Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LANDGRAB 1.0  (Read 4216 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: LANDGRAB 1.0
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2018, 05:47:46 am »

There seems to be the biggest issue that supply territories when owned by players can be defended indefinitely, and by that I mean 'everything non-supply territory is useless other than acting as a means of basing staging points for grabbing or defending, and even if you lose totally everything that is non-supply, you'll still hold all those supply territories and can do expicitly just that'.

I think this calls for a rule shift given this conundrum :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2018, 07:14:29 am »

Please don't. I'll never get out then.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2018, 03:09:43 pm »

Grabs:
Strategic Grey grabs Rosilyon, and defends Ibex, Tvenn and Krimsk
The Pink Blob grabs Vonderen and Schaben, defends Zuidendam
Skyland Blue grabs Selmy while defending Ootecht
The Red Edgeland sleeps through its demise
The Rising Sun grabs Voorjik, but also defends Vonderen and Schaben
Zimnaya Zemlya grabs Mazovki and West Pomeria, defending East Pomeria and Czarnistog
Tyrian Purple Empire grabs Ibex and Tvenn, defending Lothloringen and Gijou in the same time
Brilliant Blue grabs Schaben and East Pomeria, and defends Upnorden and Fleutzburg
Green grabs Zuidendam, meanwhile defends Picardur and Selmy

Conflicts:
Tyrian Purple Empire grabs Ibex and Tvenn, but Strategic Grey defends them both
The Pink Blob tries to grab Vonderen and Schaben, both defended by The Rising Sun
Skyland Blue attempts to grab Selmy, but is repelled by defending Green
Brilliant Blue grabs Schaben and East Pomeria, but these are defended by The Rising Sun and Zimnaya Zemlya respectively
Green grabs Zuidendam, and the attack is repelled by The Pink Blob

YEAR 3, TURN 1 (AUTUMN)

22:08 local time (10:08pm)

The turn has begun, you can now send your orders to the GM. Please label your messages correctly to lessen the hassle!

Map:

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2018, 03:10:58 pm »

It has occured to me that we will be slowly approaching a conundrum where everyone just defends ad infinitum their supply points v:

Suggest solutions pls? Restrict to 2 actions total per Player maybe? This way you have to economize your orders and talk your rivals away from grabs more. Good, bad?
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2018, 03:15:08 pm »

I screwed myself when I wasted a turn trying to grab Gijou, so I'm almsot certain I'm going to lose now. Gray has so much territory, so they are probably the ones who will win. If actions are going to be restricted to two per player, then not only would the problem remain but also there wouldn't be a need of grabbing more Supply Areas as you wouldn't gain more actions from them.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 03:35:44 pm »

I suggest a method to "overpower" a zone. Perhaps a 3/1 or 2/1 ratio?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 12:05:58 am »

It has occured to me that we will be slowly approaching a conundrum where everyone just defends ad infinitum their supply points v:

Suggest solutions pls? Restrict to 2 actions total per Player maybe? This way you have to economize your orders and talk your rivals away from grabs more. Good, bad?
I have a prominently applicable idea in mind, using the theme of 'useful non-supply territories':
> Since we have 'edge provinces' and no way to attack other than a narrow chokepoint, let non-supply territories act as some manner of supply, but in numbers, like 3 non-supply territories = 1 supply point.

Or

> If two players attack a defending territory, that territory becomes neutral as a result of a three-way clash. This wouldn't fix the edge-supply territory case though. UNLESS if you can make it that players can attack a territory twice, and the defender only defends once, then it's a case of overwhelming power that fixes pretty much those conundrums without changing any mechanics at all. Because you can...attack twice, right? :V
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]