Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prosperity: Resource-Management City-Builder  (Read 1402 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Prosperity: Resource-Management City-Builder
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:24 pm »

After years of development, our indie incremental game is now out on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/734980/Prosperity/

You’re a war refugee. Gather the other refugees. Build a city! Fight cold & hunger & sickness & armies! Research technology. Develop an economy! Survive ≧◡≦

- Advanced tech tree
- Importance of resource-management
- Dynamic economy
- Realistic manufacturing ingredients
- Realistic flora & fauna depletion
- Unforgiving challenges like winter & war
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperity: Resource-Management City-Builder
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:25:54 pm »

Are you part of the dev team? Because a FakerFanGirl posted a review of the game on Steam.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:50:29 pm »

Yes that's me. I am trying to give as much exposure as possible because I directed all our art & music team and made the trailer  :) You can watch me playing at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solWyPres7o&list=PL22FmIq3wbUh5eaxltXkThMeqN82eJyWh&index=6 to see that I genuinely enjoy playing!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:04:34 pm by FakerFangirl »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 03:38:35 pm »

Bought your game. Keep living that indie dream.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:08 am »

Oh, so it's the new version of the prosperity game that was available online on browser ? I remember playing that one for long times. One of the best idle game i can remember. Good job on that :)

What is new since the free version ?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 05:17:58 pm »

Thanks a1s! Sorry for the embarrassingly late response Whivy! There is new tech, new buildings, new storyline, new NPCs, a complete interface redo and graphical overhaul. We have graphics! Not all are implemented just yet but we're planning to update the world map and buildings with graphics (I'm supposed to make a wiki to show off all the buildings graphics but got lazy). We added programmatic orchestral music, and a lot of code to better simulate economics, trading, crime, and manual gathering in the forest :) There is a long discussion in the #mechanics thread of our official Discord and full-disclosure: I haven't played the web-version recently but it shares most of the core features and progression curve with the Steam-version. But the Steam-version is the one that receives all new updates! And imo it looks a lot more pretty  :-*