Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Retirement Plan  (Read 25135 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - First Loss. We Also need a motto.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:36 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 09:32:21 pm »

Man I could equip the entire fortress in exceptional/masterwork bone armor if I felt like it with the amount of large animals (living and not) I've killed with the militia and having two legendary bonecarvers. Don't have bone swords or spears though, didn't think of that. And I wish I had noticed that, she'd be perfect for making steel gear while urist handles the rest. But consider it done. We have more diorite and dolomite than we know what to do with anyway.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 09:49:02 pm »

If you need her to, then get her to throw together some steel armour.  Also, in her bedroom, if she has her own room, set up a bars stockpile which only accepts steel, 1x1 and no bins.  She should get some good vibes whenever she goes to her room and sees some steel.  Later, I'll get you to make something out of steel to install in her room instead, but for now, steel might be too precious to waste on ludicrous furniture requests.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 10:01:14 pm »

Aha, Ilral Claspbow. *searches for name & administrator*

Well, no wonder I couldn't find them, they have been only mentioned as a profession on immigration.

Gut abd nussm U gyess,  - I mean, Hit and miss I guess.

Stats are crap, wants to be both a scholar and a warrior...Wonder if I can combine them?

||

Yes, sorta. Sorta I can XD

You could build a "ladder" entrance consisting of pair of doors in a ladder-sort of way. Then when you get someone with an artifact scepter, you can lock and seal them in while still keeping fort open for everyone else.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 10:16:52 pm »

@ Kaos - Right now it is, and not using her armoring talents would be a waste, but having an additional mechanic (one's a soldier and the other will get swamped if I ever need tons of mechs for something,) is always good. But once Vucar has a suit of armor (he's tied for best soldier with Nidor and has the most kills by far, on top of his rank in the militia,) then I'd be happy to have someone pick up blacksmithing to make her a full suite of steel furnishings over time.

Which would be easier if the damned caravan wasn't insisting on bringing all the inconsequential shit made of steel with almost prohibitively expensive decorations on them, further exacerbated by Nish's earring hoarding....

@ Frames: I hadn't actually checked his stats or dreams. Would you like to join the militia? If so, sword and board or two-hander? I can arrange for him to have full bismuth bronze gear eventually. He's at least a baseline dwarf apart from being quick to tire, and being flimsy and lacking in willpower is only really a deficit if he actually gets hurt. In all other areas, he's as average as a dwarf can get- Average strength, agility, and so on, and not particularly resistant or susceptible to stress - which makes him an acceptable recruit if you want to enlist.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 05:49:26 am »

"Is susceptible to disease"... Yep, that's me.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:51 am »

Ooooooh. This seems cool. Dorf me as a military peep with a war hammer. Don't care what sex. WE MUST PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

I do suggest making 'medals' by decorating various objects of a dwarf's armor and clothing with details of what they did.

Although for monk-man (monk-dorf?) I say you cover his stuff in decorations of the gods as holy symbols against the undead and such. (Do it to mine and any other 'Combat Clergy' too!)
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 03:52:19 pm »

Got a particular name in mind? I happen to have a hammerdwarf available I hadn't mentioned the name of. As far as the medals and such, may only be able to imply it, since soldiers won't give up the armor they wear unless it was manually assigned.

EDIT: Update will hold until species is able to name thier dwarf, and I get a vote: We have four artifacts walked onto fortress grounds by a troupe of mercenaries, and they aren't exactly well armed (most dangerous things they have are a greathammer and a crossbow.) It's a mixed force of dwarves and humans with a goblin. Do we attack once they enter the fortress and claim these items as our own?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 06:11:41 pm »

Well what's the full force of the military that we have?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 06:26:37 pm »

Well what's the full force of the military that we have?

We currently have 9 dwarves, all armed with actual weaponry, and a mixture of bronze, copper, iron, and steel armor, though not everyone has good leg armor (Maskwolf has copper chain leggings for example,) and Vucar has most of the steel sitting to be allocated to him once a full suit is ready. However, Maskwolf is currently laid up due to an elephant breaking his knee with a joint lock.

The artifact hunters comprise a mixture of dwarves, humans, and a goblin. The dwarves have similarly patchwork armor, but some of it is Steel and so functionally impervious to a good bit of our weapons. The humans are equipped partially with wooden armor as well. The goblin is unarmed or unarmored and so presumably a wrestler or the leader. Weapons consist of a steel crossbow with iron bolts, silver greathammer, a few copper or bronze shepherd crooks, a copper nailrope, a copper sapper's e-tool, a steel scythe (which is one of the artifacts,) and a wooden spear, as well as two scepters and a mug being wielded as weapons by two fo the artifact hutners.

EDIT: Basically numbers are evenly matched, and while mostly better armed, they have some better armored dudes. However, we could also tip the scales and pasture the dogs and horses in the tavern with the militia and lock the doors if you guys think we should take this stuff.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »

Hmmm, i'm a bit iffy on it, but i think we can take them if we do it cautiously. So, i vote a cautionary yes.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 07:45:42 pm »

Everyone besides Maskwolf McBrokenKnee is in position. The tavern is sealed. Anyone within is now a belligerent party.

Wish us luck.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 08:06:43 pm »

If the battle goes well, I would like the great-hammer for study purposes.....and that artefact steel scythe is obviously a holy object, it should be installed in the temple so it can be worshipped as befits a weapon fingered ... oops no, touched by the gods.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 09:19:06 pm »

Battle was successful, though we now have a bunch of traumatized civilians due to being in the tavern. Also had to rekill two of them when they reanimated. All artifacts are being moved deeper in where they can be kept safe while a museum is built.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:31 pm »

Call him/her Speciesunkn0wn. :P
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10