels to store.  (Read 4156 times)

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Stockpiles wont use large pots nor barrels to store.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 04:40:30 am »

"last" could also mean either "most recent" or "previous", so even ignoring the reality of time passing, the phrase is inherently ambiguous

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 04:14:00 pm »

Solved, i started flazing pots and they started using them. It doesnt matter whether they will be holding liquids or not, they dont use them if they are not glazed.
They used to. What version are you on?
Last version.
Are your pots made of rock? Wiki says if you make earthenware (clay) pots they have to be glazed to hold liquids. So that's probably where you went wrong. Make rock pots. They don't need to be (and probably can't be) glazed.

Now, unglazed clay pots not holding dry goods is probably a bug (wiki thinks it should work) so maybe report that one.
How do i report a bug?
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 04:15:26 pm »

And, by the way "last version" is a very poor answer to the question of which version is used. It's not that uncommon, for starters, that people think they're using the latest version, while they have, in fact, missed an update, and, secondly, the answer gets invalidated as soon as a new version comes out (which, for whatever we know, could happen minutes after posting).
ok. Version 0.47.04
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 04:52:44 pm »

Solved, i started flazing pots and they started using them. It doesnt matter whether they will be holding liquids or not, they dont use them if they are not glazed.
Last version.
Are your pots made of rock? Wiki says if you make earthenware (clay) pots they have to be glazed to hold liquids. So that's probably where you went wrong. Make rock pots. They don't need to be (and probably can't be) glazed.

Now, unglazed clay pots not holding dry goods is probably a bug (wiki thinks it should work) so maybe report that one.
How do i report a bug?
Post a report on the bug tracker, here:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

If you have a save demonstrating the problem, zip up your save (save\region1 usually) and upload it to Dwarf Fortress file depot. Add a link to your bug report.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/

I did a quick search of the tracker and it doesn't look like this has been reported before.

Just to be clear though, your issue is non-glazed clay pots not holding food, right? Rock pots are working OK?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:57:31 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 07:38:54 pm »

Last version.

How do i report a bug?
Post a report on the bug tracker, here:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

If you have a save demonstrating the problem, zip up your save (save\region1 usually) and upload it to Dwarf Fortress file depot. Add a link to your bug report.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/

I did a quick search of the tracker and it doesn't look like this has been reported before.

Just to be clear though, your issue is non-glazed clay pots not holding food, right? Rock pots are working OK?
Idk, i only used Clay pots as I wanted to emulate byzantine empire ceramic centric containers
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 06:56:44 am »

Idk, i only used Clay pots as I wanted to emulate byzantine empire ceramic centric containers

Just glaze them for the full functionality with some ash and it should work just fine. ;)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 08:14:13 am »

Just glaze them for the full functionality with some ash and it should work just fine. ;)
It's supposed to work without glazing (for dry food), that's the issue.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 07:05:09 pm »

It's supposed to work without glazing (for dry food), that's the issue.

I sent messenger on a mission to request workers. All workers arrived as merchants and even messenger got bugged and refused to work. So my advise is, forget it. Just reload from an older save and do not do the same thing over. :)
Pages: 1 [2]