Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Earth Legacy Game - 100AD - Populate The Earth!  (Read 3900 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Legacy Game - 100AD - Populate The Earth!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 06:36:53 am »

No no, the gobbos are already modded in. You don't need to mod anything. You grab the save, you play, and you give an account of your game. Id advise against modifying anything, and if you do it needs to be approved by DakkaDakka, as it creates crashes.

We're waiting for FakerFanGirl as of now

FakerFangirl already PM'ed me about my turn, I just wanted to clear some doubts here before playing, I should get some reports by this weekend.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 10:06:08 pm »

Ha! Nobody will ever find the codex!

Well I managed to get nineteen notable kills in a dark fortress. Stash the weapons, pick up reinforcements for the demon invasion, go home and retire. Unretire my Cherryblossom so she stops wielding the waterskin instead of her sword & shield during combat, and hand over the save! Simple... Right??

No.

Cherryblossom refused to wield her sword and shield until the very end. Dodging into water and dying before I could stop the bleeding and fast-travel. Here lies her grave...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save is uploaded to Dakka, but I have unfinished business with that wicked horror. I'll be back.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:55:51 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

DakkaDakka

• Bay Watcher
  • My dorfs are the shootiest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:25 am »

So during the intermission period as we find a new person to take over the save file, I've been tinkering around with my mess of a fledgling town of GearedSpread.

As Europe has been rather underpopulated and AngelLand is tucked away in the Northwest, it's been tranquil. There is still a proportion of the population who is perpetually unhappy, but this is true of all towns. A new keep has been constructed to house a dedicated military. My ambitions are to develop a Martial Tradition amongst the inhabitants, with all fighting-age (and under) men and women serving a month a year in the barracks, which would also help satisfy needs for fighting. We've launched successful attacks against the Goblins in Eastern Europe.

All was going well. I was just about ready for bed to have dreams about Job Cancellations.

And then I see it.

I wonder just how boned I am right now. We have 150 humans, but none trained in archery. I heard it was possible to capture this megabeast by using a depressed child kitten tied to a restraint with a cage in front of it and burrowing everyone else to the keep.

D-Do I do it?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:12:12 pm by DakkaDakka »
I wanted to do a cute village in the wood and ended up with a dystopian dictatorship

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 10:56:20 am »

Yes, do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 02:29:26 am »

Might I suggest using a pig as bait?

... Can megabeasts become werepigs?

DakkaDakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 07:10:01 am »

What are Rocs?

GearedSpread Pt. II: A Story of Valor and Birds

Aden, The Legendary Roc from Antartica, circled high above the bustling town of GearedSpread. After taking a moment to consider its appetite, it descended.

It started by picking off the outsiders. Various travellers who enjoyed idling in the AngelLand countryside made easy targets; the beast gorging those he passed.

A dwarven mercenary was the first to raise his sword. Sure, it's a flying beast, but that didn't deter this young dorf. Seeing the beast flying above the treetops, he climbed to the top, ran along the branches and did duel with the Roc in the trees. Blood rained from the skies like a barn owl eviscerated by a growing tree, and despite competent strikes against the Roc, the dwarf was slain.

Weakened but strong, the beast flew confidently over the moats and walls of GearedSpread. The alarm bells rang loudly from the keep, and a flock of citizens ran to cover, some to the keep, some to the Fortress, and some to the tavern. The Roc burst into the tavern, squawking and tearing at the kitchen staff, chasing stragglers down into the lower tunnels that were being forged for basement space.

The Military moved in, SpearedThrusted leading the charge. The rookies picked up whatever looked sharp and menacing and stabbed, speared, chopped and stomped the beast until it fell unconcious. Masons sprinted to the opening of the tunnel and sealed the beast inside, where it could lick its wounds.

"This is great!" I exclaimed. "Now I can try out Adventure Mode, maybe get a few trophies or possessions back in the name of GearedSpread!" And so, I retired the fort.

10 minutes of Adventure Mode later, I quit adventure mode and unretired the fort. (It was inevitable)

And it turns out the Forgotten Beast's position isn't remembered, and so the first thing I see is a very pissed off Roc gorging out the vital organs of anything that passed over my main bridge! Well, here we go again. Entire military rushes across the bridge. One zerg human rush later, the Roc lies down.

Do I tell the military to stop? Not this time. We may not have a Roc, but we've got a dead roc. A dead roc as dead as a... stone.

I'm going to pump out statues for my new Fortress of this battle to tell the story. Can I make anything substantial out of the bones? Like a statue of the Roc made from the bones? I may make a bunch of crafts from the bones and put them in a goods bin in the hall or SpearedThrusted's room.

We also had a Goblin invasion! Just a little one. I felt Europe was a little dry, what with our "Peace" with the nearby Elven factions and the Goblins being deep in Eastern Europe, I made a lil' gobbo fort a bit closer to home. I haven't investigated, but I think that was where the goblins came. 15 years and no goblins! Not even a baby snatcher! Needless to say, the Goblin invasion was absolutely crushed with very few fatalities on our side.

GearedSpread now operates under Military Service; almost every citizen now trains in weapons in our new Mudstone Fortress on the outskirts of the town for two months a year. I'm drawing up on plans for Europe. Skirmishes into the White Ticks territories in Eastern Europe have been successful, although have amounted to little more than harassment raids.

I'm a little more busy than before, and the save file is open to anyone who wishes to colonize new territories or continue their previous forts. Or should anyone like to undertake an adventure. PM me for the save file or post here.

I will be checking with legends viewer and posting some of the happenings at 20 year intervals, so we can see how the world compares to how it used to look. It is currently 115AD.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:29:29 am by DakkaDakka »
I wanted to do a cute village in the wood and ended up with a dystopian dictatorship

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 04:48:43 pm »

No :c They killed the birb. He was the best of us. No longer will we have giant eggs for typical Angellandian breakfast

I can take another turn if you want. I'll play as goblinos and invade europe because why the hell not ?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:16 pm »

Whilst I am typing this, "Solid as a Rock" is playing on the work radio.
8)

DakkaDakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 06:58:38 am »

Herodian will be taking the save file for a week or two, playing as one of the weakened Human civilizations, followed by Cathar. Good luck!

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 04:46:41 pm »

Hello folks!

I'll be picking up as the smallish human civilization in central Asia, trying to expand beyond what is essentially Siberia into more prosperous lands. I am about to have a quite busy week, so I will need a grce period of about a week before I can start posting anything of interest, I apologize for the delay.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.
Pages: 1 [2]