Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 42029 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:22:36 pm »

Author's note

This is a suggestion game. If you know my other game, Web of Life, you know how this goes. There is a character that you control directly and create. I take care of the other characters and world that you will react to. Everybody is free to add their own idea, there are no limitations except what your character is capable of. With that out of the way, a few more notes.
Commentary from me will always be marked in bold, like this little splash of explanations.

The bold QUESTIONS will usually be what I hope you will answer. In case of a stalemate, I will roll a dice to decide.

The combat system will be very simple: I will roll for successes, but it's your job to create a general strategy. The controlled character will follow it as well as they can, but if something bad happens that would require a little stop in the combat to adjust the strategy, the update will end and you can make that adjustment, or keep going!

There will be a few changes to the canon lore of Fallout, but Louisiana has not been seen before in Fallout, so consider it creative license. However, I won't break anything that is 'hard canon', meaning things that are obviously set in stone. For instance, Jet is a post-war drug, and was never shipped to any kind of vault. That would be a 'hard canon break'. But what I will change is how far Caesar's Legion managed to get, or the current political health of the New California Republic. These things are changeable enough that I can choose how it goes.

That's all I can think of that newcomers might need to know. On to the story!

EDIT: For people that are unfamiliar with the Fallout universe, I've started work on an archive to explain a few concepts.
This will update over time. Currently deals with a few creatures and drugs.
You can find it by clicking here.

[/size]

War. War never changes. When the first caveman threw the first spear, it was unlikely that he knew that had just begun the first step to humanity's evolution and destruction. The first war had the same reasons as the last. Too many people. Not enough space. War was waged over oil, uranium, food...
Dressed in patriotism, everybody was able to pretend it was for anything other than those dumb, base needs. The old way of life came to an end on the Twenty-third of October, 2077. The beginning of the Great War. Nobody knows who fired the first missile, all people decided was that they would not be the last. Just a few hours later, the Great War ended. And the raging, consuming fire of humanity was nearly snuffed out.

But, as always, we proved tenacious. As we once did from the primordial muck, humanity was reborn once more. Those lucky enough to remain in the Vaults remained untouched, almost unaware of the horrors outside. And what of those that remained outside? Caves, bunkers, or plain dumb luck left a precious few survivors.
For better or for worse.
Now, in the blasted world of what was once America, remain the people. Surviving, fighting and dying for that same old thing that kicked it off.
Because war...
War never changes.

Vision returns to you with horrifying intensity. Your head feels like it's going to explode, but the rest of your body is far too tired to do anything beyond groan, and feebly placing a hand against your eyes to keep that horrid light out. God, why does everything always hurt?
Ah, look who's finally fuckin' awake. Shit, was hoping I wasn't keeping Chef away from some fresh bits. A young and tired voice speaks. You can't see him speak because of the piercing, horrifying light.
You groan again.
Hey. Come on now, I didn't give you my bed so you can sleep in, get the fuck up!
A rough, but oddly small hand grabs you by the arm as you get pulled up. You nearly vomit at the sudden reminder of both gravity and your relation to it. You compromise by coughing a bit as you try to figure out where you even are. You can't even remember what happened...
Right. Let's see how much you still remember. What's your name? Tell me you got at least that, cuz I'm not bothering if your noodle's completely cooked, 'aight? The Hounds don't take no complete crazies.
What's your name?

Well, look at that. Not a completely lost cause, eh? Let's get a little deeper. Remind me, where are you from?

OPTIONS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, alright... Looks like you've got it. Now, you got a bit of a scar on you from those rocks. Check it out here, aye?

What is your appearance?

We'll be going over your S.P.E.C.I.A.L and skills in the next update.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:19:46 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »

Will there be other player controlled characters or just the one? sorry I just don't fully understand this. I was being dumb for a bit and forgot what a suggestion game was.

I'm gonna say a Trog named Gibb.
description: very pale skin, extremely skinny, bald, and milk white eyes.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:35:28 pm by deathpunch578 »
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:36:44 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41:11 pm »

Exiled
Roberto Diaz, famed across the wastes for his glorious gelled-up hair, black as night and tough as concrete. Not so famed for his scraggly beard, scarred face, and general squatness.
+1
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:02:24 pm by ZBridges »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:48:06 pm »

Likely to edit later, but for now I want to know if this will be related to Fallout 3, and if so, of the underwear fairy is real, and spreading joy to the world by providing every raider in the land with undergarb that is nicer than everything else that they own combined, and magically conforms to the shape of whatever else they are wearing, regardless of how visible it really ought to be?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:46:37 pm »

Exiled
Roberto Diaz, famed across the wastes for his glorious gelled-up hair, black as night and tough as concrete. Not so famed for his scraggly beard, scarred face, and general squatness.

Avanti!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 09:55:36 pm »

Exiled
+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 05:00:57 am »

Anne Truth, 'freed' slave.
Because luck stat is best stat!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 05:59:29 am »

Exiled
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 08:20:16 am »

Yep, things seem to be in order. You touch that wonderful collection of hair above, feeling the ever-present gel still in there. When the pre-war people wanted to make something, they made damn sure it kept going. Now, Doc claimed that this stuff is as good as permanent, considering it's stuck around for what has about a year, at least. It's been longer than that, of course. Of course, the rest of you...Well, look. It's probably for the best your hair could serve as a beacon of hope for the downtrodden, because you're a little easy to trod upon. In a world of raiders, toughs and mercs, you found yourself as barely 5'5". At least you look the part apart from the height thing. While small, you are fairly wide, and your beard is rough and badass...
At least, that's what you tell yourself. In reality, it has a couple of patches of smaller hair, even an outright bald patch on one cheek. Still, you're RAIDERS! You're not here to look like smooth talkers, you're here to look like smooth killers! And hell, that gelled up slab of hair up top makes a lot of things better. Not to mention, you have a big old burn scar at that empty patch you mentioned earlier (though the spot was there BEFORE the incident with the malfunctioning laser pistol.). Then there's the scar over the nose, close encounter with a mole rat (the Klamath ones, closer to Yau Guai in size. Skulls the strength of a wet paper bag, yes, but still pretty damned big...).
Speaking of the nose, it has the distinct look of a badly healed one. You've taken some punches to the face, to be sure, even the occasional kick. Nothing you can't deal with, though. At this point, you're not sure if you still have nerves left in that schnoz of yours...

Yeah, the new scar's on the back of your head, Diaz. I just wanted to double-check if you still passed the mirror test. Now stop admiring that ugly mug, got some final tests.
He doesn't look to happy about it all, but Doc's always been a bit of an ass. He's not even a doctor, really, but he found that copy of "D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine", and he didn't want to share, so he's the doctor here by default. If Pack Leader says so, so it shall be.Stupid green bastard, makin' me waste my damned time. Doc mumbles on. Eventually, you reach a machine you don't quite recognize. It has an oddly western look to it, all wood and somesuch. The words "Vigor Tester" are emblazoned at the front, though there's still a bit of dried blood on it to the sides.
Tadaaa! Newest machine on the block. This'll show off just how good you are at shit. Hell, always wanted to know how shit you are everything. Too bad cameras are fucked, eh? Woulda wanted a picture.
You would flip him off if the world could stop spinning ever-so-slightly. Still, you grab hold of the handle, the machine blinks to life. It goes over the different parts of the Vault-tech S.P.E.C.I.A.L system, a system mostly used for kids. Probably explains the little step on the machine to see it properly, if you were too small (and no, you DON'T need it!). A little tune plays as one of those automated voices start playing.

You're SPECIAL! It's a phrase you should hear quite a few times through your life, sport. But by golly, here at Vault-Tec are going to add some real meaning to the phrase. Let's break it down, shall we?

Strength is up first! This will let you swing that ball right out of the park, or carry everthing you need all at once! Pop won't have to wait for long to get his tools, eh?
Perception's up next! Often underestimated, Perception allows you to see what that slant-eyed commie couldn't hope to, or aim those BB's home for a grand prize at the fair!
Endurance, the true American spirit! Sometimes, who wins in a football game isn't so much a case of strength or even skill! Sometimes it's sheer hard-headedness. Beat the game and win the girl with that amazing American invincibility!
Charisma! As the Europeans might have called it, that certain "je ne sauce quack" that makes people follow and believe what you say. Every team needs a leader, like how the world needs America. Are you that leader?
Intelligence! What brought America to the great, soaring heights? Not just that uncrackable American spirit, but the efforts of our boys in the lab! Perhaps you will invent the thing that brings us our inevitable victory against those darned communists!
Agility! Quick as a snake, agile as a cat, and free as a bird! With agility, you can do darn near anything when it comes to getting somewhere. Not to mention, some finger-quickness helps you fix what ol' egghead's hands are a bit too shakey for, eh?
Luck! Last, and most certainly not least! Luck helps us in everything we do. God looks out for all of us, but maybe he's looking at you a little more! It'll help you find the things you need, deal with what you can, and win those games in Las Vegas when you're older!

With that all together, You should now know just WHAT makes you SPECIAL! Enjoy your day, enjoy America and remember! Only YOU can prevent Communist infiltration!

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

While we're here, talking about what makes you special, how does that affect your skills?
EXPLANATION OF INITIAL SKILL CALCULATION

Skills

So, tell me, what ARE you good at?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:46:55 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 08:52:32 am »

STRENGTH 7
PERCEPTION 6
ENDURANCE 6
CHARISMA 5
INTELLIGENCE 6
AGILITY 5
LUCK 5

Skills:
Guns
Lockpick
Repair
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 10:24:38 am »

STRENGTH 6
PERCEPTION 7
ENDURANCE 7
CHARISMA 3
INTELLIGENCE 5
AGILITY 4
LUCK 8

Skills
Survival
Lockpick
Guns

Avanti!

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 11:19:55 am »

STRENGTH 7
PERCEPTION 5
ENDURANCE 6
CHARISMA 7
INTELLIGENCE 4
AGILITY 5
LUCK 6

skills: guns, repair, lockpick
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 03:05:35 pm »

STRENGTH 7
PERCEPTION 5
ENDURANCE 6
CHARISMA 7
INTELLIGENCE 4
AGILITY 5
LUCK 6

skills: guns, repair, lockpick
+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »

STRENGTH 4
PERCEPTION 6
ENDURANCE 4
CHARISMA 4
INTELLIGENCE 8
AGILITY 6
LUCK 8

Skills
Explosives
Repair
Sneak

[/quote]
Read the First Post!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42