Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Armok's Sandbox (Sucession game)  (Read 7408 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Armok's Sandbox (Sucession game)
« on: June 28, 2018, 06:58:44 am »

While browsing through the forums, I found this topic, unfortunately It never came out (Or it did but in another topic and I never found It), but I just loved the idea, so why no revive it? The idea is simple, yet truly amazing:

CHEAT.

Yeah, cheat, cheat like crazy, cheat the reactions to allow you to get an infinite amout of food and drink from Limestone, or an insanely large amount of steel and adamantine from Bauxite. The idea here is to allow you to have basically everything, but now, what would you build if you had everything? What monstruosity would you build? Giant castles? Temples in hell? Vaults that go Up 50 z-levels? Anything can be built! So the point here is, let us build amazing structures, massive Skycrapers, everything we have always dreamed of building but couldn't stand the wait of 50 years of caravans bringing the supplies for the 1st floor! After we're done, we open the world for adventurers, and let us explore our ruins, our dreams!

BTW, Thanks GRead for the amazing Idea!

Rules:

• Each player takes a turn to build his structure, turn are comprised of 2 IRL weeks, but infinite amount of time in-game, you want to build your megaproject, not rule for a year.
  • You're allowed to cheat as you like in order to be able to finish your project, just remember, your cheats shall be "Disabled" at the end of your turn. E.g. You cheated to disable temperature and built an Ice castle on hell... It WILL melt down, sorry buddy.
  • Every project/turn, will be a new embark on a different location, so let's try to spread the projects around the world so It's cooler for the adventurers to explore the world and find them, of course, everything shall be on the same continent.
  • You don't have to keep posting reports every often about your progress, as It is just building, but do post regularly so we know you're alive and working.
  • Once you finish your project, post a little overview of what you built, and then pass the save to the next one in line.
  • To be added

Players list:

• BlueKanary
  • scourge728
  • Fleeting Frames
  • GPeter
  • Sanctume
  • Immortal-D
  • Babylon

The World

Once the game begins, this will hold a map of the world with the locations of every structure highlited.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:15:40 am by GPeter »
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
Re: A Godlike world indeed...(Sucession game)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 12:22:59 pm »

I'll join in.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:07:46 pm »

Holy, I didn't even remember this thread anymore... Nice to see that it can be revived. We need a couple more players tough... Or maybe we can start already and others might join later. What you think?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 09:20:31 am »

Nice, I'll create the world tomorrow and begin working on my idea for a megastructure. Expect some reports soon...

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:54 am »

Can we cheat with DFhack ?
Can we cheat with the creatures' building capacities, not only the materials ? (fastdwarf, teleport, exterminate, ...) ?
 :P
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 01:35:05 pm »

Can we cheat with DFhack ?
Can we cheat with the creatures' building capacities, not only the materials ? (fastdwarf, teleport, exterminate, ...) ?
 :P

Anything that allows you to make a possible megastructure, keep in mind that the cheats must be disabled before updating the final save.

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:08 pm »

As for a name for the world how about Armok's Sandbox

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 05:03:51 pm »

Does flooding the circus count as a mega-structure? if not, can I do it anyway?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 12:28:57 pm »

As for a name for the world how about Armok's Sandbox

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's acctually a nice name!

Does flooding the circus count as a mega-structure? if not, can I do it anyway?

I would say yes... But that wouldn't be exploreable while on adventurer mode, would it?

Expect some screenshots tonight folks!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 03:14:03 pm »

Huh. I can't help but wonder: What kind of world would be good for this?

My kneejerk thought is to want some STRONG 10k human and goblin sites, but...Raids and cheating in what you'd trade make that bit unnecessary, now do they?

I suggest using biomemanipulator at the start of worldgen (before civ placement) for faunadiversity/floradiversity (since it's harder to populate civ access lists after they're placed), and 1 cavern for fps.

I'm going to tentatively say: sign me up.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »

Huh. I can't help but wonder: What kind of world would be good for this?

My kneejerk thought is to want some STRONG 10k human and goblin sites, but...Raids and cheating in what you'd trade make that bit unnecessary, now do they?

I suggest using biomemanipulator at the start of worldgen (before civ placement) for faunadiversity/floradiversity (since it's harder to populate civ access lists after they're placed), and 1 cavern for fps.

I'm going to tentatively say: sign me up.

I had created an "ordinary" world, as we're going to play on adventurer mode later on, and thus, the towns, hamlets and all that sort of stuff will be good, we do need to have everything on the same continent tough... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I was already playing when my little cousin (5 years old) simply unplugged my pc out of the power. Now I've got a corrupted save file and a fried Hard Disk :( Gonna re-create the world on my laptop and post some screenshots soon (I had forgot to take the screenshots when creating the world before).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Armok's Sandbox (Sucession game)
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 02:55:37 pm »

...Ouch. Lost some electronics to little sisters when they were in kindergarten as well, though not as much.

I think two equally-sized continents separated by an ocean would be good. Reason to make bridges. Maybe use one of the perfectworld IRL world maps?

What do you think about using DragonDePlatino's (creator of Gemset) newest TWBTset called Bitlands (currently under beta testing)?
Reason I mention it is that if there is a graphics set used that messes with raws, it might be more difficult to revert than single LNP-click allows when cheat reactions listed in the thread in the OP are included.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 06:55:29 am »

Sorry for the delay but it's elections right now, so You can imagine the mess that the country is right now... But anyway, I've already got some screenshots going, and as soon as I get home from work, I'll post them.

Right now a have a request for you guys, does anyone want play before me? grab the save and build your megaproject first? I have a BIG test coming this sunday and next sunday as well (Here in Brazil it's quite diffent, and also weird. How we get into college) so I should be studying a lot these couple of weeks, but once the test is done, I will achieve my so wanted Freedom
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:58:20 am by GPeter »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2018, 07:28:33 am »

What about DFhacking something that is stable, but impossible? Like making a dwarf his own grandpa, swapping the souls of a demon and a horse, sending the fort 500 years into the past, or constructing a labyrinth out of slade?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4