Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD. OoC thread  (Read 360 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A First Host's Game: FE RtD. OoC thread
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:49:57 am »

Fire Emblem
Ruins of Fracturia

Many ages ago, 4 Great Generals fought over the All-Heart.

A Warrior as Bright as the Sun. A Mage as Blinding as Snow. A Thief whose Network spanned the Kingdoms.
And in the center of this, a Girl, older than them all.

The 4 were not always as history knows them now, what was left in ruin before their war.
Once, they walked together.

Greed. Guilt. Hubris.

Love. Bonds. Friendship.

As time passed, Grudges gave way to Hate. Selfishness. Anger.
Those who knew of the Prophecy, The World's End.

Time and time again chose to spite each other.
Until, they brought about the End itself.

As for How I know this. Well..
Why don't you find out yourself~

Welcome to the OoC thread.(Is that right.)
Here you can talk about the latest bits of the ongoing game. You can also sign-up, but the house-rules do differ a bit from the others I've seen.

Here's the Actual Thread, Ruins of Fracturia.

It's not quite cleaned up yet, but the basics are there..

So, Character Format Time -

• Character Name: Pick the name you will be known by.
  • Starting Class: Pick a playable class from amongst Fire Emblem History; Be sure to pick which game it comes from.
  • Kingdom: Pick a Kingdom to start in. (Affects who you're paired with){Notice, certain classes are locked to certain kingdoms}
  • Buy your Items: Since I'm so kind, I shall grant you the ability to buy Items to start with. How Nice..
  • Receive Your Character Chart: This shows your progression as a character. It's also required to start the game, so take care of it.

This is mostly just a straight copy of the original Topic.

One last bit, a story of your own.
  • History: Who are you, where are you from, any relations? Skills? Background?

Note that histories posted are subject to change via GM/PMs. But the original is still the starting point.

For example, if you're story doesn't quite fit with world lore, some things may change.

Now the Kingdom Copy-

Al-Mast

A seafaring kingdom bordering the Northern Line. It encompasses a chain of Islands.
Al-Mast primarily exports Fish and Crystal . It usually imports Steel and Flora.
Al-Mast's capital is based in Star Harbor.

Ignis

A kingdom most foreigners deem to be this side of Hel, it has the largest continent, and is located near the Southeastern Line.
Ignis primarily exports Steel, Iron and Stone. It mostly imports Vegetables and Paper.
Ignis's Capital is Daemongulf.

Windrest

A land of plenty, it was not always like this. A mountainous region with constant snowfall. The Locals have learned how to harness steam vents scattered around to turn snow into a great agricultural system.
Windrest primarily exports Vegetables and Meats. It usually imports Crystals.
It also boasts the claim of being the natural home of Pegassi.
Windrest does not have a central capital, and is located along the North-Eastern Line.

Oceania

A collection of Merchant Ship-States, they make their home along the South-Western Line. While not having a standing military, their tech is top notch thanks to salvaging and trade.

The Darklands

A land of Exile to many unmentionables. They live a hard life near the Western Line. Despite this, they live somewhat well among each other. Why, their last civil war was 30 years ago!

Letherian

A Land located near diagonal across the Center SW, their exports are the ever mystic Fruits. Making good business picking these precious luxuries, they are rather peaceful. No one really invades since it would spark a war against everyone else.
It's capital is Alexandria.

Map is a square.

Lore: Characters only really know what they know, but here's some current background.

Al-Mast: Unknown

Ignis: Know for it's Horsemen, Wyverns, and military might.(Not all Information) Hot as hell, Cold as Hel.
Lot's of iron leads to an abundance of weapons, and even special metals like Black-Iron.

Know locations,
Terissa's Prologue: Elirit Plains, Magma/Lava Fields, Mt. Helios.
Gaiden 1-x: Ruins/Sealed zone

Windrest: Unknown

Oceania: Unknown

The Darklands: Home of the Laguz tribes. Everand's Base exists in the Beast Laguz's land

Everand's Prologue: Ramadam(Village Base)
Jane's Xenologue: ???

Letherian: Headquarters of the Holy Church

Toby Landan's Prologue: Yet to Begin

Shopping: Will edit this in later, but prices are there in the main page. Might be best to ignore the text accompanying it, and if you feel there is an item you want on there, just ask here.

Classes & Stories:

(Lord)Bandit-Taken by Everand
Manakete-Taken by Terissa
Solider-Taken by Toby.

Which version you take can have an effect. Still, please don't take something that has already been taken..

Having said that, I am inclined to allow multiple so long as they're noticeably different.

Growth is mostly determined by what game the class you pick is from, though you can pick any of the Trainee classes in the docs.

Each character also does a few rolls beforehand, 1 of which is your Destiny Roll.
This roll has numerous effects on just about everything. It's also random.
Make sure to keep it secret, but you can share your growths here if you wish.

Level-Up!

Levels are run by dice, though there is one advantage granted to you. That is the Level Roll.

1- No bonus to your growth rate this level.
2- If missing 2 or more +40% growths, receive +1 to your next Roll~Level-up.
3- +5% to your Lowest stat this Level-up.(Lowest growth if tied)
4- +5% to your Lowest stat & Hp Growth this Level-up.(Lowest Growth if tied)
5- +5% to your 2 Highest stats this Level-up.(Lowest Growth if tied)
6- +1 Stat points to 2 un-grown stats this Level-up.(To be chosen by you next post)
7- Stats have a 50% chance of growing Twice this Level-Up.

It's a small advantage, but every bit helps,

Promotion

Upon promotion, your growth rate will improve.
Terissa has also manged to earn some Heart Drops, netting her a luck boost.

Typically, the growths will be given automatically. How the character progresses can effect it.

Final Note, it may be best to read it.

This is my first hosted game. And things are going to blindside you in the Prologue. I will try to help you out, but if you make dumb moves, you will get into troubling situations.

Might be as much my inexperience as your mistake, but I will clarify near anything if you ask. Or at least not say anything more so as to not spoil anything. It doesn't hurt to ask, and remind me of any mistakes you spot.

Here's hoping to a great game.

Immediate edit: Archer range is 1-3 usually.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:52:40 am by TricMagic »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD. OoC thread
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:20 am »

Unless its a mistake in the tile, RtD's have their own subforum mister ;v
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD. OoC thread
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:11:09 am »

Noted, but it more a few rolls mixed into general FE.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171211.0