Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Project Phoenix - Open Legend-powered soft sci-fi West Marches game  (Read 4873 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I have when I press the Rockeater PC character is the bio tab
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The way permissions work, you can assign editing and viewing to different people. Mesa has apparently made the sheets viewable to everybody I think, which allows people to see the bio's, but obviously hasn't made them editable by everybody. You can't assign individual permissions to somebody who hasn't joined the game yet, and it's likely that she just doesn't know who you are to assign the character to you. There's only one person that's actually listed in the players who's unaccounted for, so I can guess who you are, but it might be easier for Mesa if you either introduce yourself in the games chat so she can link the sheet to your name, or change your display name for this game specifically under the settings tab, the gear on the right. For example, I changed my name to Interus, to match my name here, even though you might notice there's no Interus on the player list.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

The way permissions work, you can assign editing and viewing to different people. Mesa has apparently made the sheets viewable to everybody I think, which allows people to see the bio's, but obviously hasn't made them editable by everybody. You can't assign individual permissions to somebody who hasn't joined the game yet, and it's likely that she just doesn't know who you are to assign the character to you. There's only one person that's actually listed in the players who's unaccounted for, so I can guess who you are, but it might be easier for Mesa if you either introduce yourself in the games chat so she can link the sheet to your name, or change your display name for this game specifically under the settings tab, the gear on the right. For example, I changed my name to Interus, to match my name here, even though you might notice there's no Interus on the player list.

That's what happened, but that issue is resolved now.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Phoenix - Open Legend-powered soft sci-fi West Marches game
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2018, 12:15:26 am »

Project Phoenix: Week 0 (July 4th 2018)
This is it. The Rakoid system, where the Corona Station floats in deepspace, between the system's many worlds, moons and asteroids. You are in the Shatterspace now, beyond the relative safety of Drakman's Line, which the Milky Way peoples swore not to let any Andromedan vessel go past during the great war that has now ended.

You are not just another star pilot, miner, soldier, engineer or colonizer - you arrive here under the banner of Project Phoenix, ready to raise these ruined worlds from the ashes of the war, and bring back their greatness to them, by gun or by welder.

Get yourself comfortable around the Corona Station, your new home away from home, but stay vigilant - alerts will start being broadcast to you from across these broken sectors, and it is your duty to respond to them, and provide safety and prosperity to the endless species which inhabit and roam this realm of our Galaxy.
Good luck, and remember - Project Phoenix counts on you.

Spoiler: Alerts available (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reports & highlights (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Station status (click to show/hide)

(No guarantee this will stay consistently weekly, or that the format doesn't change, but we'll figure it out as we go along I guess.)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2018, 12:28:17 am »

I'm guessing "Class X" means "unknown" or "really hard", so the other two missions look more attractive for a first outing. The class 0 mission looks more combat heavy and straight-forward, while the class 1 is probably a bit more complicated. My character isn't much of a direct combat type, but the class 0 mission would possibly be a better intro IMHO, since straight forward is exactly what we need to get started.

Any thoughts on the session time/date? (I don't see anything mentioned about that) For me, just about anything will work, my schedule is *really* flexible.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2018, 12:59:31 am »

I think Class X was a developing situation, there's a handout on alert levels on Roll20. Basically, it's one where there's not enough information to assign it a more specific number. I'm a lot more particular about when I can play, but that's why I joined a west marches game anyway. My schedule doesn't really allow me to say I'm available at the same days every week. If the timing doesn't work out that often, I'll still try to do some downtime stuff so people aren't surprised I exist when I do get in a mission.

All of those alerts look interesting to me. A dice roll suggests I vote for the pirate outpost though, if that's how we're deciding. Obviously I don't think it should count if I can't be there.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2018, 01:06:10 am »

Ahh, the alert level handout is new since I last looked, thank you for pointing it out. Looks like I was mostly right in my guesses, except "X" is for "unknown". If most everyone can make the first session it may be interesting to live dangerously...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2018, 02:24:02 am »

Naturally I forgot that campaign forums on Roll20 were a thing.
Might be worth using these - both for the roleplay and downtime stuff, but also for organizational stuff.

(Though I will still be posting updates to here for the sake of it, but still.)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2018, 04:53:37 am »

Alright, starting to set things up over on the campaign forums - re-posted the report #0, and made a scheduling thread. More stuff coming soon too (maybe).

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2018, 11:20:43 am »

A week later than intended, the first session happened yesterday - and here is a report (though the format is probably not going to be weekly now - either in real-time, or in-universe time, for various reasons, so just expect them whenever a mission happens, though with the goal of them being single-session, it'll probably be after each session).

Project Phoenix: Report #1 (July 15 2018)

Spoiler: Reports & highlights (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alerts available (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Station status (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 12:49:47 am »

It's a bloody business, but somebody has to do it. ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]