Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Streets of Wikipedia ~ Dead on Arrival  (Read 3909 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Streets of Wikipedia ~ Dead on Arrival
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:24:47 am »

As there is no active wiki game right now, and I am on a Netflix Defenders series binge, I figured it is probably time to try this idea.

There is two ways two defeat players:
A. Kill them
B. Have them arrested

Turns take place over an in-game week. You only get one action, however you can ask each of your NPC friends or henchmen to take more actions.

I don't have a wincon in mind, so it will end when it makes sense or there is no more interest on mine or the players' parts. There may be breaks and potentially, sequals.

I am going to take some of my favorite elements from various superhero anime and fiction:

Hero Rating: In addition to any other income you make, you will be payed based on your perceived value as a hero.

Disaster Rating: Open conflicts and disasters that threaten safety will have rating for their perceived threat to the city.

Sponsorship: You can get brand sponsorship for being a big shot hero, if you are willing to wear and say what they want and look good for the camera.

Supporting Cast/Henchmen: Each week you can either improve your relationship with NPCs or gain more. Leveled up support can do big actions and many low level supports can spread your influence.

Organized Crime: Similar to hero rating, but pays better and less formal. Selling drugs, weapons, or illegal services are a good place to start.

You can get new Wikipedia articles by killing other Wikipedia Warriors, buying them on the black market, or by training.

Training: This will be a personal goal that you set for yourself. The more difficult the better the possible reward. An ability may be enhanced, or you may even get a new article.

You may spoiler your actions. You should do this if you are doing things you wouldn't want other players to know, or wish to protect your secret identity from them.

I will allow for a rotation revolving up to 10 players at any one time. You can quit your character and be put at the bottom of the que.

I will have a News thread with in-world updates to the game that ONLY I will post in. Track that topic and take a turn in the Player thread within 2 days or you may be skipped which will have no penalty.

We'll see how this goes!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:23:51 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Streets of Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:25:08 am »

<--News Thread
<--Player Thread

Game Manual

Heroic Simulation Game from roseheart

INSTRUCTIONS
FOR 1 TO 10 PLAYERS / MATURE THEMES

About: Streets of Wikipedia is a heroic take on classic Wikipedia Wars. Remember, turns now represent a whole week of game time. 1 person will be the HOST, rolling to see the outcome of turns and telling the story of what happens. The PLAYERS, will play their PC CHARACTER, setting their own goals and obsessions.

TCM played Wikipedia games with friends at school in the computer lab, this started as simple face off games pitting one article verse another. This would later evolve into what we now know as Wikipedia Wars.

Since 'Wikipedia Wars', where roseheart was both the designer of the skull puzzle logo used for that game and a player, he also worked with TCM on an ebook project that was not released, but was completely compilled. However copyright concerns haulted production. This is his first Wikipedia War game.

Progression

Seasons: Updates will be called EPISODES and the HOST will decide when it is an appropriate time to end a SEASON. Players on the wait list will not appear until the end of a season. Whom ever kills the most PC CHARACTERS will receive a Wikipedia article. If it is a tie, there will be an auction tiebraker.

Training: When you use your skills and succeed tough rolls you will get experience with that skill. When a skill levels up it gets stronger, or if it's strength is maxed you will get an Article. This one will be from a link on the original Article.

Starting Bonus:
+1 General (most situations)
+2 Moderate (many situations)
+3 Specific (few situations)

Money: Money in this game works as follows. The lowest type is 'A'. 1000 A equals 1 B. 1000 B equals 1 C and so on. Written as 999A or 999 A-Bills. Money is a pool of points that the PC CHARACTER can spend to have minions or agents or improve its' chance of success in any given action. Available money starts off at 10B for most PC CHARACTERS.

Trivial expenses will be free, for example if you have 1C, spending 999A is free.

Any spending of the next lowest bills than your current type is totaled then rounded up. Likewise any bills you earn are also totaled then rounded up.

Rolls: When rolling for an action, the HOST will choose the DIE SIZE based on how hard it is:

Size:
Trivial d3 (C, B, A)
Minor d4 (D, C, B, A)
Easy d6 (F, E, D, C, B, A)
Normal d10 (I, H, G, F, E, D, C, B, A)
Hard d20 (2×[I, H, G, F] E*, D, C, B, A)
Insane d50 (5×[I, H, G, F] E*, 2×[D, C, B, A])
Impossible d100 (10×[I, H, G, F] E*, 3×[D, C, B, A])
*Filler

Outcomes:
S: Enhanced Success "WOMBO COMBO!"
A: Major Success "Hot diggity dog!"
B: Success "All according to plan."
C: Minor Success "I can work with that."
D: Minimal Success "I guess that counts?"
E: Mixed Success "Pretty much where I was before."
F: Partial Failure "That silver lining is pretty thin."
G: Failure "I suck."
H: Terrible Failure "This will not be forgotten for a long time."
I: Horrific Failure "That's some final destination stuff right there."

Secret Actions:
Your action can be done in secret. This may be a harder roll if the task would be harder to do without revealing your identity, like going to work. To perform a secret action, put it in a spoiler. These can be viewed if your PC CHARACTER dies.

More details when available.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:48:58 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:25:45 am »

Players
1. Glass
2. TamerVirus
3. NAV
4. hotfire90
5. The_Two_Eternities
6. Detoxicated
7. 0cra_tr0per
8. Tyrant Leviathan
9. King Zultan
10. Person

Wait List:
1. Failbird105
2. crazyabe
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:11:56 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:42:44 am »

Eh, I'll join. Hit me up with some articles, eh?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 08:48:24 am »

Wiki my face up, fam
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 08:48:53 am »

In
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hotfire90

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 08:49:49 am »

In

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 10:16:11 am »

Eh, why not?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Awesome With Autism

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 11:22:08 am »

in

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 11:47:26 am »

In
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 12:03:31 pm »

Will there be subwikis?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:05:17 pm »

Because there are mechanics in place to streamline getting new articles, I am not planning to do things like pull from superhero wikis. So no.
Awesome With Autism

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 12:13:11 pm »

Will we include obscure sports players as anything more important than generic NPC civilians?
it's over

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »

Why the Hell not. Would love to superhero it up.
Pages: [1] 2 3