Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Retirement Plan  (Read 25126 times)

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Mountainhome. Join the Dwarven Infantry!
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2018, 09:09:02 pm »

Aha! A new Splint fort! Wonderful.
I haven’t been active on here for awhile. I just joined the Marine Corps so most of the past few months have been spent with absolutely no technology whatsoever. Glad I could get back in time to get in on this relatively early.

I’d like to claim one of the warrior bards. Name them Jolly.
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Mountainhome. Join the Dwarven Infantry!
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:19 pm »

Spring moved quietly for the people of Battlejudge. The king took well to a steel great axe, recommended to him by Kaos, the resident steel expert, while he donned bronze armor made by both her and Urist.

"It's fine armor!" he said with a smile as he fastened Urist's finest creation to his hand. "Very fine indeed."

He had ordered since arriving a month ago, regular bolt production, already handled by the craftsmen ceaselessly churning out wooden bolts for Multi's team to train with, while Tobul, the fort's longtime tavern performer by trade (and one of the few from the homeland,) had darted off, speaking in old dwarven and building a hatch cover of gypsum before the season was out.

In the area of art, the king's chamber was also swarmed by engravers eager to do some real work, with Autz and Onol creating several masterful depictions of battles between humans and elves or the founding of the fortress. He seemed pleased, especially when several items were moved into his chambers from the museum (which as a side benefit, rendered these items slightly more secure.) But there was an odd report from a hunter who was on watch duty: A dwarf shambling about, one he didn't recognize.

Maskwolf was dispatched to investigate, due to his skill and weapon. "Pound that poor sod into a pile of slop. Don't need an undead dwarf running around." The Colonel had said.

"Should I check his pockets afterwards?" Maskwolf said jokingly upon being given the order. He fastened his masked helm on and went for the door out of the tavern.

"Couldn't hurt, he might have some good stuff." Vucar called out to him. And indeed the dwarf ha.d Maskwolf returned with four artifacts as well as news of having killed a zombie dwarf and two zombie marmots - An armorstand made of solid black zircon (somehow,) a crossbow, a scepter, and a book.

Asob stormed up to a hap-hazard assemblage of soldiers, not all equipped fully by the looks of them. "Where the hell is the Colonel? And Reg?"

"Bed." Gisep said, drawing her sword. Asob huffed and looked around.

"And Maskwolf?"

"Library I think." Inod answered. "He might not even know we're on alert for something serious."

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" She rubbed the bridge of her nose, clearly aggravated. "Never fuckin' fails, the bad guys always show up when the best killers are taking a damned nap..."

"Except Reg. She's not really all that great." Someone said.

"Doesn't matter. I'm acting commander. inod, you're my second. Anyoen know what we're up against?"

"Standard fare." Imimi said, readying his flail. "War beasts and some riders."

"The gods saw fit to bless us with give-away tallies!" Nidor added. "They appear to be nothing but untrained rabble, from what Onol said."

Asob grunted and ordered the milita forwards. Even if some lacked weapons or had too much gear (specifically Species, who already had a hard enough time of using a sledgehammer with both hands, nevermind one with a buckler.) In less than five minutes, battle was joined, and half a dozen elves were dead, as were their mounts, and Noloc, a recent addition was left minus several teeth, courtesy of a horse-elf who kicked him in the face. Soon the fight had devolved into more of a disorganized rout as the militia chased down the scattered and panicked elf riders.

Some were thrown from their unicorns which ran about in a panic, while those with horses were swiftly ground up by the engine of dwarven (and some human) might. In the end, Zas was seen standing atop the southern hill bellowing all would fear  "The Admired Light of Salves," while several stragglers could be heard screaming about fleeing "The Mechanical Shove of Howls" as the sight of Asob.

Only a single elf on a unicorn at a full gallop escaped into Amas' domain.

He would likely not survive to return home.

The only wounds were Noloc's injured jaw, several teeth scattered about, and Dastot, who was less "injured" and more "absolutely horrified." The rest of his squad found him by the road mumbling about Species "usin' the elf's head like a golf ball" and it "popping like a rotten muskmelon." The sun-induced nausea didn't help. Nor did the sight of a bard trying to start a fist fight with Multi, who after the second punch in the chest he threatened to shoot, which given his past displays of marksmanship would be virtually guaranteed to be lethal.

The bard was hauled away by one of the Judges after he passed out in a massive - and growing - puddle of vomit. And died soon after, not to the drink, but to the Judge, who beat the bard senseless and left him gasping on the floor after throwing him into the floor with an arm lock. When Nish asked, two others said that Fikod, the bard in question, had said something to the effect of "FACK OV YA DAMNED PEG" and tried to hit Judge Ber with a stone mug.

Summer passed without further incident, and the palisade was raised. Soon there would only be two ways into the fortress, and the days of elf cavalry being free to rampage unchecked into the fortress would be over. Autumn however, would be significantly less quiet.

Asob raised the alarm and quickly readied herself. "Come and get me treefuckers! I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DEATH!" She shouted as she charged the elves. A barrage of arrows flew comically off in the wrong directions, with only one needing any real effort to avoid on Asob's part. A flurry of dodges and exchanged blows later left two elves paralyzed and a horse unable to stand, while Ryukan charged in from behind, slamming her greatsword like a club into a spearelf's leg, snapping it like the pine his greaves were made of.

Vucar wasn't far behind, bellowing a war cry in old dwarven as he went, getting to see Asob leap from a stump and a large boulder to bring her flail down like a meteor into a swordelf's head, causing it to faceplant into the back of the elf's startled elephant and slump off its saddle. The battle raged from there, with someone yelling Maskwolf was coming with Morul and Fath as well as they retreated into the fortress. In but a few swift, hard movements though, the elves' mounts were becoming unruly, and some even trying to force their mounts onwards only for the beasts to flee.

But Asob was still alone, surrounded by enemies and over-exerted. An Elf managed to punch her once, causing her helmet to dig into her neck slightly, and another blow from the same elf injured her knee, not that it mattered as she couldn't stand fully anyway due to mounting fatigue. However, when the elf (now confident she couldn't chase him,) tried to flee, all he heard was "OH NO YA DON'T!" and felt the impact of a metal ball with his thigh from behind.

But that was Asob's final action, as she faceplanted thereafter, and there was nobody to stop the elephant - one of the few not panicking - and the elf riding it from stomping her into paste, as Maskwolf, Morul, and Fath were trying to keep two elephants and their riders from getting through the palisade gate, and Ryukan and Vucar hadn't finished the last rider and elephant they were faced with. As it fell, Vucar wrenched his sword out of the beast's head and looked up to check on her.

"KILL THAT FUCKING ELEPHANT!" Be bellowed in a rage and charged the elves. Ryukan followed close behind as an elephant by the gate breathed its last thanks to a hammer blow from Morul. The trio heard the colonel yelling "WE WILL HAVE REVENGE!" over the general din of panicked beasts. Meanwhile, one of the royal guards, the still-untrained Sazir, had herded a group of unicorn riders towards the southern gate, where Multi, Onget, and Mafol took up positions and shot a unicorn out from under an elf, who galloped out of cover and shot at them - only to find his mount disabled as a steel bolt from Multi and a silver one from Mafol hit the front and back right leg respectively.

The elf fired a shot at Multi, but to his surprise as he looked up at the inbound arrow, a dwarf's form suddenly blocked his vision: Lokum, with one of the Judges, was barreling towards the elves, and caught the arrow with her mail shirt. He took the opportunity to send another steel bolt sailing over them into the unicorn's head, sending it tumbling down the hill. An angry mob consisting of Lokum, Ber, Dredd himself, and Catten the Fisherdwarf quickly formed and beat the elf (and resultant zombie,) to death.

The last thing of note from the chaotic battle was Kivish the farmer, who had managed to disable a saddled up unicorn despite a puncture in his side. Fath found him, and after dispatching the unicorn before it regained consciousness and finished the unarmed farmer off, helped him to his feet. "So." She said, sheathing her sword. "Looking for a change in jobs?"

"Two wounded dogs, cross them out, no caretakers..." The head physician said as he went through the list.

"Kivish, Farmer." he hummed as he looked the irritated and visibly pained dwarf over. "Fractured right false ribs, puncture wound... Stitches, dressing, possible traction."

"Catten, Fisher. Neck, cut from arrow. head, two cuts, arrow. Ankle, broken. Probably a kick.... Set bones, crutch. Stitches and dressing too." He continued on. "Dredd, Judge. Head cut, arrow. Stitches and dressing."

He sighed and shook his head. Drunkeness and bravado caused by elite soldiers being at hand. "Rofa, poet. Head, neck, upper body, and left leg, caused by wrestling an undead elf. Stitches, possible reset for the ankle. Crutch and dressing." He sighed when he looked at Ber. "Ber, Judge. Kicked by elf. Ankle broken. Set bone, needs a crutch."

When the autumn caravans came, most of the remains had already been cleaned up, and the caravaneers marveled at the palisade and new stonework that had risen since last year. Trade wen smoothly, the usual exchange of bone and pottery baubles and the scant metal crafts for drink and metal. The king regularly mandated the production of bolts, his love for the item leading to a regular standing order for bolts instead of the periodic orders for them from the mayor's office.

A dormitory was ordered to be built, and Kivish enlisted with the militia to replace Asob (who now had a monument witht eh trusk of her killer by the main gate, apparently to "Prove to her she was avenged." This lead to many to believe Vucar was becoming a touch superstitious. There was also midwinter's uproar in the form of a kea attack which left two dwarves covered in cuts and scratches save for two in the incident - Sergeant Multi, who made number of displays of marksmanship, mostly in the form of killing every undead kea with two bolts save for two, which he took down with a single bolt each, decapitating both.

There was also Rith the planter, who found herself in the King's guard along with a human who had gained citzenship after rescuing on of Kaos' children, Shem, from an undead eagle two weeks after helping slay the keas. Duto as a result felt the need to prove she could face the undead as well and struck down a zombie owl, wolverine, and kingsnake within a few days, and added an armadillo in for good measure, and actually complained about a lack of ice wolf zombies.

There was also an expansion of housing as well, as weather anyone wanted to admit it or not, the fortress now had a massive underclass of musicians and performers. One of whom died of old age, and left four dwarves and a human hospitalized, with many people involved having several teeth knocked out by the old dwarf's corpse, which was laid back to rest by a treasure hunter visitng the temple, who crushed his head with her sledgehammer. Sadly, Tun Wiltedgem, one of the wounded, died en route to the hospital, as did one of the dogs in the temple at the time.

When spring came around at least, many were more at ease with several squads activating for yearly training, with the passing of the year being celebrated wioth an artifact.

OKAY! So, update's late. My bad on that guys.

So we have so far killed nearly 200 elves and war animals. Which frankly is less than I was hoping for by now, but the civ screen seems to indicate massive offensives against the elves everywhere north of us, and it looks like two mountainhalls have fallen, likely to some kind of megabeast. We have a ton of artifacts now, the militia's expanded to three full melee squads, Multi's full ranger squad, and two half squads (the Judges and the Royal Guard.)

Major construction is more or less complete and came out looking wonky, but kinda nice, since the fortress is predominantly made of dolomite (and gypsum/diorite, but we don't talk about those stones.) As such, with the completion of the palisade, made from  a myriad of different wood types, and all nobles are nice and housed adequately. I've also ordered all donkeys to be slaughtered to get rid of them, and built a dorm and slum housing

Raids have stopped because I found out that sending units on raids disowns their quarters, which is irritating, cause it seemed like the best way to agitate the elves into attacking us, though given all the attacks apparently going on against them, they may just have too many fires to put out to worry about us, apart from that last attack which claimed the venerable warrior Asob, who to her credit still managed to take down several elves and animals and held off elephant cavalry while reinforcements made their way to her. Had it been anyone else, the attack would have been much bloodier for our side.

Overall though I'm now in the tedium state of the fortress, having nothing better to do and nothing on hand to press forward a story, since the objective was met - getting our civ involved tipped things massively against the elves.

However, I do need to ask you guys how you feel about the fort.

Personally I'm getting annoyed with it because of some design choices I flubbed on (I have found I love columns and it's too late to redesign the fort around a nice fancy main hallway,) as well as issues with equipping the military and launching raids, in addition to my rubberstamp practically leaving me inundated with people I have little to no use for and too numerous to screen for military service unless one does something particularly brave and amazing. Basically avoidable mistakes in hindight, but you know what they say about that.

Additionally, Meph's asked me to run a fort to showcase his tileset mod, and I have an excuse to employ my prehistoric critter pack, as well as test a few other things, and employ ZM5's What Lurks Below and Lands of Duality mods, settling in a savage good biome most likely.

So, do you guys want me to continue on and try to improvize something for a story from here? Would you guys like to open this up to a succession mode? Would someone else want to take over the fort in general? Retire it with the goal being fulfilled more or less?

Aha! A new Splint fort! Wonderful.
I haven’t been active on here for awhile. I just joined the Marine Corps so most of the past few months have been spent with absolutely no technology whatsoever. Glad I could get back in time to get in on this relatively early.

I’d like to claim one of the warrior bards. Name them Jolly.

You're a braver man than I. A mixture of cowardice and an unwillingness to part with my private shower kept me from enlisting.

Timing's awful for here though, depending on how opinion goes.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - Asob's End. Join the Dwarven Infantry!
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2018, 01:37:13 am »

First consideration, Splint - if you're not feeling it, don't force yourself.  That's not fun.

There have been some great moments here and you should feel like you accomplished something worthwhile, starting a war with the two hereditary enemies of dorf-kin - elves and elephants.

So … if you feel it's time to move on and tackle a new challenge, I'll take the next available mechanic/weaponsmith.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2018, 01:41:11 am »

Honestly, I'm up for whatever you decide to do Splint. Doing a new one with ZM5's mods and Meph's tileset could be a real unique thing (especially with how disturbing a majority of those creatures are in the duality mod) and I think you should go for it if you really want to do it. Feel free to improve an Ending for this or just retire it altogether really, up to you.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2018, 02:08:38 am »

@ Kaos - The elephants were more of an unintended consequence of having to fight them (I think I actually drove them locally extinct in the wild,) so dwarves wouldn't get themselves killed wrangling the horses.

Most of the issues are in fort aesthetic and quarters getting disowned when sending out raiders, so in the future I'll have to have a dedicated raiding team sleep in thier barracks.

@ Unknown - The only downside is most of ZM5's stuff, if not all of it, will stick out like a sore thumb, as will many of my prehistoric critters since they lack graphics. I'd also like to say your dwarf in this particular fort has been, without a doubt, the single most useful marksdwarf I've ever had. Consistent headshots since his first battle, even if the elephants were too big to kill with bolts to the head.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2018, 02:24:47 am »

Also, didn't mention this, but I use Meph's obsolete font when I play DF, so I will be looking forward to seeing what the new font looks like.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2018, 03:11:48 pm »

Well if that's the case from the whole two people who were able to be active at all, I suppose the final question is do we want to include the Terrible Weapons mod (it's where Species got his sledgehammer and where the brushhooks come from.)

I'm going to go ahead and make preparations and retire this fortress unless someone wants to take it over. Will have a save up soon enough.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2018, 10:34:59 am »

Look forward to the desperate attempts of dwarves trying to survive an absolute circus-fest of weapons assailing them in various species hands. Forget Strike the Earth, Strike them where it Hurts!

Too bad the Dinos lack graphics- I'd like to see a dwarven take on Jurrasic Park, especially since for once the dwarves would have to top covering the world with magma since that is... basically the plot of the last Jurrasic World movie.

Also: I wanna see Raptor-Demons and Tyrannosaurus Rex-Demons XD
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2018, 12:51:52 am »

Is that a LCS reference at the very beginning?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:21:21 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2018, 02:23:07 am »

Not sure what you mean. I was just never able to come up with a good tagline/motto.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2018, 03:44:11 pm »

We need a motto.

The default LCS slogan is "We need a slogan!"

(LCS is Liberal Crime Squad, a game made by Bay 12 Games before the Dwarf Fortress era.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:21:28 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2018, 03:48:34 pm »

Oh, gawd, no wonder I didn't notice that. Last time I played that was.... Fuck, back in 2014 I think? At least, anyway.

Considering another update amid all manner of nonsense I've been doing preparing for the semi-showcase Meph asked me to do. Anyone want in on it now? Just need a single-work name that can be whatever you want (embark crew is full up with NPCs.)

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2018, 12:01:01 pm »

Forget Strike the Earth, Strike them where it Hurts!

there's your Tagline right there.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - AMAS IS WATCHING.
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2019, 07:26:13 am »

Okay boys and girls, we return. Now, due to a little fuck up with my computer, I'm flying blind and probably lost several events and screenshots with my old .txt file and such. But that will not perturb me. How is our sociopathic elven sweetie take over the world otherwise?

Mid-Spring, 544

Spring. A time of war, generally. The elves often preferred to launch their raids this time of year. The winter before, rumors arrived of the Innocent Unions and their enemies in the elven nations of The Jungles of Dangling and The Whimsical Sparkle had ramped up their war efforts, and raids and assaults were painfully commonplace now. From time the time a column of smoke could be seen from the highest point of the mountains the dwarves dared venture, signaling the truth of this.

Unicorn soap and jewelery fashioned from bones of these creatures, as well as elephants and bears, were commonplace and marvelously made, and the militia trained ceaselessly for war.

Id, an engraver, set about on her life's conquest with the guidance of unknown forces. More and more some blamed Amas and his baleful gaze cast from the mountain. With Gypsum, gold opals, and armadillo leather, she began in earnest.

Many in the militia meditated on war at Nidor's insistence, and Vucar had begun preaching about Amas. What brought this about was anyone's guess, but he kept proclaiming that every battle would see Amas watching, and if he deemed the dwarves unworthy, he would snatch some of the militia away in the cruel beak of death. But Id would not be one such unlucky dwarf, as several days later she emerged and held aloft her greatest work!

Plans were also drawn up, mainly to honor the dead and the conquest of Battlejudge -and dwarfkind as a whole - over nature. A 12 story dolomite tower surrounding the feather tree above the entrance of the tombs, with a glass dome at the apex affixed by a shining silver base. Construction began, as the tombs below were expanded and smoothed to account for a now large elderly human minority (though several of the oldest, near 100 years, were moving as if they were much sprier than they had any right to be.)

Early Summer, 544

The first floor was finished by Hematite, or rather, nearly was. For in Hematite, Species raised an alarm. A horde of dismounted elven warriors accompanied by at least one apparently unridden bear, and likely more.

"You dare to cage even the trees, you butcher!?" The lead elf yelled as she charged the dwarf, a barrage of arrows sailing over her head.

"I"m a metalcrafter you blind little tart!" He said amid the arrows that he effortlessly ducked and dodged. "But I don't just beat metal with my hammers!"

He brought his sledgehammer, slung on his back with a leather strap forward with a click of a silver clasp, and smashed her foot in retaliation as he surged forward. He quickly disabled two, but was quickly forced back and knocked into a pond, though amid that constant attacks, this proved a blessing in disguise - he was one of only a tiny handful of dwarves who knew how to swim in the entire fortress, and being thrown in allowed him a small break from the horde's direct assault.

Gisep, Fath, and Iki stormed up from the tombs, with Zas and Maskwolf some distance away, but still close enough to reinforce. While Species had claimed first blood in breaking the elf's foot and snapping another's neck, Gisep claimed the first kill when she cleaved an elf archer's head form his shoulders.  She and fath proceeded to brutalize an elf spearman, with Gisep climing the next kill, and as a third, and then fourth and mroe began to stream in through the last opening in the tower base, she smashed her shield apart on an elf's chest.

Fath took her head in retaliation for daring to break a dwarven masterwork. The growing number of human and dwarven soldiers soon piled out, with Reg the axedwarf and Fath fighting shoulder to shoulder while Species flopped and floundered about like an angry fish dodging and parrying arrows shot into his pond and Gisep flanked, pulling one of the apparent enemy commanders from her bear and slaying her and the beast in short order. Swords and axes bit into the elven host, and in less than five minutes, 8 of the intruders were dead, and Gisep and Fath were soon buried under elven warriors - Fath and Reg getting separated in the chaos, and Maskwolf waded into the elves while they tried to pile onto Fath.

And then, tragedy. The sheer numbers of elves coupled with the loss of her shield left her open for a bear to clamp down on her arm. And soon, more beasts from the woodlands and a dozen elves killed the old human, though she took five elves with her.

Around this time Nidor had apparently arrived to the north of the tower, and began chopping down a squad of elves by his lonesome, which soon escalated to battling bears and horses alone an with little difficulty. Vucar passed him before the animals attacked, and with shrieks of horror among the elves of "The Mountain Pine," he torn into their rear while more reinforcements arrived from the build crew to the west. Fath meanwhile suffered a broken hand, and was forced to wield her buckler like a crude weapon, shattering ribs, twisting limbs until they broke, and knocking teeth loose as she hopped, rolled, and dodged about.

But all was not well for the defenders, even in this situation. Reg was dealt a hard kick to the side of the head and knocked out, and was soon chocked to death by an elf swordsman, while the spearman Sidaya had her ankle snapped and was shoved into the pond to drown.

This did not deter the defenders, who were killing the invaders far quicker than they could hope to kill the dwarves. Though they stood victorious, and Inod was declared a spearmaster, the unicorn, which strangely bore a dwarven name on its harness, that had killed Gisep had escaped, Nidor's pursuit waylaid by a trio of elven archers who got in his way. The elves responsible for Sidaya and Reg's however were not so fortunate. The soldiers who had survived were near exhaustion, and Zas actually fell over after declaring enough excitement for one day. Clean up would be long and unpleasant, both thanks to all the severed limbs, and because of pending duties.

The place was a mess of twisted, mangled corpses and meals in waiting in the case of the warbeasts. Vucar meanwhile simply stared at the mountain.

"You see it too, don't you." Nidor said as he walked up from behind the colonel. "In the clouds."

"Yeah. There's a reason I told the others not to get cocky. Amas judged us. And he took those men."

To everyone else, the clouds looked like formless red masses, as they always did. To Vucar, Nidor, and any other hard-line Amasans?

The glare of a god.

Okay, so this update to revive Battlejudge is a quickie. Multiple casualties during an elf assault while constructing Nature's Cage as I'm calling the tower going over the tombs. We also got an artifact, though that's less interesting.

There were more soldiers nearby than I figured on, but that only helped, and Species got insanely lucky when he got knocked into the pond (he was very rusty, but still adaquate is adaquate.) Sidaya wasn't so fortunate. There was also that named Unicorn which was strange, cause it had a dwarven name.

I've also named most of our units.

The Coalmakers (Under Colonel Vucar.)
The Plainswalkers (Under Sergeant Inod; comprised almost exclusively of humans.)
The Predators (Under Sergeant Multi, comprised almost exclusively of legendary hunters.)
The Battle Judges (Fortress Guard under Head Judge Dredd.)
The Royal Guard (Under the elf Sergeant Duto.)
The Dusk Raiders (unformed, designated raiders against elves in the future.)

Sergeant Likot's squad has yet to be given a name.

So yeah, next plan is some kind of temple to appease Amas. Maybe get him to give us a less dogshit artifact and maybe not kill more of our soldiers with unicorns and bears. I am open to suggestions, and remember.

AMAS IS WATCHING US ALL.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Nokzamzatthud - Battlejudge - AMAS IS WATCHING.
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2019, 07:34:42 am »

Damn, that was a pretty brutal siege - especially that unicorn head-stab.

Amas looks really badass - mentioned it before, but the "bird skull with antlers" aesthetic always seems to look good no matter what.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10