Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: not getting Barony 44.11  (Read 6539 times)

Virtual Russian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
not getting Barony 44.11
« on: July 07, 2018, 01:22:11 pm »

I've got a large fort in its 18th year, but I still have not been offered a barony. I've certainly met all the requirements, anyone else having this problem? I've even found and mined some of the adamantine...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: not getting Barony 44.11
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »

Do you have any off-site holdings? That's working OK as a path to a barony. Maybe the original way broke?

Dragonborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »

I have gotten a barony in 44.11.  I had lots of exports, but only 40 population.

I had a hillock associated to my site, but I honestly don't remember if that was before or after my fort became a barony.  I do remember barony offer taking me by surprise.  I had mis-remembered the population requirement for baronys.  I thought it was 50+.  It seemed odd to have a baron before I even had a mayor.

Virtual Russian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:45:46 pm »

no sites associated, I started in year 2. Maybe that's why? Not super concerned as my addy spire was hollow on layer 2. RIP 60 dwarves, survived though. Stabilizing the fort should take a while, maybe then I'll get a site associated.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 07:06:05 pm »

140 dwarf metropolis county (circa 41 - 45) , i've never been propositioned once about a barony, not that im worried about it anyway but im holding out for the autumn to see if the liason eventually drags their feet around because they've had plenty of offerings from me.

Turns out the Dwarven Monarch is probably just really really picky now that not all barons ascend equally.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:43 pm »

Same problem. Have reached the requirements for a duchy at this point, but the liaison won't offer the barony. I remember one of my other forts didn't reach any of the requirements for the barony, but was still offered it in it's first year. 

Something's definitely broke.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 02:28:17 pm »

Alright, I PM'd Toady about the landed nobility site triggers. It is no longer based on the raw requirements. It's exclusively based on the number of your offsite holdings.

Yeah, the nobility status is entirely based on the number of off-site holdings now.  Currently 1, 4, 9 (and 9+n*2 for modded higher ranks).  The land holder trigger numbers now influence the rate at which your civilization will send out settlers to found new sites near your fortress.  If you fortress is inaccessible or your civ's population is really low, they won't be able to do it.

So the problem seems to be getting settlers to go about your fort, which hasn't happened yet with my fort. But at least it can be forced through conquest.

The wikis will need the updating.
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 04:35:59 am »

The wikis will need the updating.

This will also need more testing - if it actually works.

Previously I always had a problem that I was receiving capital status soon after getting a barony. So when becoming capital I had a baron, a king, and an outpost liaison, and no way to have baron upgraded to count and duke. I wonder if this still applies - maybe with these changes the king arrival conditions are different now?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:57:10 am »

On version 42.12 upgraded it explicitly tells you the requirements needed in the civilization screen under 'become the mountainhome' through a a ui key (i forget which)

150000 offerings and 150000 therabouts in archetecture it will tell you but since i've been powering through the save, i've yet to update my baron to a count onwards even after the king has arrived with 180 dwarves on site and a metropolis country set up.

Dragonborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 11:12:09 am »

So to add to the mystery...

I have a fresh 44.11 fort.  I currently have a population of 10.  In the first year in the Spring, I received an announcement that a cave associated with my site.  In the first autumn, the outpost liaison told me they want us to become a barony.  I had zero exports at this point, because this is the first caravan, and my created wealth is about 10k.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 12:39:33 pm »

So to add to the mystery...

I have a fresh 44.11 fort.  I currently have a population of 10.  In the first year in the Spring, I received an announcement that a cave associated with my site.  In the first autumn, the outpost liaison told me they want us to become a barony.  I had zero exports at this point, because this is the first caravan, and my created wealth is about 10k.

Not really a mystery. You had an economically linked site, which counts as a holding, so the barony was offered. The cave was probably a bandit group, which in .11 are bugged to link up to your fort.

Virtual Russian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »

Little update, I just had two Hillocks pop up in relation to my site, year 35. Hopefully if all goes well I get a barony this fall. I'm certainly prepared for it.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 03:20:51 am »

On version 42.12 upgraded it explicitly tells you the requirements needed in the civilization screen under 'become the mountainhome' through a a ui key (i forget which)

150000 offerings and 150000 therabouts in archetecture it will tell you but since i've been powering through the save, i've yet to update my baron to a count onwards even after the king has arrived with 180 dwarves on site and a metropolis country set up.

Earlier versions had the mountainhome requirements also told explicitly in the same place (after you get mayor or metropolis, I'm not sure). But they may be different now - in version 0.44.10 it was 7500 in offerings and 10000 in architecture. I have actually loaded the save from 0.44.10 in 0.44.12, but the requirements for this save are the same as they used to be. Suppose the new requirements may need new worldgen.