Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lostshore - Community fort  (Read 5542 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lostshore - Community fort
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 05:31:21 pm »

Nice journal ShapedWhisper, that is an ambitious plan. Let's see if Isper can pull it off.  :)

Just something to note, only the starting seven are from across the sea, Isper and the other migrants are natives to the land of elves and dwarves.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:24 pm »

You will note that my plans litterally cannot fail

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 06:18:05 pm »

Nice journal ShapedWhisper, that is an ambitious plan. Let's see if Isper can pull it off.  :)

Just something to note, only the starting seven are from across the sea, Isper and the other migrants are natives to the land of elves and dwarves.

Argh I done goofed with the dog part!
:-[ My bad

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 12:17:31 pm »

5: Just as planned

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This tiny village is full of drama.

@Cathar "I'm so popular I have a liaison with the liaison" ahahahaha

Seriously though I really love seeing these characters in journals and drawings, it's very inspiring!

Here's Sequman's personality:

And here are the new migrants:

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »

The two men embraced each other, and kept on kissing, more intensely.

Plan B was a total success !

Also for our trade, I have an idea ! I will make cages with feather wood, and we'll capture unicorns ! And we will make a stable ! And we will sell them against steel but I'll keep one for myself to ride into the sunset when it's all over

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 03:17:39 pm »

Journal entry 2: Around very late summer of the second year we have been here, the stress of living here has been getting to me, but we’ve been having a few parties for a few nights and it’s been helping people forget how cruel the world is, matter of fact I think I saw two guys making out. And, oddly enough I think I saw one of the carpenters stare at them doing it, whether it was in shock or out of fascination I couldn’t tell. Seemed creepy to me.
Otherwise, not much else to note, I’ll wait until the trade with the dwarves occurs before making any moves to improve the outpost’s leadership.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 04:28:01 pm »

Oh, while I'm at it,  could you post the equipment of the pallissade watch? And if you have time, of the main characters? So I can draw other character than my own at time.

It may also be a good idea to start raising cattle very soon, especially if metal is sparse, so we can equip our militia with armors. Other suggestion for the industry is to cultivate rope reeds and make crafts out of cloth. This is renewable way to produce extremely valuable trade goods

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 05:03:53 pm »

Here's a quick look at the equipment of the most prominent characters.

The Palisade Watch all have the same equipment (aside from their weapons: one spear, two long swords, one mace, one hammer). I'm planning on getting them copper gauntlets and high boots too.

Justin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 05:37:16 pm »

I hope we can trade for enough steel to upgrade all of our weapons.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 08:51:49 am »

6: Opportunities

Here are the new migrants:

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 04:43:18 pm »

Could I be Humaned as Questscribed? If not then Furhand. My name could be Uselotte or the like.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 10:33:10 pm »

[You get a cookie if you get who my character sounds like]

Journal entry 3-1: It is around autumn right now not much is happening so I may document more mundane things for now, it helps with the depression, like how the feather trees have been shedding their leafy…Feathers? I think? I think I will take some of the feathers from these trees and stuff them into my pillow for the night to help my insomina, who knows? Maybe they’ll grant me pleasant dreams.

Entry 3-2 The Next Day: Currently morning and, amazing! I’ve had a wonderful sleep! Those feathers are practically magical, I wonder if I should let the others know about their comfortable nature?

Entry 3-3 The Next Day: Again, I must say that those feathers-leaves are amazing! It helps one sleep like a baby, but…I can’t help but feel…off the rest of the day, I know I’m normally depressed and have been feeling more hopeful recently but, my emotions feel somewhat.... of a blur? I suppose? Almost like a mixture of two opposing emotions blending together, I need to think for a bit.

Entry 3-4 Two Days Later: I’ve been thinking about the people around here and I can understand how they are feeling now, they have been feeling more…hopeful, and so have I, but they’re temporarily ignoring the despair around them while I still recognize it. The pain the elves have caused to our people and everything wrong with our world. I have realized that we need to become more hopeful as a people. Only strong-willed, optimistic people should be alive.

Entry 3-5 Another Two Days Later: I’ve been talking with others and I can see how they feel, the sad ones and the ones that give up easily aren’t worth having around. Our society needs to be positive and strong to overcome the despair the elves have caused PERMANENTLY without any chance of recessing back into sadness.  I’ve shared a few of my worries with Emung and said that maybe we should keep the happier people away from the more sad ones, Emung said he would sleep on it, so I then offered my pillow as token of good will. He-

[As you turn the page you find that next page to the journal is missing!]

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 03:44:42 am »

I'm going away for two weeks, so this thread will take a break.

Isper has some grandiose ideas, let's see how that turns out

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 04:05:33 pm »

7: Happiness

Here we go again!

New migrants: