Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anacreon: Fallen Worlds - A free browser based 4x... MMO?  (Read 5488 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anacreon: Fallen Worlds - A free browser based 4x... MMO?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 04:49:02 pm »

The black part of the map (not to be confused with the dark part of the map) is unexplored.  Larger fleets of explorers can see further, I average sending initial fleets of 100.  The circle immediately around your world is how far they can see and the second larger circle is how far you have imperial control.  You don't get to see the view distance of fleets, that you have to work out on your own.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 04:53:34 pm »

Hmm... Might want to abdictate?

Got kinda lucky with many tech 2-3 worlds within trade distance of my capital.  I think I have a general idea of what to do at this point, maybe.

Tip: Designate captured tech 1-4 worlds ASAP, anything is fine.  They won't ever tech up while their designation is automation. 
They'll tech up to 5, unlocking a buncha specializations.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »

a fleet of 300 didn't appear to uncover any more of the map than the fleet of 100.

https://imgur.com/a/lQCg2GC

I've also found it doesn't seem to run well under firefox. chrome is ok.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »

I know where you are now, abdicate.  You are stuck in dark nebula, and the sensor damping effect of it will hurt you way past the point you can advance where you are.

It's an ok defense location.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 03:01:07 pm »

I tried it.

The economy mechanics are different enough that they were fun to see, but there's no change once you have your planets conquered and your trade routes setup, and most of the challenge in optimization is from an out-dated UI making it harder to see where problems are, and its own stupidity with ignoring resource stockpiles when deciding how to import resources. Also, the early scouting the map is annoying.

Boring from builder/explorer perspectives.

There aren't that many combat options, so Diplomancy magics seem to be the main point of the game, but the in-game messaging is terrible. It pops up a note by your capital from them on the main map, and then there's no message log after you close it.

I'm kinda amused by the attrition though, making it impossibly to just sit in a corner building up a deathball over months.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 05:32:29 pm »

Huh, never expected Bay12 would discover this hidden gem.

I'm Emdief in-game, located in the east. Hurry over now to see me collapse over the next few days, as I've recently had my entire fleet destroyed by a rival player!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 03:20:59 am »

Looks like an amusing game to start with. One thing - I attacked a player-owned planet with next to no defenses (~100 infantry brigades in total), now I'm stuck in a siege and I'm told that I can't break through the defenses, and I need to land 7.5k(!) infantry brigades to break through. is there any way to break off the siege and get my transports and infantry back, or should I just shrug and write them off?

edit

The game answered my question for me, eventually - you're given a few turns to reinforce a siege to complete it, and if you can't do so, it'll spit your transports and units back up into orbit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:33:23 am by Hanzoku »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 02:20:22 am »

Looks fun enough. Time for some SpaceStory memes. My empire will be named Ti'Yuhan Tribe.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:22:58 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:05 am »

What is trillium used for? Another question: The tech level of one of my planets is going down. How to fix that?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:36:58 am by KittyTac »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 04:29:58 am »

What is trillium used for?
Everything, you'll need a lot.  Nearly as much as consumer goods.
The tech level of one of my planets is going down. How to fix that?
Designate it, connect a foundation world to it, or build tech projects on it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 05:17:20 am »

Where do the messages by other people appear?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:59:12 am by KittyTac »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 10:38:37 am »

Messages at your capital. 
Trillium is the glue that keeps your empire together.  Primarily used in basic goods and luxury.  If there are shortfalls, planets can make their own trillium.  But... it is usually very inefficient.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 05:58:52 pm »

STATE OF THE GALAXY: July 10th

Or at least, the state of the galaxy that bothers to talk to me, and that I care about. On to the news.

The war between the Emdief Integration, self-proclaimed hegemon of the western sector, and the perfidious B (alias Whaleduck) has concluded. Casualties include the entirety of the Emdief fleet (it got better, this was two days ago) the entirety of B's jumpfleet, the majority of B's gunships and the entirety of B's infantry (due to a bug, unfortunately - for the immediate future, don't use armored infantry to besiege empire worlds). B agreed to pay reparations in the form of capital ships (using Terminus), and the Integration has agreed to demilitarize its southern border. However, a devastating psychological blow was achieved against the Integration after the cease fire, when envoys of the Whales brought it to the Integration's attention that their current borders resemble a chicken;

Warfare broke out between the forces of the Imperium, the rapidly-expanding superpower of the east, and its smaller neighbour Hegemony. This interrupted the Imperium's invasion of the Scavengers, the massive (but seemingly paralyzed by government gridlock) state that had previously been presumed to be the most powerful state in known space. The Imperium has already caused three neighbouring empires to collapse; one can only hope that the Hegemony does not become the fourth.

B, following its aborted invasion of the Integration, next made war on the forces of the Great Frog. However, despite being half the size of B and completely outclassed in terms of naval assets, Great Frog managed to repulse the invasion through careful guerilla tactics, heavy use of infantry and the reappearance of the bug that crushed B's army in the north. The Whales have declared that their interests in that region are 'fucking done'; they have subsequently invaded an attempt by Bozonation to colonize the region around B's northern sector, declaring that the mysterious clown-state must 'get off my lawn'.

The Aturi Collective was invaded by the Antares Coalition this cycle. Mirth was to be had when it was discovered that both sides were receiving massive quantities of starships from the perfidious whales of B, who appears to be waging a proxy war against its own proxies for reasons that, though the remain unclear, deserve the support of all civilized despots.

The Integration, in a shocking turn of events, is threatening to enter the war between the Whales and Bozonation on the side of its former enemy, apparently feeling threatened by Bozonation's aggressive expansion this past cycle. The hegemon of the central region, Thumohur Wuchaiju, has yet to enter the fray on either side, or formally acknowledge, well, any recent events.

All other powers are puny (or have failed to make other nations miserable enough to warrant mentioning) and must tremble in fear as much is appropriate to their locale.

This has been STATE OF THE GALAXY, brought to you by the Emdief Integration's Ministry of Truth. More information can be found in the discord.

EDIT: I'd like to issue a correction: Imperium was never at war with Hegemony, I got peoples discord usernames mixed up. Imperium remains at war with Scavengers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:38:51 am by MDFification »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 09:42:18 pm »

Attempting to make an alliance with somebody.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 10:08:24 pm »

Disregard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3