Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Retirement Plan  (Read 25156 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Bad Hunters. We Also need a motto.
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2018, 02:16:49 am »

Guys I got an idea. Should we send Inod on a de facto suicide mission to try and rile up the elves? Or would that seem too cruel and heartless?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2018, 02:33:02 am »

That was what i was suggesting actually, when i suggested putting him on the militia. It's a good idea, but it could also send his wife and any friends he has into more negative moodlets, which could wind up with us having multiple Inods.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2018, 03:03:09 am »

Believe it or not, despite seeing corpses, being attacked by zombie owls, the long initial period without temples or a library, the booze shortages, being attacked by zombie humanoids, and bedroom shortages, everyone else is at 1.5k or less (and that's only due to having to be on burial detail or from the zombie tavern incident I think,) with many having several thousand negative stress.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2018, 04:49:03 am »

I believe you have done everything possible to try to cure him, but it sounds like he is one of those dorfs where everything has come together in such a way that nothing you do will help.
     Maybe some good will come from sending him off on a 'working holiday' to an isolated Elven Retreat on the other side of the forest.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2018, 05:34:41 am »

If he'd just stop thinking about his dead nephew - I mean really? Your nephew? if it was his son I'd understand, but most people would tell you to get the fuck over your nephew dying once you start punching people over it -  he'd recover fine. Two years of robberies means I got some kit I can give him to hopefully blend in, if only for an RP reason.

Into elf country he goes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2018, 02:55:09 am »

Good news gents, we're now at war.

EDIT: And without Inod dying despite cocking up one raid and openly assaulting another! he's even beginning a rapid recovery out of nowhere, I'm also deactivating all hunting labors and placing Multi and the hunters in the militia. Multi, it should be noted, is now a legendary marksdwarf (one of two now,) and one of three elite marksdwarves. His men will likely be extremely deadly when the first engagements begin.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2018, 04:47:57 am »

So ... you're saying we discovered an in-game cure for grief?  Send the grieving on a raid and slaughter some elves.  Or would you say coming back onto site reset his emotions/thoughts?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2018, 05:31:12 am »

Oh cool, nice to know that i'll actually be useful when engagements begin. Here's hoping i don't get oneshotted via bite when the first engagement happens (as that seems to be a theme for the dwarves i grow attached to in my own forts)
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2018, 08:10:57 am »

So ... you're saying we discovered an in-game cure for grief?  Send the grieving on a raid and slaughter some elves.  Or would you say coming back onto site reset his emotions/thoughts?

I think it's more that apparently the act of equipping various nice things for military service provided him with tons of positive thoughts (as everything he wears now is above standard quality,) that absolutely overwhelmed his shock thought.

Oh cool, nice to know that i'll actually be useful when engagements begin. Here's hoping i don't get oneshotted via bite when the first engagement happens (as that seems to be a theme for the dwarves i grow attached to in my own forts)

Well i had to take him off hunting anyway. No time with family, no merrymaking, and no bedroom thoughts were taking their toll. I just gotta build a barracks for him and his squad to train at.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2018, 12:04:21 pm »

Seems he's taken joy in slaughter recently today!

And lots of nice, shiny uniforms probably helped
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2018, 04:54:58 pm »

It very much did, and it seems he's finally accepted his nephew's death, so now it's just a matter of hoping he doesn't see anyone's dead body, because Frames is currently being beaten to death with a shovel by an enraged - and fully equipped - Militia Prospective who failed a mood due to a critical yarn shortage.

EDIT: And the militia was absolutely useless (one decided she needed a new boot before protecting people from the crazy shovel dwarf, Multi was asleep, nobody else nearby was armed besides Meng and she ran away.) An angry mob coming out of the eating hall and temple beat the offending nutter to death.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2018, 03:47:11 pm »

Spoiler: Spoilered for size. (click to show/hide)

Figured to tide you guys over, I'd post this. We have an elf named Duto Flaxensqueezed, who apparently grew up in The Confederacy of Reason, one of the two human civs duking it out with The Pelt of Iron and The Jungle of Dangling, who is a highly unusual elf, for the following reasons.

A. Doesn't care about nature
(unusual)
B. Worships a human god of the sun
(also unusual)
and C. Wants to rule the world.
(most unorthodox for an elf.)

The above rough image was inspired solely by these three facets, and I intend to make her a Sergeant when she applies for citizenship. Why? Because clearly if she's going to rule the world she has to kill everyone who can live long enough to plot against her - that is to say, any other elf that doesn't bend the knee or cast aside their silly worship of trees. And what better tools to kill potential competition with than dwarven steel and dwarven soldiers?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2018, 04:58:33 pm »

Elves can apply for citizenship? I didn't know that. I take it it's possible for other races to do so as well? I haven't played DF in quite a long while so this is kinda new to me.

Either way, that's looking pretty dope, nice job! This Elf sounds like all other Elfs should look to them for guidance.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2018, 06:04:18 pm »

Elves can apply for citizenship? I didn't know that. I take it it's possible for other races to do so as well? I haven't played DF in quite a long while so this is kinda new to me.

Either way, that's looking pretty dope, nice job! This Elf sounds like all other Elfs should look to them for guidance.

Yep! Multi-race forts are now a thing via the new petition system. Rescued prisoners and bards will apply after a couple years of long-term residency/sanctuary, allowing them to lead squads and stuff. Mercenaries sadly don't, but far as I can tell they'll stick by thier sergeants to the end. Should you have such citizens who manage to get hitched, you could feasibly end up with home grown populations fo elves or humans who are firmly dwarves in outlook.

In fact, we currently have two human citizens now. Will be posting an update tomorrow most likely.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:23 pm »

A bump to inform you guys that next update is gonna feature one hell of a fight. Also I learned that elves from different civs don't like competing over enemies. Two squads from two civs came to blows when one stabbed the other's squad leader in the neck with a sharpened pole. Three were dead before the militia got to murder any of them. Our war herd also sold their lives dearly to buy time for the militia to arrive and stop a massive pile of elves, bears, and whatnot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10