Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I warn my friend not to take a bad job  (Read 1097 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
How do I warn my friend not to take a bad job
« on: June 27, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »

I escaped from an awful job, where I was told to do very stupid stuff that ended up getting some people fired and arrested, but there's still very bad stuff going on there. Thankfully, I left with a glowing review, because I turned in some of the jerks responsible, but there are tons more.

My friend needs a job and is looking at this place, because he was recently let go and put in over 300 applications. There is a reason I left because people have actually gone to jail working there with tons of turnover. All the decent people there do tons of CYA and document to make sure they don't get indicted when it eventually falls for breaking basically every regulation.

I am trying to find him any other job and have sent him links with detailed information for other positions like HR contact info. etc. I'm not showing him bad jobs either, cause I would take any one of them. I don't want him taken in by the same lie I was. I wasn't sleeping, developed health problems and it pretty much messed up my life. There are other jobs and I'll get him one that won't give him 12 ulcers and an arrest. This one was too good to be true for a reason; it was.

How do I get this across to him?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:13:15 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I warn my friend not to take a bad job
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:15:15 pm »

I would show them this post.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: How do I warn my friend not to take a bad job
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 12:39:22 am »

Tell him a full time job at McDonalds while he sorts stuff out beats being asked to do something illegal for a paycheck and taking the fall for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti