Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Project Phoenix - Open Legend-powered soft sci-fi West Marches game  (Read 4955 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Annoying, I didn't find something on standing in the way of attacks, I probobly missed something.
BTW: how you write in the chet on roll20?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting in the way of incoming attacks sounds like you want provoked. It gives the enemy a penalty if they try and attack anyone that isn't you.
As for the sheets the sheets we're using have a script in them. Go to the character sheet tab of your character sheet (yeah I know) then click on "main" there there should be an editable character sheet that will update itself as you fill it out. The flaws, perks, feats, actions and inventory items have a grey bar above each with their name. Clicking on that bar posts all the details of that entry to chat, if you want to edit them there should be spaces to add the relevant details like their names below the grey bar. I hope that's clear as I tend to suck at explaining things.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting in the way of incoming attacks sounds like you want provoked. It gives the enemy a penalty if they try and attack anyone that isn't you.
As for the sheets the sheets we're using have a script in them. Go to the character sheet tab of your character sheet (yeah I know) then click on "main" there there should be an editable character sheet that will update itself as you fill it out. The flaws, perks, feats, actions and inventory items have a grey bar above each with their name. Clicking on that bar posts all the details of that entry to chat, if you want to edit them there should be spaces to add the relevant details like their names below the grey bar. I hope that's clear as I tend to suck at explaining things.
Thank you,where the character sheet in roll20?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

You need to click "launch game", which is not at all obvious IMHO
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to click "launch game", which is not at all obvious IMHO
Yup and once in the game there'll be a sidebar on the right with a newspaper icon called journal, that'll have all our character sheets and stuff there. However you cannot edit character sheets from outside a game or import character sheets into existing games (which is something they probably should add) so you'll need to join and launch the game before you can edit anything.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

You can import character sheets actually, but it is a little tricky, and not available to free users IIRC.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I will work on my character tomorrow, this is odd way of doing things

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can import character sheets actually, but it is a little tricky, and not available to free users IIRC.
Huh. Well that just goes to show how little I know about roll20  :P

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

So what I was thinking of doing wrt the IC forum thread was essentially a sort of "mission report" thread, summing up latest mission results, highlighting certain PC advancements, news across the galaxy and what else have you (kind of allowing people who aren't directly a part of the game to still follow what's happening, though I'm not sure how much of an audience there is for that), and having all the actual character interactions take place on the roll20 and/or Discord (which I haven't made yet for the record).

(Or forgoing an IC thread entirely and just sticking to this one instead.)

Would that work?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

If it is just for end of session reports, this thread would probably be fine.

On the other hand, if people are interested in a bit of inter-session RP an IC thread would definitely be useful. Hmm... Then again, Discord may be a better fit, assuming all involved parties are around at the same times. Tricky decision.

Honestly, I don't know what would be best. Just try going without and add one later if a need develops maybe?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still can't find  how to get to my character sheet

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Go to the roll20 page, click the big pink "launch game" button, wait for the game to load,  click the second button on the sidebar (the tooltip says "journal"), and finally click the line that says "Rockeater's PC".

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did, show me an empy window

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There should be an edit button up in the top right of the window. If there's not a button there I think Mesa needs to assign the character sheet to you.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

Also, there should be some tabs along the top of the character sheet. The first one is your bio (shown to other players), you probably want to start with the second tab.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4