Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 42014 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2019, 04:58:47 am »

Buy the Super tool kit first and then crowbar second, then go and find Rotface and talk to him first.

If we're lucky he won't remember what happened to Crackle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2019, 03:13:28 am »

Buy the supertool, then the crowbar

try to fix the robot

Then get to rotface together with the robot
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:13 am »

+1 To trying to fix the robot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 23, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »

I'll be taking the tool box, discount that one, and the prybar. Also, can you get that robot to the workshop? I want to see what I can get going with that.
The shopkeeper seemed relieved to be rid of the robot, and handed you your items after some quick counting of the caps. Sometimes you wonder how such massive amounts of caps can work as an easily counter currency, but you suppose it just kind of works from a marketing perspective. NCR money sure was a lot easier, though. Either way, with your toolbox and crowbar in hand (you put the crowbar inside the toolbox, for easy carrying) you follow the two swarthy men carrying the broken robot to the workshop. Considering the legs are missing (and a lot of other bits) you couldn't help if you tried. Not enough stuff to grab on to. The robot is still warbling out noises that might one day form a word, but it's not getting anywhere fast. At least the lightbulb that indicates the talking is reacting semi-appropriately.
Once the torso hangs by the chains, you start looking at what you might do about it. There's quite an extensive list of damages, but at least the nuclear engine is fine. Robots are surprisingly light on power drainage, so you won't be able to stick it on anything else (even if you had the know-how to rewire a nuclear reactor). The main thing you need is a way to get this thing moving. Protectron legs are kind of notoriously useless, though, so you take a moment to think about what would be best. There's quite a few option around, really, and robots are fairly customizable. If you get the frame on, just about any form of locomotion works. Of course, it'll take you hours to get that finished, even with help. You elect to check inside the torso, first, see what's possible to reconnect.
It seems like a deceptively simple repair job, actually. Mostly it's just busted wires and worn away insulation. You can get that done in just an hour or so of work. Of course, there are a couple of pieces that just don't mesh anymore, but that's just a quick weld and wrenching away from being fixed. Your toolbox sure helps, and you manage to finish up the basic repairs in just under an hour of tinkering. You even manage to rig some of the redundant armor plating to the outside, so it looks a tad better. Protection-wise, about the same. Now that everything is connected again, the robot is quick to start speaking in actual sentences instead of burbled words. Not that the words are a big improvement in any regard.
Hello. And welcome to... ERROR: TOKEN NOT FOUND. Are you ready for a.... Cheese Pizza. It's.... Choco-tastic. Would you like to... ERROR: TOKENS NOT FOUND. Thank you come again.
Right. That's useful. It also kept on talking for quite a while, but you eventually manage to find the volume knob. You can't turn it off completely, but you can barely hear it over the sounds of all the other workers here, getting far more noisy things done.

You close up the hatch you were working in, and then take a step back. You're going to need to find a way of locomotion, and you're not sure what'd be best. You'd have to scrap a different Rob-Co robot to get something that actually fits in there, unless you find a way to convert the lower half and program it to the new configuration. You may know how to fix it up, but programming is what's really going to get the robot going. It's the difference between a stalwart killbot or a glorified backpack. You're fine with both, but the thing is, you need to think about where and how you'll get legs/wheels/treads. In the workshop, there aren't a whole lot of options, actually. Mostly just car wheels, the occasional axels with wheels. Too large to be useful on their own. You'll have to find somewhere else to get that working. Or somebody that can convert the actuators in a protectron to accept an axel.
You elect to throw in the towel, for now. You can always come back, of course. Not to mention: maybe you can think of a couple of interesting ideas to upgrade? You could turn it into a bad-ass raiderbot, with spikes and stuff. Maybe even turn it into a loudspeaker. The sound system is there...
Well, that's all fun, but now you need to talk to the ghoul.
Ugh.

Hello, Chief... Blitz. He's sitting in a chair, looking better than the last time you saw him. He's got some stitching on his chest, and you find out that ghouls are as fucky when you see their torso, though at least you don't have to see the ribs like with the ferals. Instead, he looks like a particularly grody piece of laffy taffy.
Are you angry?
What the hell do you think? He says that "you" with a lot more venom than you thought possible from usually jokey Rotface. You'd even be worried if you didn't hate ghouls so much. Ugly, dangerous bastards.
I think that she's a tad too young to be attacked by you, Rotface.
Crackle was my fucking FRIEND! And she just shoots him in the fucking head!? What the hell am I supposed to do her, give her a kiss and thank her?
Considering she did it so you wouldn't stick around and get ripped to literal shreds.
...By shooting my best fucking friend?
Considering you wouldn't let go of a dead body, yeah.
He was still ALIVE! He growls. A little throaty there, huh?
He wasn't. It was death throes, I've SEEN ENOUGH TO KNOW! ALRIGHT?
There is a short pause after Blitz' outburst.
It was a mercy killing. You aughta know that.
...Fuck it. Fuck you, fuck those buzzards, Fuck that god-damn flamer of his and fuck this quest. Tell me we got something out of it.
He groans a little, and then puts his shirt on. What a relief.
Workshop privilege, a thousand caps, discount and larger stock at the shop and a viable deathclaw egg.
Fucking what?
Watch the potty mouth. Or at least get more creative.
What the hell are we going to do with a deathclaw egg?
Haven't decided yet. Anybody ever trained a deathclaw?
I've been around the block a lot, and I haven't met any. Mostly because getting to the eggs requires you to take on a matriarch.
Right. Guess we'll be the first. They're smart animals, it'll get it if we feed it enough.
Fuck it. Let's just get back to Ellis and the rest, alright? Let's go break the news.

Do you have everything for now? Remember, leaving the main group alone for too long will have dire consequences.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking pretty bad. This will affect you.

You've got a lot of money now. This is going to make you a target.

Edit: added Jimmy bar and toolbox
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:34:51 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2019, 07:36:44 am »

Looks like its time to return to the group.

Also the tool kit and the crowbar aren't listed in our inventory.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2019, 11:58:36 am »

We should just buy some scrap or a kind of leg just to make the bot moving, later we can start patching it up on the go

If we find a wheeled leg capable of climbing obstacles fast it's better, to put a bit of a show while we leave as we are with a madmax style people around us

if don't anything that work as leg is okay, we use it as a backpack until we are able to upgrade it, just do something fast

before leaving we should make a small talk with the leader, say that we are leaving for now to meet our friends so they won't miss us, and ask if he also act as a confessonary/confess cabin I dunno (I forgot how to write this), someone holy who can keep secrets, say that we came to this town as revenge to some of those that are in fact heretic to the religion, people that doesn't honor their contract and try to kill those who they called brothers, if he wan't to engage in a fight against someone else, or increase their sphere of influence to somewhere else (cof cof sodom playground cof cof) he could have our help, or better, a mutual help to bring punishment

also, before leaving and maybe all this, we should hand a amount of cap to rotface (300? if he complain we say that maybe we say that it may be more just to divide as crackle was with us and give crackle share to him what will bring it to 500 coins ), we don't like ghouls but we know we have to give him a gift of sort, give him his cut of the loot/prize

tell on the way back that if he might would want to take revenge somehow on A/on all buzzards later we could join him, but we aren't going to talk more about this to not bother him more
, he probably wont be this crazy but it may transfer a bit of his anger to those buzzards, if he get's a bit hyped we could use the big dog perk to boost our chance, this hype use also could be used with the leader
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 26, 2019, 01:17:41 pm »

To be fair, there aren't a lot of wheeled legs available... Unless you manage to get a sentry bot from somewhere. This place did factory workers, man, not a lot of options.
How much for a normal leg, then?
Yeah, that'll set you back about a 100 a piece. 200 if you want to get your hunk-a-junk moving.
Aren't they basically just bendy bars of metal?
Yeah, but that shit's mint. People love the solid bendy shit. Even if the protectrons aren't that practical with it, these things are great for flexibility.
Do you have alternatives?
If you feel like spending gas money every day or so, you can probably get a Mr. Handy thruster somewhere.
How would that work on a protectron?
Very poorly. Low to the ground, low equipment load... But terrain isn't a factor, at least.
I'll take the legs. I'll see about getting this thing working on the road.
Hah! Done deal. Uh, caps up front.
Obviously.

The oily merchant (literally, he's almost completely black from the amount of machine oil on him) goes back a little further in his shop, wielding a collection of tools for easy removal. You're a bit wary about how one of those things is a sledgehammer, but you'll just tell him to take a long hike if he pulls that with you. After only a couple loud noises, you get two protectron legs, seemingly in mint condition. They're filthy, of course, and one foot has a pretty bad case of rust, but it's fine otherwise. Sticking it on the robot wasn't hard. Just a case of connecting wires and closing up the locks to stop the legs from popping out. You had to use a welder on some parts, which worked out quite well, all things considered. (D100 (62) + 35 = 97) No damage to the rest of the robot, and things are as stuck on as they come. Rotface seemed a tad doubtful about the robot, but once it started walking around it he seemed to be coming around to it. It's still spouting off nonsense about cheese pizza, though.
What the hell is cheese, anyway?
Of course, now that it's working and walking, you had one final issue. How the hell do you get it to follow you? This is something that has less to do with repairs and a lot more to do with computers. There's a pretty big difference, and you've never been much of an egghead. You elect to give it at least one shot, though you're really not sure what to do.
(D100(62) + 13 =  75()
Even though you got a lot farther than you expected, you can't figure out how to get the robot to follow you. The little screen seems to work off the usual DOS systems you usually find with terminals, but you don't understand a damn word of it. However, you DO get lucky enough that somebody with a tiny bit more experience was available to help. He only has one eye and drooled a little as he went, but he seems deceptively clever despite that. Just a bit paralysed. The Blackfingers take all sorts of people, that's for sure. Despite their technological and defensive edge, they don't stand a chance against some proper fighters from the other gangs. As great as it is to include so many people, they can't fight as well as a normal human being.

It only takes a vocal command from you to get the robot following you, and while your computer guy could fix a lot, he couldn't get the cheese pizza out of the thing's systems. At least it's not constantly babbling on about tokens it can't find. Your computer guy only asks for a small fee, 50 caps, but he warns you that he can't get this thing to be a fighter. The parts about self-defence and attacking are all corrupted, and it would take hours of time to delete the now junked data or to save what's left. You'd need somebody with both time and know-how to reprogram the damn thing's combat protocols. Considering you just want a backpack, it's probably fine for now. You pay the man and almost get moving. Just one more visit to Chevrolet.
You consider trying the religious approach, but it's fairly obvious that anything that isn't an engine isn't going to fly. You elect to go for the alternative way of telling him that the other town has traitorous bags of dicks in them.
Hey, Chev? I'm going to head out again, going back to my group.
Ahh, the blood of the covenant stands strong. Very well, remember that you are always welcome here.
Funny you'd mention the blood of the covenant. You see, the first reason I came here is to get revenge on Lagniappe for stabbing me in the back.
Lagniappe? Hm, the main peddlers and buyers of the vial. I see fate has seen fit to warn you, in its own way.
Yeah... I came here to see if I can't mess with the drugs coming from here to there. I stopped a few shipments, but it wasn't going to stop.
Excellent. You seek revenge on those that betrayed you, and who else would do so but Sodom? The craven fool named himself after the very garden he wishes to create!
He didn't betray me, though he was the reason I got betrayed. It was Bartholomew, the trader. He had me do some work against Sodom so he could stab me in the back for credit with the man.
Yes, nothing out of the ordinary. But I must ask, why tell me this? As much as I wish to stand by my Bishop, I fear we are hardly warriors. Many of us were tainted and twisted by the horrors of radiation, former recluses or babes hit by radiation and dropped from the teat onto the hard ashen floors. We take in the outcasts, make them work for the angels above and beside.
Well, just in case I manage to make headway against this whole business, you might be interested in taking over?
Take it over? In your name, I bet?
I don't care in whose name, as long as I get my pound of flesh against that bastard. (Speech:
Hah! Spoken true! Yes. We will aid you, when the time is right. But I pray you remember, we are not made for head to head combat. From the shadows, with out bows, that is where we shine.
Perfect. I'll give you a call if i need some jihads sent that way, alright?
Certainly, certainly. Well, I bid you farewell, brother. May you return when the Angels call for the journey.
Uh, sure. Right.
Just as you turn around, you suddenly find the doctor from before standing about an inch away from your face.
Ah, here you are! I wanted to give you something before you leave, it's for your daughter.
She's not my-
He shoves a box in your hands before you can finish, causing you to puff out some air from the force.
You see, she was a tad panicked before you woke up, not just about what happened. She, well... She's at the right age for it to start, and I think it's worth it that she has a way to deal with it for now. Later, she'll have to improvise, but... For now, she's prepared, right? And don't worry, I already explained what it all means. It's an awkward conversation, especially for the father, yes?
Just as you're about to yell what the hell he's talking about, you look at the box itself. It's a pre-war package. Cloth pads, developed by Med-Tek. Made to be washable after use.
Oh.
Oooooh...
So she...
Yes. Official start in her puberty. Now, I suggest that you wash these with soap and clean water. Boiling it should be fine, and preferably the water should remain warm.
You just take in the information with a resigned expression. Well, now you've got a pubescent instead of a pre-pubescent child in tow. You wonder if she's going to get a growth spurt soon...

With everything finished up, you FINALLY get going to the quarry. As you walk, you also stop a moment to give Rotface his share. You just shove a bag of 300 caps against him, not saying a word. Obviously, the ghoul asks what the hell was up with that, but he understands it when he hears the jingling of bottlecaps and feels the weight. He seems satisfied with his share, or at least he doesn't speak up to ask for more. He's still a negative nancy now that his friend is dead, and he spends a lot of time giving Blitz the stink-eye. Considering you're kind of doing the same to him, it makes for a tense walk back. You consider asking Rotface if he wants to screw with the Buzzards, but things just feel a tad too tense right now. You know enough about people to know when to ask. (CHR:7).  It's almost a relief when some particularly dumb-looking bunch of idiots suddenly stops you.
Hey, short stuff! This here's a toll road! 100 caps per person, and we won't plug you fulla holes!
There's only four of them, none of them armored, and only two of them actually have guns. However, their guns are already drawn while yours are still holstered. There's a collection of dunes to take cover behind and the only guy that looks decently armed is the one holding out his hand for the payment. You've got the cash, now, and you're a tad beaten to hell. Your protectron is holding most of the gear, and everybody in your party is armed and more than a little pissed.

What do?

Perks

Party members

Cheese Pizza
Protectron (holds most of your stuff)
Weapon: NaN, no combot protocol.

Quest log

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:09:23 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 26, 2019, 04:46:30 pm »

Give them some money and while their distracted by it pull out the shotgun and shoot their leader and one of the ones with a gun.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2019, 05:22:08 pm »

Let's not fuck about with this. 300 caps, right? You say, raising your hands. Rotface looks displeased with what you're doing, while Blitz likely already gets what you're going to do. It's practically your signature move, at this point. Ahh, the wonders of a sawed-off.
Make it 400! You got that robot, don't ya? Their leader calls out. He's already lowering his gun, at least, but he's still pointing it in your direction. Awful trigger discipline, too.
...Alright. Fine.
With the caps ready, you step forward. As you expected, the leader smugly steps over to take the caps, and doesn't even pay mind to how your hand is already down. Just as he stretches out his hand, you drop the sack of caps and take his stretched out hand. You pull him forward, and knee him in the groin. (STR:16). The surprise attack causes him to fire a shit into the road, and Blitz is already firing off her pistol while Rotface is making a leap of faith to avoid any bullets. An automatic rifle starts going off close to you, and you pull the raider leader in front of you to stop any errand bullets from hitting your flesh. You find the woman firing the automatic pretty fast, considering that his aim is utterly abysmal and that she enjoys shouting as she shoots. Doesn't even aim down her sights...
Fucking amateurs.
Suddenly, the man you're holding jerks his head back against your face, causing you to recoil away from him. He still has to cock the hammer on his revolver, however, so you win the quickdraw duel that follows with a quick blast from your shotgun. He goes flying back, screaming in pain as his arm just about explodes. He's still screaming as you blast the screaming woman away, though you're distracted when one of the melee goons closes in on you. Wielding a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, he goes in for a swing. You noticed just in time, but if he had an ever so slightly faster weapon than a slow to swing baseball bat, you would have been in deep trouble. As it stands, however, your only problem is that you don't have any shells remaining in your sawedoff. You're about to try and grab the bat, rather than dropping your defences to draw a gun. You try to wait out the swing, to try and catch it, but your opponent is quicker than that! She jabs you with the tip of her bat, knocking the air out of you and sending you back. Just as she's about to club your head in, you hear some more gunshots. Three shots from the side, and baseball bat is down for the count.
Shit! You swear as you come to your senses again. Apart from a bloody nose, you came out of this unscathed. All thanks to Blitz.
You can see that the other goon with the melee weapon (a golf club, of all things) lying dead in front of Rotface. There's not much left of the head, clearly riddled with bullets.
Those were my last rounds. Damn it all...
You have some more back at camp, right?
Sure. As long as you smoothskins don't need more help from me, we'll be fucking peachy.
Watch the fucking swears, asshole, we have a kid with us.
Blitz giggles at your comment. You give the best shit-eating smirk you can muster, but Rotface doesn't seem to be in the mood for jokes. Yeah, he's still a bit nettled, alright.

The raiders didn't have anything interesting on them. Hell, the guy with the .357 didn't even have extra ammo on him. Three rounds, and that's it. The one with the automatic had one more magazine on her, though, and it fits Rotface's gun. They didn't have two caps to rub together, though considering they were robbing people on the road with no ammo and two makeshift clubs, that shouldn't be a surprise. You do steal their clothing, though. None of them had armor worth a damn, but you were in need of an intact shirt. The leader had one in your size, even!
The fabric isn't very comfy, but it's better than bandages and the ruined remains of a shirt. (+1 DT)
At any rate, the encounter didn't mean much. You recollect your caps off the ground, and reach the quarry just a little while later. The hole in the ground looms in the distance, and you can tell your group has been making some adjustments. For starters, they started planting pikes in the ground, and they're sharp on two ends. That isn't very special by itself, if it wasn't for the fact that on a few of those pikes one can also see a head. Several of the formely white(ish) rocks have been painted red. You doubt that it's paint, but most of what it says seems to be a tad mean-spirited. Nobody seems to be around, at first, but you can't take more than two steps inside the shade of the quarry before you hear a thump from behind you.
A masked man, wielding knuckles and looking really big and really mean.
Sup, Shaky. You say, giving a nod to the disguised man. The shape is taken aback for a moment, before he tears off his mask. Yep, that's Shaky alright.
Hah! I t-thought you d-died! He says, sounding rather happy to see you. Especially Blitz. Of course, his expression quickly turns to confusion.
Hold up... Where's Crackle?
He... didn't make it. Flamethrower blew up. You say. Tactically leaving out the exact way he died. Blitz is looking ashamed as you mention it, and you hope she doesn't say it. Of course, she's not the main risk, here.
...Yeah. Surrounded by a bunch of mutant savages. They got all of us pretty good, but there was a doctor.
Ahh, shit. Sorry, man. I knew you were close to him.
What's this I hear about casualties!? You hear Ellis' voice from the side, behind a rock.
Well, hi Ellis.
Save it. Where the fuck is Crackle?
He's dead, boss. Flamethrower malfunction. We barely made it out alive.
Ellis scowls at you in disgust.
Of course you did. Is this how you lead your men, Diaz? You all look like shit, and what did you even fucking get out of it!? Don't tell me that fucking robot was the prize!?
You dump your sack of caps on the floor, causing it to spill. And then, you remove the backpack and gingerly place it on the ground, showing off the egg.
I also got us allies; a free spot to work at, which is where i fixed up the robot; and a store with weapons that have re-usable ammo.
You stare him right in the eyes as you go through it. He doesn't seem affected.
Was it worth Crackle?
It was worth the risk.

Like a bolt from the blue, another voice comes forward. Tenderloin is strolling in, from even farther back. Behind her, you can see Whisper and... some guy? He's new, but you recognize him from somewhere.
HEY! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FAGGOTS TALKING ABOUT!? She screams.
Mh. Don't mind her, she found some psycho a little while ago. Shaky carefully says.
Mind your tone, you junkie.
Mind your FACE, "Boss". Ohhh, shit! Chief! Where the fuck have you been?
Around. Got some good loot. Looks like you're up and running again.
Breathing still hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER. But fuck it, I'm not gonna lie down with a thumb up my ass all day.
How much psycho did you take?
Fuck you.
Nice, good talk.
Tenderloin swaggers over, and kneels down next to Blitz.
Heyyy, how's my favorite little ragamuffin? Killed anything cool?
Mutants.
Fuckin' A! Give 'er here! She raises up her fist, and Blitz was with it enough to make the bump.

Well, that's a nice reunion. What do you do next? You could talk strategy, meet up with everybody more extensively, hear if there's any problems. Maybe you could check around the quarry, see what else is new?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »

yep, overall this was an advantageous, but it soured a bit the mood with our allies

we should first know what has passed in our absence, who is the new guy how is the camp now or how is the city reacting, discover if someone got info from inside etc.
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 28, 2019, 06:41:51 am »

yep, overall this was an advantageous, but it soured a bit the mood with our allies

we should first know what has passed in our absence, who is the new guy how is the camp now or how is the city reacting, discover if someone got info from inside etc.
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2019, 05:12:34 pm »

So what the hell happened while I was out?
Because I had a little wound they were too chickenshit to do anything. So they just stuck around and started fancying up the place like a buncha fuckin' faggots! Tenderloin says, with varying amounts of volume to her voice. It's typical of psycho use, alright.
Where did you get psycho?
Hey, just cuz they didn't do shit doesn't mean some retard didn't come through. It was just the one guy, tried to sneak around the quarry. Fortunately, Nubsy shot 'im.
Eeyup. Hard shot, but I managed.
We're fairly certain it was just a junkie collecting some fresh hits from over yonder. What's the name of that place, anyhow? Ellis asks.
They call it The Dump. They had some Cajun name for it, but I forgot about it. There's about three factions in that place, by the way, and only one of them's in the drug trade.
Really? What do the others do?
The Blackfingers were the ones I helped out, they build stuff. Then you had slavers, and finally the druggies. They just about ruined that town, too, junkies wandering around everywhere. Seems like mostly jet addiction.
Last place I saw that was hit that bad was Redding. And that's about forty years ago, too. Jet was new, back then. Rotface muses.
Wasn't it more powerful when it first came out?
Addiction rate didn't improve much, though you don't need exceptional stuff to get rid of it any more. And yeah, back then the high lasted way longer. The afterglow wasn't there, though, it was flying or dying. I didn't touch the stuff, seemed too dangerous.
Cool history lesson, back to the point. What else did you get off the guy?
50 caps. He planned on buying, after all. He had two doses of psycho on him, which were *ahum* Appropriated by our dear miss Tenderloin
Eat my ass, Shakes.
Charming. As for out new companion, well... Remember the group that almost got Tenderloin killed? There was this one person that we asked Whisper to take care of. As it turns out, she rather liked the way the boy looked. She took advantage of the boy for a while.
S-she, uh, kind of took advantage, yeah. But it beats dying, that's for sure! And, uh, well... S-she IS kinda pretty.
Blitz shudders a moment. You don't quite know why, though you're kind of sceptical of mister Stockholm Syndrome.
It 'ain't right, making out like animals just a few feet away from us. Not to mention, the boy was tied up when we found him.
Again, I prefer it way above getting killed. And I like you fellas a lot more than my old boss. He liked smacking me around...
Shhh. Whisper shushes him with a hand on his shoulder and a soft, well, whisper.
The boy quits down just about immediately. He's smiling, though.

So she raped the kid?
Uh, no. Again, I'm super-cool with it! And, uh... Y-you know. I may have... Initiated. The, uh, idea.
Whisper blushes a little, an uncommon sight on her otherwise pale visage. It... looks kind of off on her. It's a tad too dark, making her look like a bruised fruit.
We didn't give him a gun, obviously, but he's been helping up setting up some more defences. There's a couple tripwires hookes up around here.
Whoah. What are they connected to? Blitz seems really interested in traps, for some reason. Past experiences?
Nothing. They're just to make people trip.
Oh... You've never seen a little girl more disappointed at the fact that her home ISN'T a minefield. Weird kid, sometimes;
Yeah, that's another thing. Where did the heads come from?
We had a couple bodies lying around already. Didn't take much work, other than digging. Tenderloin was more than happy to help chopping, but I forbade her from straining herself. Don't want her to get... What was it Nubsy?
Pneumonia.
Yes, that.
Right, final question. Did the city do anything weird? On that note, why the hell did nobody infiltrate yet? Everybody's still here!
We found out about the kid just as we were about to send Whisper off. They were screwing, and we couldn't quite figure out what to do with it all yet.
I really don't care about what they were doing. The city?
They've been quiet. Nothing new. In fact, the complete lack of people moving is kind of a cause for concern, it's a bit too quiet, you know?
Planning a trap?
We don't know.
Wonderful. Very useful. Right, we'd best get back to it, I suppose.

Make some plans for what to do next. Also, maybe choose if you like these additions to the camp.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer.
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 30, 2019, 02:11:55 am »

We should get a small group that is getting bored of staying on the quarry and go scouting the other parts, first the road of the dogs, I don't remember distances to know if patrolling both roads would be too much for a day, worst case scenario we kill a few of those dogs and claim their meat/leather

but rest for a bit (we just arrived, and plus, we need to do something to heal us because godamn)

ask the newcomer his name or what he want to be called and what he knows to do best, interrupt him on the beginning with something like "No, before you start I am not asking about this! Keep these the details to whisper" just for fun.

At first I thought the heads were too much, but it looks like the town knows about us already (somehow even the drug dealer of the dump knows) so better put a sign on front of the heads "THIS IS THE PRICE OF BETRAYAL, THOSE WHO ARE BLIND ARE DESTINED TO HIS FALL" just to make Bartholomew a bit stressed, and maybe sodom, what? he is already pissed off, maybe he can do dumb decisions

maybe another sign pointing to the dump saying some lie like "Lagniappe have nothing to do with your business"? we planned to try to do some red flag, we did nothing

Maybe it's too late for infiltration?
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 30, 2019, 05:29:26 am »

We should get a small group that is getting bored of staying on the quarry and go scouting the other parts, first the road of the dogs, I don't remember distances to know if patrolling both roads would be too much for a day, worst case scenario we kill a few of those dogs and claim their meat/leather

but rest for a bit (we just arrived, and plus, we need to do something to heal us because godamn)

ask the newcomer his name or what he want to be called and what he knows to do best, interrupt him on the beginning with something like "No, before you start I am not asking about this! Keep these the details to whisper" just for fun.

+1 The signs don't really seem necessary.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 31, 2019, 05:29:46 pm »

Right. Who's bored enough to go scouting? I want somebody to go check the dog road.
The what?
The road close to the cave, there were wild dogs around there, remember?
Dogs are a tad away from the road, actually. Wouldn't be travelled if it wasn't at least a little safe.
Alright, no need to get pedantic. Are you volunteering?
Shaky shuts up after that, and nobody seems to be jumping at the bit to go visiting dog country. After a small pause, however, Tenderloin steps to the plate.
Fuck it, man, i'm hungry for some dog. I'll fuck those dogs up good.
I need somebody to make observations. You seem a tad too psycho'd up to do that.
I'll go. Whisper says. She seems as aloof as ever, but you're not going to look a gift brahmin in the mouth.
Good. If you bag a couple dogs, bring them back here. We might be able to use the hides and meat.
We've still got food for a week, Diaz. There's no need to start eating rabies-afflicted dogs just yet.
How long will the food we have keep?
Most of the stuff's pre-war. Not really an expiration date on these...
So we eat dog for a day, maybe two, and leave the non-perishable stuff for later.
I can see the use in that.
Yeah, I get it too. Just don't bring back too much meat. Oh, and if you find a couple veggies, take them with you.
...This isn't a shopping trip.
Ohhh, but, you know. If you're in the area.
Whisper looks at Nubsy as if he was walking garbage. You're kind of inclined to follow the expression, but you have to admit that if they happen to come across some mutfruit, that'd be great. Tastes like old boot, but a damn nice boot, at least. A vintage boot, if you had to put a name to it!

Right, moving on. You, new guy. Do you have a name? Or at least something other than "the kid"?
Uhh, I mean... my name's just Tim. When I joined up with that gang they called me Bloodgum for, uh, eating three bloodleaf rolls in one go.
Your claim to fame is eating leaves?
Yeah... Did I mention they didn't really respect me? I mean, who the hell takes you seriously with a name like that? They kept saying that I came up with the name, too. It sucked.
I couldn't possibly give less of a shit. Tim it is. And if you tell me about what you do with Whisper I will rip out your heart and show it to you, do you understand?
You say that last part without a hint of irony and a straight face. It took a little doing, but Tim's face was more than worth it [CHR:7]
You put the fear of god in him, alright. At any rate, you elect to just sit down and rest for a moment, let these injuries heal and to come a more relaxed state of mind. It's been a while since you could rest on your own time. Falling into a coma from chugging an energy drink from hell doesn't really count as a "rest". More of a hard reset.
You elect to take a nap, close to Blitz who is already doing the same thing. Naptime isn't really the norm in girls her age, but a time where being dead tired is common and having the freedom to just collapse isn't one that happened a lot. She likes snoozing. That junkyard dog you picked up also nestled up next to her, providing some extra warmth. It's adorable, though you kind of wish the dog had a use outside of "blanket". It's kind of a cowardly creature.
When Blitz wakes up, you'll teach her some more letters. That'd be nice. You elect to start a snooze cruise of your own, though. Cheese Pizza is still warbling out more things about pizza, but it isn't wandering around through the freshly trapped quarry. The wires are actually easily visible, but if one isn't paying attention they'll make you trip.

Is there anything else you want to start planning? It'll take a bit for the scouts to get back.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer.
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42