Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question - Cloth Raws  (Read 436 times)

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question - Cloth Raws
« on: June 29, 2018, 01:07:35 pm »

Is cloth a hardcoded item/material? I can't find it in the raws, only thread.

I'm trying to add in knitting for adventurers, and knitted cloth IRL is more elastic, but also deteriorates faster than woven cloth, and may also be weaker, cause it's looser than woven cloth. Does anyone at least know what cloth raws would look like so I can reference it to make knitted cloth?

Side question: I can't remember and it came up in conversation when chatting with my source for knitting info: Is flax cloth called linen in game?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Question - Cloth Raws
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 02:27:30 pm »

CLOTH[10000] is an ITEMTYPE, just like THREAD[15000] is also an ITEMTYPE, however both are made from the same MATERIAL which is normally called/ID'd as THREAD (plant thread, yarn/wool, etc)

so if you wanted to make "knitted" thread you'd just have to make a new material that would be the knitted varient

as for being named cotton, linen, cloth, etc. I don't know. Seems more like material naming

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 03:31:31 pm »

Ah, I was hoping cloth had different material values to thread, since all kinds of thread, as well as feathers and for some reason scale, have 100% strain at yield. I suppose it's kinda pointless making things any more elastic than that, especially since that would make it more flexible than the material it's made from.

I'd imagine cotton things are called cotton, since that is also the name of the plant, I was just curious about whether linen was called linen in game, or whether it was mistakenly named flax cloth. I suppose I'll find out when I start testing my knitting out since I'll just have people knit ordinary woven cloth instead of knitted cloth.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 03:49:20 pm »

Well you have have the plant be called "Flax" but the inner material of THREAD you can give it "linen" so you get "linen thread" to make linen cloth, to make linen items