Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Exodus from Vlanlados  (Read 27140 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus from Vlanlados
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2018, 11:00:43 am »

Adjust the course of the vessel. Then, bring a group of people up on deck for watch, and turn on shipboard lights (If the Crabby Wench has them). Transmit a short message back. Reduce speed to ensure we don't ram into anything suddenly.
Quote from: Transmit
MESSAGE ACKNOWLEDGED.
ADJUSTING COURSE.
MANY THANKS FROM SS EXODUS.

The bombing was clearly an accident. Why drop a single bomb, but not attempt to destroy the target? Plus, if they thought we were Cannallan, they'd never tell us if we were about to sink. Therefore, they probably know we're some other craft, and are thus harmless. Titanic would be a very disappointing way to end this game. Especially since we have no lifeboat.

Edited to improve the plan.
+1 to this. -1 to physical contact with said ship.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2018, 11:13:21 am »

We are glorious Vlanladosians and getting bombed by the enemy was an act of war! We need to get our revenge and destroy the enemies of Vlanlados!
Motion to remove Kot's voting rights for the rest of the week?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2018, 11:15:49 am »

We are glorious Vlanladosians and getting bombed by the enemy was an act of war! We need to get our revenge and destroy the enemies of Vlanlados!
2nd the motion
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2018, 11:16:50 am »

In hind sight, maybe we should have spent some of our cargo space on RADAR. Foggy weather during the winter isnt exactly a surprise...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2018, 11:17:08 am »

2nd the motion

Passed.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2018, 11:19:49 am »

Nah, just give Kot potato peeling duty on the ship. Anyhow, I don't think we could even get any radar equipment. The Cannallans loaned us a rustbucket cargo ship, and probably don't care what happens to us after we leave port. Chances of them giving us cutting edge military technology are pretty slim.

Avanti!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2018, 11:36:09 am »

We are not afraid of any ice! Charge the ice! It is no match to Vlanladosian navy!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2018, 01:35:41 pm »

We might not be afraid of the ice, but our ship's hull sure is.

Voting seems to have reached a consensus. So long as you don't count the suggestion to fight the icebergs.

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2018, 04:10:17 pm »

Adjust the course of the vessel. Then, bring a group of people up on deck for watch, and turn on shipboard lights (If the Crabby Wench has them). Transmit a short message back. Reduce speed to ensure we don't ram into anything suddenly.
Quote from: Transmit
MESSAGE ACKNOWLEDGED.
ADJUSTING COURSE.
MANY THANKS FROM SS EXODUS.

The bombing was clearly an accident. Why drop a single bomb, but not attempt to destroy the target? Plus, if they thought we were Cannallan, they'd never tell us if we were about to sink. Therefore, they probably know we're some other craft, and are thus harmless. Titanic would be a very disappointing way to end this game. Especially since we have no lifeboat.

Edited to improve the plan.
+1 to he edited plan, for clarity's and consensus's sake.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2018, 04:45:27 pm »

Throw the Katzar overboard! He has revealed our position to the enemy by having a huge radar signature! Revolution!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2018, 10:00:18 pm »

Change Heading!

Quickly, the decision is made. First, Kot (bless the poor man, the tumors in his head must finally be taking away his grip on reality) is thrown into the kitchens for "potato peeling duty" and the door is locked behind him. Then, the helmsman is ordered to point the ship on bearing 165, according to the instructions received over the radio. The radio operator taps out a message:
MESSAGE ACKNOWLEDGED.
ADJUSTING COURSE.
MANY THANKS FROM SS EXODUS
Out of an abundance of caution, above deck patrols are doubled. The Crabby Wench (which it's still technically called because nobody has found the time to paint "Exodus" on the side) has all of her deck spotlights turned on, the pale yellow beams can barely cut through the fog. Men are standing in groups or pacing up and down the length of the ship, peering into the dark, choppy water below for icebergs or any other obstacles. Despite the aid of the foreign ship, everybody is still on edge knowing that there are icebergs nearby- some of them are on edge just knowing that foreign ships are nearby, for that matter. [1d6:1] Some tense minutes pass before a man on the bow shouts in a panic. "AHEAD, ICEBERG! Steer starboard, STEER STARBOARD NOW!" The helmsman doesn't hear him right away, but after a few seconds of the man on deck shouting and waving his arms, the helmsman swings the wheel as hard to the right as he can. But, it's too late.

Collision!

The hull grinds against the iceberg with a long, terrible screech. Of the alarm systems on the ship that are functional, all of them are going off. The ship lists violently, those on the lower decks can hear rushing water. Your mechanical experts act quickly, ordering men to seal bulkheads and limit the flooding. An internal damage assessment will have to wait though, as at least two dozen people on deck have been thrown overboard, if not more. With men overboard in the dark, freezing water, you will have to act quickly to save them. Life boats are lowered to search. At this point it's realized that the ship has only a dozen lifeboats supporting twenty people each, just enough for an ordinary-sized Cannalan crew when the ship's cargo isn't half full of passengers. You all had better hope the Crabby Wench stays afloat.

The radio operator, tapping the telegraph in a frenzy, sends another message:
SOS SOS
HIT ICEBERG
MEN OVERBOARD
SOS SOS
In a surprisingly short amount of time, two Forenian Cataphract Cruisers emerge from the fog. The spotlights on your ship illuminate their looming, enormous cannons. They signal over radio that they've come to to aid in the rescue operations, and they lower their lifeboats to search. Over the course of a few hours, you and the Forenians have picked up everyone you can, and there are no more heads bobbing in the water. There are scattered reports coming throughout the ship, with people saying who they thought they saw fall overboard, or claiming to have heard a pounding against the walls of a sealed bulkhead. The only thing for it is to call everybody to the main hall for a head count. It takes a while to round everyone up, some people are still trying to do damage control and other need to lifted up to the deck from lifeboats, both the ones originally on the Crabby Wench and the ones used by the Forenian rescuers.

Finally, after hours more, the last of the people from the lifeboats are aboard, along with a couple dozen Forenian sailors. While the colonists make a headcount, some of the Forenians allow themselves to be interviewed about recent events. "I've never heard of a ship called the UFS Griffin," says one, "and certainly not operating near us. We- that's the UFS Tiger Justice and the UFS Old Asyem, are alone out here as far as I know. We're pretty far from normal Forenian waters, but we've been hunting a Cannalan mine layer that went this way." "And, they've probably got away by now," adds a second sailor, "thanks to you lot." Ovechkin, at the head of the main hall, continues down the list of colonists. Everybody is dreary and exhausted from the ordeal, many people have stayed up far later than they hoped to or been waken from sleep by the ship hitting the iceberg. With the bulkheads sealed, at least, she is now stable. It's not clear who went overboard or who might have been in the flooded sections of the ship, but in total, 38 colonists are missing. Additionally, half the farming tools were stashed in one of the areas which has now been flooded, it's not certain if they've fallen out of the ship or if they might be recoverable.

Spoiler: Population (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cargo (click to show/hide)

Ghosts of the Past

Before the Forenian sailors are about to leave, one of them stops. "Wait." He says to his comrades. "You here, all of you are Vlanladosian, yes?" A few colonists nod. "And that man in the wheelchair, is your Katzar? Ovechkin?" Ovechkin, ever proud, straightens himself up and says, "Katzar Ovechkin Sundqvist Grigorievich, of Vlanlados, Builder of the Factory and Leader of the Colony!" The leader of the Forenian sailors wrinkles his face. "That man is quite well known in Forenia. He's been running a spy ring that nearly brought us all to disaster. He's wanted for piracy, supporting armed insurgents, conspiracy to commit treason, theft of military equipment, and theft of classified military information." The other Forenian sailors stiffen up, and their hands move to pistols on their belts. "He's going to have to come with us... or we won't be allowed to let you leave." "And we have a lot of cannons," adds another sailor.

What will you do?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2018, 10:05:06 pm »

Well time for a new Ovechkin. Surrender the Ovechkin.

Wait a minute they were stuttering, ask for some proof.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:06:47 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2018, 10:05:50 pm »

Surrender the Ovechkin!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2018, 10:12:06 pm »

For the record his name is Ovechkin, and his title is Katzar.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2018, 10:26:35 pm »

"What punishment would you put upon him?", asks a colonist.

If the penalty is capital, suggest exile instead. Explain that we are bound for Antarctica.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:38:08 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26