Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lostshore - Community fort  (Read 5541 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lostshore - Community fort
« on: June 30, 2018, 01:05:13 pm »

Lostshore

1: Landing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a community fort playing as humans!

Pick a human to be "humaned" as and you can choose their first name, or just use your username. I'd like to keep the names in a Dwarf Fortress "style" so I might change usernames to sound more like actual fantasynames.

Here are the starting seven:

The game is not modded beyond All Races Playable - Questscribed's witchcraft is a story matter.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Lostshore - Community fort
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:43:13 am »

Can you provide the descriptions of available people please? I'm interested

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:05:26 am »

Sure! Here they are:

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:14:59 am »

Please dorf me as Copnut please, the woodworker. Cathar for a name is fine, if it sounds medievy enough. If I can control her to some extent, I would like to train her skills by putting her to craft wooden blocks automatically, for one or two years. If not it's okay

I'd have some doodles for you when I'm done with my things ! Also if you can give me her equipment list it would be wonderful

Oh and, I need to thank you a lot if you're the author of this mod. I keep recommending it to everyone, and I'm using it since I started to play

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:19:07 am »

2: Shelter

Please dorf me as Copnut please, the woodworker. Cathar for a name is fine, if it sounds medievy enough. If I can control her to some extent, I would like to train her skills by putting her to craft wooden blocks automatically, for one or two years. If not it's okay

I'd have some doodles for you when I'm done with my things ! Also if you can give me her equipment list it would be wonderful

Oh and, I need to thank you a lot if you're the author of this mod. I keep recommending it to everyone, and I'm using it since I started to play
Doodles? Cool!

And yeah, it's my mod. That's great to hear! I'm glad you like it!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »

"Permanent in like... we're all going to die here?"

Also it's all good ! According to her description, she doesn't stay mad for very long. Also from that same description, she hates romance but she's secretely jaleous that the witch got a boyfriend before she did.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:55:50 pm by Cathar »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:10 am »

Very nice doodle  :)

3: Digging in

Anyone interested in being the militia commander? There are a number of migrants with weapon skills to choose from.

Here's the full list of migrants:

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:10 am »

Could I be humaned as Focusmopped? Spears are always a good weapon against wild animals.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:06:26 am by Ombragon »

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 05:25:48 pm »

Could I be humaned as Torridwhite. If you need a militia commander, I volunteer.

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:46 pm »

I'd like to be humaned as Idolscalded please! Can I also see his personality?
Edit: Sorry if I'm being a bit intrusive, but can you upload a save of the current fort so I can poke around in the Legends viewer?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:37:07 pm by ShapedWhisper »

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 10:40:44 am »

4: Positions and potential

I never saw a promotion like that in Dwarf Fortress before. Pretty cool.

@ShapedWhisper I'd like to keep the legends under wraps for now, maybe later.

Here are the personalities of Ombragon, Justin and Isper:

Ombragon got to be militia commander since he seemed like more of a leader... but then Justin went and got his own promotion.

Do any of your characters have suggestions on what to give the dwarves in exchange for steel?

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 01:23:44 pm »

(I’m going to write entries based on my character’s personality if you don’t mind)

Journal entry 1: It is currently the early summer of the second year that we have been here. I recommended the position of outpost liaison to Emung, partially because he seemed like a worthy opponent for the position. He possesses the position for now, but I will best him and put him to shame when the time to show my skills come. My affinity for language will help me learn the local languages better. Soon I will show everyone my linguistic skills once we learn more of the other races and then they’ll HAVE to replace Emung with me for the position of liaison!

The reason I recommended him in the first place was out of hope…..hope that this will become a strong and prosperous outpost of course. A successful society requires conflict in order to succeed! And what better than to make Emung a rival to outdo!

I know, I may seem a bit competitive here, but only the winners get to write the history books, and we’re going to make a story out of Lostshore!   

What else…oh, I hope dogs are in this new world, and I most certainly hope they are tameable and can become loyal to us.

End of entry

(I kinda recommend that I don’t get put in to the military due to my frailness, also I’m sure we could trade some furniture for the steel because we have a lot of it)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 01:32:03 pm »

I'll take Strongbows, please. I'm curious what you're going to do with my username.

Dwarves, if they are anything like the dwarves of legends, should appreciate a gift of food and drink. Surely, they can't grow their own food in their mountain halls, and they need a lot of drinks for their grand feasts that only dwarven eyes will ever behold.

Edit: oh right, strongbows is a native. Nothing truly edible could grow deep underground anyway

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 02:46:05 pm »

I will gladly make myself useful by crafting amulets out of wood ! I love amulets, I'm very proud of them. I have no idea what dwarves like but everybody like those amulets. And by everybody I mean mom.

Seriously they are top tier amulets. If the dwarves don't like them I'll doll them out to the people of the village. They are a natural elf repellent.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:17:43 pm by Cathar »

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »

I suggest we craft some silver goblets. The crappy ones can be traded to the dwarves for steel.
Pages: [1] 2 3