Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 42023 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 09:18:01 pm »

Work experience! Tech our apprentice how it is done...
 Course one: How not to be seen shot.
  Lesson one: Get behind cover and keep your head down.
 Her job is to lie down in an ancient ditch/behind the remains of a collapsed wall and resist the urge to look and see what is happening. If she follows the rules, she gets a prize! The prize is living long enough to learn more lessons, like "getting to different cover", "surviving as bait", "sneaking into crawlspaces and safely skimming some of the loot before anyone else sees it", "shooting back", "shooting at backs"... all manner of wonders that she could learn if she just keeps her head down and doesn't die. She'll be a regular provisional deputy Bandit Queen in no time!

Basically: Have her crouch down next to you while you take careful aim and shoot.
We get a couple of shots off then finish this with shanking...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:56 am »

Work experience! Tech our apprentice how it is done...
 Course one: How not to be seen shot.
  Lesson one: Get behind cover and keep your head down.
 Her job is to lie down in an ancient ditch/behind the remains of a collapsed wall and resist the urge to look and see what is happening. If she follows the rules, she gets a prize! The prize is living long enough to learn more lessons, like "getting to different cover", "surviving as bait", "sneaking into crawlspaces and safely skimming some of the loot before anyone else sees it", "shooting back", "shooting at backs"... all manner of wonders that she could learn if she just keeps her head down and doesn't die. She'll be a regular provisional deputy Bandit Queen in no time!

Basically: Have her crouch down next to you while you take careful aim and shoot.
We get a couple of shots off then finish this with shanking...
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 12:31:27 pm »

Stay back and keep watch. I don't want you wandering out. You say, pushing the girl back and dropping the chain. She looks at the dropped chain for a few moments, but doesn't run. Yep, that's a slave, alright. Doesn't know what else to do if her restraints are gone. Oh well.
You spring out from the cover of the tent, and take aim at the gecko straight ahead, to the left of Bulletpoint, who is still getting his submachine gun ready to fire. You, however, are quick on the draw, and fire your revolver. The bullet flies true, and you hit the gecko in the chest, sending it toppling back. The mutants of the wastes aren't exactly easy to take down, of course, and the creature soon pulls itself upright just in time to catch a hail of bullets from Bulletpoint, although he isn't exactly known for his accuracy. If you heard the sound right, he fired about a dozen bullets, of which only a few actually hit the gecko. Still, the first one was enough to cause the gecko to stop getting up and die. One stray bullet even manages to hit a gecko behind the dead one, which was surprising. Didn't even stop the creature's running, though, with it's legs sticking out as it runs and the mouth open. They look kinda funny like that, though it's a bit less funny when they manage to bite. Those teeth are sharp.

The creature closest to camp, in the meantime, runs into Rita and Chef. Rita's swing of the bat has some excellent form, and the creature's head is thrown back just a tad. That particular gecko seems to be made of sterner stuff, however, and after a small backwards roll, it springs forward to take a bite out of Rita. She doesn't get out of the way, and the creature latches on to her arm as she screams. Her partner, Chef, is close-by, of course. With a bone-crushingly fast swing of his cleaver, he rips through the gecko and decapitates it entirely, allowing Rita to swing the head over the tent behind her in her flailing. It lands right next to your new associate, as well. She yelps a little, which is adorable, but she soon leaves the still-blinking head be.
You hear a rifle shot echo through the plains, and in the distance, you see one of the gecko's heads heads explode outright. Seems like Lupus is standing ready, though there's plenty more gecko's coming in. Such as the one attacking Chef. Chef, of course, isn't done with just one hack of his cleaver, and a upwards swing disembowels the creature as it leaps forward. The creature is dragged back as the weapon gets stuck on the skull. Chef is covered in blood, though that's hardly any different from what you're used to seeing. The man loves his meat, and he loves his butchery...
He howls with excitement as he licks the blood off his lips.
Creepy.

Well, that's as much as can happen in just a few seconds, really. Stopping to think in combat every few seconds or so seems a bit tedious...
Combat system is already getting an overhaul, let's go over it below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

EXP 'till Level-up: 10/100 (Gecko X1)

I'm trying a lot of new things here, some growing pains are to be expected. Still, sorry for the mid-combat combat overhaul.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 12:44:35 pm »

Continue to let geckos close in before firing. Don't let them get too close, but do not fire at anything beyond 8 hexes away, so that Bulletpoint can at least offer some fire support without wasting munitions.

Avanti!

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 02:40:46 pm »

Continue to let geckos close in before firing. Don't let them get too close, but do not fire at anything beyond 8 hexes away, so that Bulletpoint can at least offer some fire support without wasting munitions.
+1
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 04:52:15 pm »

When we are done here, we need to grab a gecko and teach our understudy how to shank.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 06:54:24 am »

+1
When we are done here, we need to grab a gecko and teach our understudy how to shank.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 01:47:10 pm »

With only three gecko's remaining, one of which took an errand shot from Bulletpoint, any creature that wasn't practically rabid would have probably retreated. Of course, out here in the wastes, a creature is either dead or fighting, with no inbetween. They continue sprinting forward, the closest one heading towards the woman that participated in killing their biggest pack member. Laughing as she does it, her jet-addled body is too quick to let it be taken by surprise, and she swings her chain-wrapped bat at the gecko. Right in the chest, the thing slides back on its belly and pushes off the shifting ashes, jumping up and biting the woman in her shoulder.The bite doesn't go deep, though, and the creature is shoved off with a violent push that tears off a little flesh from Rita herself, as the teeth rake across her. A quick throwing knife ends the Gecko's life thereafter, Chef laughing as he twirls his cleaver about, clearly excited about the upcoming meals he made of these things. You also hear the shouting of the three stooges on the other side of the tent, followed by the sound of a double-barrel going off. You see a massive amount of pellets throw up some ashes, and somehow manages not to hit anybody. That's Barrels alright...
You decide to show people how it's done, Firing off another shot from your revolver you permanently put down the gecko that was already injured from the hail of bullet Bulletpoint launched. That leaves only one more gecko.

For a moment, the creature looks as if it might be reconsidering it's current course of action, until the creature' chest collapses at the sound of another bullet from Lupus' rifle.
...Right. Looks like that wasn't so bad.
I suppose so. Kinda weird that Lupus didn't see it.
Well, I wouldn't mention it. The guy's a dick.
Yep. Anyway, back to work, I suppose. Grab a gecko before Chef gets all of them.
You hear the cook of the gang laugh as he slings two gecko's over his shoulders. The black man is as huge as he is disturbing, and you never really wanted to experiment with his "mystery meat". He CLAIMS it's made up of all manner of lizards, but you doubt it. You also see Rita walking your direction, groaning and clutching her wounds. She's visibly mumbling,even if you can't quite tell what she's on about. Then she turns to you with the crazed eyes only a feral ghoul or a jet fiend has. Hey, Diaz! G-got any fucking Med-X on you? I fucking need it.
I don't have shit. Go bother Doc.
She gets right up in your face, her ash and blood-covered face being so close you can smell it. Not too difficult, considering you're dealing with somebody who's closer to a corpse than a human being.
Don't. Fucking sass me, Diaz, Or I'll fuck your ass RAW!
You decide not to push your luck. You always found her distinctly sexual threats to be really strange. She stumbles away from you, passing by the kid under your charge. She gives the kid a backhand, for good measure, causing you to yell a quick "hey", but she doesn't care.
God, you hate that cunt.

Well, either way, that brings up something important. You walk up to the kid, still lying on the ground and nursing the fresh pain on her  cheek. Nothing as bad as your pistolwhip, really, even with the rough callused hands of a junkie. Right, kid. As you mighta noticed, I'm the only reason we haven't handed you over to Chef yet. Well, technically Pack Leader, but he was going to eat you if I didn't ask. As a result, there might be a couple of assholes that might try to hurt you.
The girl looks at you with an angry sort of attention. She doesn't like you, that's clear, but she DOES recognize that she'll need you to survive. Smart kid, at least. You tell her to follow you as you head to one of the dead geckos.
Alright, kiddo. Listen up. I'm not dumb enough to hand you a gun, but I DO want you to have something to stop a motherfucker from eating you alive. Ever shanked somebody?
She nods no, while refusing to look at you. Hell, at least she's listening.
Well, alright. Lemme introduce you to the most essential tool around: A shank. You pull out your personal knife. Calling it a knife is, perhaps, maybe a little unfair to knives. This piece of kit started it's life as a piece of rebar, but your time spent just surviving on your own meant you needed something to pass the time. You ground the damned thing until it was sharp at one end. No edge, of course, but it's a piece of metal that goes into things easy, sometimes it's all you need. Works against mole rats, at least.
Roll: d100+19(melee weapons)=90 (Great success!)

You over over some basics on pulling out a shank, and where to easily hide it. With some quick thinking, you even cut off a little strap of Gecko skin to try and use as a belt. You're not the most experienced when it comes to making clothes, but you have some very basic idea of skinning something. This thing won't last long, you don't have the supplies to actually do any sort of leathermaking. You can't tan the damned things without tanning, nor do you have the salt to actually cure the stuff. It'll rot, in short, but the girl doesn't have anything to put a knife away anywhere. You'll find an alternative later.
First, people expect a knife from right at the middle of your back. Put it a little at the side so you not only have a quicker grip, but to prevent other assholes from grabbing it. Second, stab upwards. Stabbing straight works out OK on most targets, but you hit more when you shank upwards. I'll hold up the gecko, you go ahead and try stabbing. Wrap that skin around you, and take this thing.
You hand her your rebar knife. She looks a little confused, but after a little egging on, she tries to stab the creature you're holding up. It's a light little beasty, really.
The first time, she misses her knife entirely. You imitate a buzzer as she fumbles.
Oop, you missed, good job, you're DEAD! Start again!
The second time works out considerably better, she grips it, and makes a backwards motion with her elbow before stabbing the creature as hard as she can. You even feel a slight push as she does so, her long, scattered hair waving in the wind.
Too slow! It's a knife, not a club! You don't need to rear back, just shank the damned gecko! FROM THE TOP!You yell. You notice some people are staring from the camp.
Specifically, the latecomers to the battle. Edge, Shank and Barrels are basically inseparable, though they aren't the smartest.

The girl tries again, missing the knife. You shout at her to try again. She grapples, and flies the knife forward. She's off on her angle, and the knife slides off the Gecko's slick hide.
UPWARDS, damn it! Stab upwards, and you'll go through BODY armor, come on!
SHUT UP! She shouts as she finally does the move correctly. The rebar goes deep into the gecko, and when she removes the rebar there's a gush of blood from the gecko. Must have hit the heart.
Well, shit. You did it. Was that so hard? Come on, kid, we're heading back to camp.
You sling the brutalised gecko over your shoulder. Chef may cook for everybody, but you prefer to cook for yourself. You've got the knowhow, after all. You also take your shank back. She can make her own damned shank.
Stop calling me kid! the kid says after a little moment;
Then find a name, dumbass. You say, hardly looking at her.
I don't have one.
Congratulations. Most people don't have the ability to name themselves. Try to pick something good, yeah? For the love of God don't say "shank" or some other word, I know enough assholes trying to sound cool.
...What's your name?
Diaz. Roberto Diaz. I didn't pick it, but I sure as hell wasn't going to call myself anything different.
Roberto? That sounds Mexican.
...The hell's a Mexican?
They talk funny, Papa traded my mother to them in Two-Sun. They're kinda darker-skinned, I guess?
You scoff in disdain. Slavers... Well, that still doesn't give you a name. If you can't think of one, I'll just keep calling you Kid, or something along the line of "hey you" or "Tiny".
She clams up after that. Oh well.

You dump the gecko corpse in the mess hall, although you keep it away from Chef's pile. He's already hard at work cutting the meat up into easy to roast pieces, though he's as clumsy as ever. He won't bother with your gecko, at least. You decide to go to the river nearby and get some water for the purifier.
The walk there is short, though you keep your gun at the ready. Never know what might just pop out. You see a scorpion pass by, fortunately a fairly normal one. Relatively, at least, it's only as large as your fist. Rad-scorpions are a little more troublesome. You collect about a bucket of water, and walk back to camp in short order. The river is black with soot and ash, looking more like a constant mudslide than an actual river, but the water under the layer of ash is, at least, drinkable. Radioactive as shit and it tastes like dirt, but drinkable. You carry it inside the mess hall and dump the bucket in the purification bottle. A simple trick you read in a tattered scout's handbook, describing how to clean something up with a collection of rocks, sand, finer sand and a coffee filter. Shit even cleans radiation, apparently, though you're not entirely sure. You didn't grow any extra toes, so that's good.
It'll take a while, though, might as well do something else in the meantime.

How do you spend your free time, and maybe you've got a name for that kid of yours? Despite your earlier claims, you can't actually keep calling her kid.

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till Level-up: 30/100 (Gecko X2) (Finished combat X1)

Would you like to see all rolls, or shall I keep it for personal non-combat only?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »

Continue to teach the girl fighting stances and survival tricks--like the filtering one we know--and try to see what there is around to fix. Call the girl Jane or kid until she figure out a name she likes better.

Not showing combat rolls is fine.

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 04:42:04 pm »

Can we try to dry some gecko? Make jerky perhaps? Teaching the kid some repair skills would also help, maybe she can get started on making a shank, we could use a spare for ourselves too, make it a regular shank-making party!

Friedrika Von Blitzenburg?
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 04:43:08 am »

Can we try to dry some gecko? Make jerky perhaps? Teaching the kid some repair skills would also help, maybe she can get started on making a shank, we could use a spare for ourselves too, make it a regular shank-making party!

Friedrika Von Blitzenburg?
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 11:34:47 am »

...Right. Downtime. Shit.
What's wrong with downtime?
I don't know what to do in those times. I keep myself useful, or else the Steady boost is wasted. This stuff doesn't have fun withdrawal, kid.
What stuff?
Steady, dumbass. Vapors that calm the hands and let me work properly. Without it I'm too jittery... Hell, whatever. You're going to be useful, so Pack Leader won't eat you when he gets bored.
You're not sure if he actually eats people, but he doesn't seem like the type to make empty threats. Not to mention: super mutants aren't known for their delicate palate, they'll eat anything with nutrients.
When the last time you ate?
She doesn't say anything. Looking her over, with her dark hair and unhealthy lack of meat on the bones probably answers that. You can't help but feel a small pang of sympathy for the kid. Oh hell, Diaz. Don't get too attached. You think to yourself as you run your hand through your scraggly beard.
Shit, fine. We'll prepare that gecko. Might as well teach you something. Also, lesson number one: Don't trust what Chef makes. Dude doesn't love cooking, he just likes watching meat sizzle. I was really damned happy when his flamer broke, let me tell you
What's a flamer?
Post-war design of a flamethrower: Basically sprays some flammable gas in front of a small little flame. Fwoosh, and you've got roasted assholes. The smell alone could knock you over.
... Burning people alive? That's...
Worst way to go, by far. Shit, I've seen it take an hour for one guy to finally die. Sure ruined my fucking appetite that day. You shudder as you remember that particular moment. It made it very, very clear that Pack Leader does not mince words when he says "don't steal from me". Poor bastard just wanted a YumYum deviled egg, for fuck's sake.
Alright kid, go pick up some branches from the armory. Bulletpoint's an ok dude, kinda stupid, but he's alright. He won't try anything. And take a piece of metal with you, that'll come in handy after we're done cooking.
The kid nods and disappears into the tent. You don't trust anybody with the kid, to be fair, but Bulletpoint's too much of a wet blanket to try anything stupid. You move to the mess hall, in the meantime, to get your meal.

You carry the gecko out of the mess tent, counting your lucky stars Chef was too busy watching the meat sizzle and pop. You even manage to get some kindling along the way, though it's getting a little heavy. str check: 7/6) You meet Barrels on your way out, the disgusting bastard isn't wearing a shirt again, though with the amount of hair he's got he hardly needs it. Nothing but hair on that guy, and the smell... He smells like a corpse, really.
Hey, Diaz! I saw you playing with your little friend. You mind sharing her when you're done? he says, grinning like a jackal.
You look at him with the best withering stare you can manage. Your scarred face, along with your natural knowledge of human beings lets it be particularly effective, and you see some color fade from Barrels' face as he quickly leaves.(Roll: d20+7=15) That should make the point clear, and you make a note to tell the kid to put the earlier shanking practice to use if he tries anything. You drag the gecko corpse to the kid, and lay it down on the ash. She brought just the amount of materials you were hoping for
Alright kid, good haul. Now, we're going to be making some jerky out of this thing, alright? Watch me while I work, this isn't too hard.
You take your rebar shank, and use the point to start cutting into the meat. It's not ideal, and you'd prefer an edge, but hell. You don't exactly have the resources to make really good jerky, to begin with. This shit hardly works as travel food, you don't have the salt to make it keep. Although...
You think back to your first kill, shortly after you were exiled. That lady had some odd jerky on her, sweet instead of salty. You think about it for a while, but then you connect the dots. You may not have salt, but you've got sugar! Survival check (60) d100+27= 78. It seems a bit odd to you, but sweet jerky should work out. You tell the kid to go back to the armory and pick up a small bag of salt. Marked with an "S". She stares at you for a while, but she gets it when you draw the S in the ash.  She's back pretty fast, though she's already a little winded from the short run.

Right, so. You see all this fat? Tastes great, lets you survive, but doesn't keep for shit. So, when you're making jerky, you cut it off. Or pull it, in this case.
You "loosen" it with your rebar shank, to allow easier pulling. You can't remove all of it perfectly, but enough that it aught to be fine. You set up a drying rack and place the pieces of meat on the pole.
Now, this "papa" figure, the one on the pike, left us with something we can use. We actually raided him for that sugar, you know? Pays for a lot of cigs.
The kid is just staring at the meat, saltivating.
Shit, right. Well, we're leaving that stuff to dry for couple hours, let's make something edible out of what's left, yeah?
Y-yes please! She says, nodding vigerously. It's endearing, especially with that small trail of drool flying off her chin. Damn it, she has to be hungry.
Right. I'll get you the best part.
You cut into the dead gecko's thigh, and after some extended swearing, pulling and repeated stabbing (mixed with a bit of kicking), you eventually manage to cut the leg loose from the body. You just snap the leg off at the knee, leaving only the thigh. The creature's been dead long enough that there's not too much blood leakage, so you don't have to worry about your clothes (a ragged undershirt, patched with brahmin hide and 200 years old jeans) getting messier. You put a solid piece of wood and jam it through the softer parts of the muscular thigh. Then, you start a fire using the kindling and the fire striker you took along with the kindling. The sparks fly free, and the cheap pre-war money ignites long enough to let the rest burn. The stuff doesn't smell great, but hell.

You start spinning the make-shift rotissary, and then realize you're going to be like this for about twenty minutes. Well, you're prepared for this.
Kid?
How long will this take? She says, staring at the gecko leg with an almost hypnotized look.
Decent bit. But listen up. Grab that piece of metal, and then pick up a rock. I want you to grind that metal against the rock until you've got something sharp. Like my rebar shank, get it?
J-just... Rub it?
Like you mean it, Kid.
She gets to work on it. Her puny little arms aren't exactly going to get it done in those 20 minutes, but it'll keep the both of you busy. You tell her some other things you know.
Ok, let this be an important lesson. These ashen plains are as fucked as it gets when it comes to messed up soil. Don't EVER dig past the ash layer. The amount of rads down there will turn you into a walking corpse in no time. Or, if you're lucky, you'll just die.
You mean ghouls, right?
Call the fucking zombies what you want, I don't care. They're ugly fuckers that'll try to eat you eventually. Sometimes their brain just 'ain't caught up with their body, get it?
...ok. She continues whittling down the metal while you turn the meat.

Got an idea for a name yet? You say, opening your eyes after dreaming away for a moment.
She looks up from the metal she's whittling, and doesn't look you in the eye, as if she did something wrong. She hums in a manner that sounds like a groan.
Hey, it's cool. It's just easier if you had one. Want me to think of one?
She looks at you with one eyebrow raised and her head cocked to the side.
Friedrika Van Blitzenburg!
She stares for a moment, before breaking out into giggles. It's contagious enough for you to give a half laugh as you grin ever so slightly.
Don't you like it? I read it in a comic book once.
But that's so stupid!
Well, "Miss Friedrika", I'd try to find something better pretty soon, then. You grin again, leaning back as you switch arms on the rotisserie. Smells pretty good already!
What about... Blitz!?
Shit, not bad. Quick and easy, I guess.
I'm... I'm not sure yet, though. Can I think about it a little longer?
Whatever. Keep whittling for a few more minutes, you're getting your food in a moment.

When the meat is finally finished, you give her the meat haunch. She tears into it like a starving dog, though the heat is enough to deter her ever so slightly. You get to work on cooking some othe scraps of meat for yourself as she tears into her piece of meat.  It's still pretty large, of course, so she won't be done too fast. The sun is shining down, but it's not too warm, despite the open area. Ash takes up the heat pretty well, you find, so while the ground can be pretty toasty, the actual general heat is pretty alright. And, hell, who isn't used to a little sun every now and again?
You hear some yelling from the camp, but it doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary. Just people eating, if you had to guess. Sun's getting pretty low...
You can see Bulletpoint heading your way, and you give him a wave. He's as much of a fan of Chef's meat as you are, and you have too much gecko for just the two of you. Considering you're just baking some of the quicker stuff, and some organ meat, you'll be able to give him some stuff.
As the three of you eat without a word, the girl mainly because she fell asleep after her meal, you hear some more yelling from camp. Oh hell, this sounds like actual trouble.
Shit, probably more geckos or something. Fuck it, they can handle it themselves.
The kid snores softly, and you don't really feel like checking it out either. But...

Do you check up on the gang?

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till Level-up: 35/100 (Gecko X2) (Finished combat X1) (Proper food (kind of) X1)

Just noticed I forgot to add the origin bonus to survival. Now fixed.
Neat stuff I do:

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2018, 12:07:13 pm »

Yeah. Bring our gun and a lantern of some kinds, if we've got one. The rest of the gang might be horrible people, but they're also one of the reasons why you aren't dead yet.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2018, 08:35:31 am »

Yeah. Bring our gun and a lantern of some kinds, if we've got one. The rest of the gang might be horrible people, but they're also one of the reasons why you aren't dead yet.
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2018, 12:32:11 pm »

Ah, to hell with it. I'll go check it out.
You do that. I'll keep watch over the kid, I guess... Don't think she's going anywhere, though. She snores again, although she does curl up a little bit for comfort.
If I come back, screaming, assume it's a deathclaw. Or a deathmaw, I guess.
Sighing, and checking up your gun, you enter camp again and go in the direction of camp. You turn the corner of the tent, just in time to see Pack Leader throw a feral ghoul in your direction, while yelling. In case you wish to know if it was the ghoul or the super mutant screaming: yes.
The shrivelled up humanoid isn't dead, of course, and you finish the wounded ghoul off with a shot to the face.
Fuck! The hell's going on! You yell, in the most polite tone you can yell in, at least.
The rest are still inside, follow me, Diaz!
Again: you don't say no to pack leader, especially when he's got pieces of ghoul all along his arm and splatterings of blood across him. You follow the hulking mutant inside the tent, to see carnage. Chef is currently wielding in cleaver in each hand, and fighting off around three ferals with varying levels of success. He's having the time of his life, at least, guessing from the laughter. Rita, not too far off, is having a bit more trouble with one ghoul. Admittedly, that one's wearing remnants of armor, and she's looking seriously beat up. Pack leader rushes into the main fight, a toss-up between the three stooges and around a dozen ghouls.

You take aim just in time to shoot a ghoul that's lunging at you, shooting it square in the chest. Fortunately, a basic ghoul isn't so tough, and it slides against your feet. Fully dead, this time. You hear a double-barrel going off, and you hear some gurgling from several ghouls. Barrels came prepared, at least. You see the corpse of Edge in the corner, his neck chewed open. Hell, this isn't looking so good!
There's a big dogpile of the three (make that two) stooges and around seven or six ghouls around four meters away. Firing in there means you're definitely going to hit something, though there's a decent possibility that you'll be hitting one of the stooges, too. There's a smattering of ghouls around, as well, some of them just stuffing burnt gecko meat into their mouths instead of attacking you, though you think one of them is starting to notice you. Pack Leader is currently planting his beartrap into the face of another ghoul at two meters away. Rita is on her back, fighting off a ghoul by jamming her bat into the thing's teeth, and Chef is struggling with a ghoul on his back, tearing into his shoulder. He's still laughing.
It's pandemonium, in short. There's a few tables around, but they're hardly enough to serve as cover, feral ghouls would knock them aside or just jump over them. They're very nimble corpses, to say the fucking least! You COULD just run. Hell, this is a tent, you can crawl under a wall, if need be.

What do we even do here? Remember, a general strategy is requested here. If something major happens (something new enters the scene, for instance, the update will stop and you gain the chance to take a new action.

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till Level-up: 55/100 (Gecko X2) (Finished combat X1) (Proper food (kind of) X1) (Feral ghoul X2)

Until I find a half-way decent program or way to do it fast, I'll be leaving the combat map out of it. The last one only worked for relatively long-distance engagements. Things have been changed to fit a relative distance instead of squares. I'll still try to return to a combat map ASAP.
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42