Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

Armok's Sandbox (Sucession game)

(1/11) > >>

GPeter:
While browsing through the forums, I found this topic, unfortunately It never came out (Or it did but in another topic and I never found It), but I just loved the idea, so why no revive it? The idea is simple, yet truly amazing:

CHEAT.

Yeah, cheat, cheat like crazy, cheat the reactions to allow you to get an infinite amout of food and drink from Limestone, or an insanely large amount of steel and adamantine from Bauxite. The idea here is to allow you to have basically everything, but now, what would you build if you had everything? What monstruosity would you build? Giant castles? Temples in hell? Vaults that go Up 50 z-levels? Anything can be built! So the point here is, let us build amazing structures, massive Skycrapers, everything we have always dreamed of building but couldn't stand the wait of 50 years of caravans bringing the supplies for the 1st floor! After we're done, we open the world for adventurers, and let us explore our ruins, our dreams!

BTW, Thanks GRead for the amazing Idea!

Rules:

* Each player takes a turn to build his structure, turn are comprised of 2 IRL weeks, but infinite amount of time in-game, you want to build your megaproject, not rule for a year.
* You're allowed to cheat as you like in order to be able to finish your project, just remember, your cheats shall be "Disabled" at the end of your turn. E.g. You cheated to disable temperature and built an Ice castle on hell... It WILL melt down, sorry buddy.
* Every project/turn, will be a new embark on a different location, so let's try to spread the projects around the world so It's cooler for the adventurers to explore the world and find them, of course, everything shall be on the same continent.
* You don't have to keep posting reports every often about your progress, as It is just building, but do post regularly so we know you're alive and working.
* Once you finish your project, post a little overview of what you built, and then pass the save to the next one in line.
* To be added
Players list:

* BlueKanary
* scourge728
* Fleeting Frames
* GPeter
* Sanctume
* Immortal-D
* Babylon
The World

Once the game begins, this will hold a map of the world with the locations of every structure highlited.

BlueKanary:
I'll join in.

GPeter:
Holy, I didn't even remember this thread anymore... Nice to see that it can be revived. We need a couple more players tough... Or maybe we can start already and others might join later. What you think?

scourge728:
I would also like to join

GPeter:
Nice, I'll create the world tomorrow and begin working on my idea for a megastructure. Expect some reports soon...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version