Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 42871 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »

How about New Vegas Amber, then.

Buy the discounted steady, and head off to pick up the Brahmin.
> Before leaving "Hey fella, if shit get to the fan, maybe I can offer some cover if it's in my reach"

>Put the scrap leg armor/scrap arm armor if it isn't equipped yet

>Buy the steady -60 caps (57 caps left)

>buy bullets, how much? 5 .357 (-15 caps) and 10 shells? (-20 caps total -35, we will have 22 caps left it's okay for me).

>Check the pipeboy for everything useful

>Quest go

>Ask Tenderloin about what she knows of the city on the way, it's factions and the faction's powers or whatever she knows

1+ Why not
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:46:53 pm by Basil ii »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2018, 07:05:21 pm »

How would that even work? One's an inhaler, the other's a damned needle.
Well the obvious would be to have twin tubes, pierce the lung then inject into the blood behind the lung while a side-outlet injects into the lungs directly. Add in a self-sealant, maybe somethign that becomes sticky upon contact with air so that it only catches on exposed surfaces? Or just inject it directly into the brain via the nose... [/mad science]
bank crits.
You don't know what that means, exactly, and the explanation that says:
Whenever you get a crit on something, you now have the ability to bank it instead of doing it.
Time for a 5-day long montage of stabbing radroaches![/shameless cheating]
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2018, 05:25:20 am »

How about New Vegas Amber, then.

Buy the discounted steady, and head off to pick up the Brahmin.
> Before leaving "Hey fella, if shit get to the fan, maybe I can offer some cover if it's in my reach"

>Put the scrap leg armor/scrap arm armor if it isn't equipped yet

>Buy the steady -60 caps (57 caps left)

>buy bullets, how much? 5 .357 (-15 caps) and 10 shells? (-20 caps total -35, we will have 22 caps left it's okay for me).

>Check the pipeboy for everything useful

>Quest go

>Ask Tenderloin about what she knows of the city on the way, it's factions and the faction's powers or whatever she knows

1+ Why not
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2018, 05:50:23 am »

How would that even work? One's an inhaler, the other's a damned needle.
Well the obvious would be to have twin tubes, pierce the lung then inject into the blood behind the lung while a side-outlet injects into the lungs directly. Add in a self-sealant, maybe somethign that becomes sticky upon contact with air so that it only catches on exposed surfaces? Or just inject it directly into the brain via the nose... [/mad science]
bank crits.
You don't know what that means, exactly, and the explanation that says:
Whenever you get a crit on something, you now have the ability to bank it instead of doing it.
Time for a 5-day long montage of stabbing radroaches![/shameless cheating]

Haha! I forgo to mention that you can only have a single crit saved up, didn't I?
Now, I'm not just here to mock you for getting your cheating curbed (really, it's just clever to think of it, good on you!). But I wanted to ask something of the viewers: I want to make this game slightly more accessible for people that are unfamiliar with the Fallout universe, meaning I'll be adding a sort of archive (in google docs) that explains a few concepts. (Such as, what exactly is a gecko (size and danger) and what is Jet and what are its effects)
Your character is already really gifted in general Fallout knowledge, but it just seems like a good plan to have more explanations. Some things will remain muddled, to prevent metagaming (for instance, your character knows a couple of Rob-Co products, but does not know where to find their factories and the like. He doesn't know anything about the vaults beyond "bunker", that sort of thing.)

Would you prefer a link to the google doc archive in every update, or should I keep it to just the first post?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2018, 05:56:24 am »

Quote from: Liquefied spleens
Would you prefer a link to the google doc archive in every update, or should I keep it to just
the first post?

Let’s make it simple keep it in the first post.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:13:40 am by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2018, 11:39:25 am »

On the first post is enough
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2018, 04:04:56 pm »

As you look at the maps, you notice that it failed to take heed of the fact you actually filled up your water bottles. A quick tap fixes that little discrepancy though, and now it accurately displays the full eight bottles of water. While you're rummaging around in your backpack, you decide to bite the bullet and attach those solid lumps of tetanus you call armor to your body. The straps are rough, but it's probably better than taking the hit outright. (DT improved by 2). Before you leave the pump, though, you turn to the large man.
Hey, fella? If you're ever in trouble, you're free to come run with us. We can always use another man.
Hm. Careful now. If Sodom hears you're trying to recruit his guys, he's likely to come down on you with the wrath of an angry god. I'll be nice and not mention it... You seem pretty new. Be careful, alright?
...Right. Thanks.
Run along now, before people see.
You leave the man to his business to get to yours. You tell Tenderloin to stay behind a little longer as you go buy some things from the merchant. You still don't like that slimeball, but a job's a job and steady... is steady.
Hm? Back already?
Just to buy something. I'll take that dose of steady and...
You feel your hands calming already as you just HOLD the bottle of life-saving medicine. You let a smile creep on your face, but you focus before taking it. You need some bullets, as well.
A small calculation later, you figure out what you should get, bullets-wise. 5 .357 bullets, more of an emergency fund than real use, and ten shotgun shells. You count your lucky stars again that you happened to come across this beautiful shotgun. Although, come to think of it, you probably could have taken barrel's shotgun when you snuck out of the tent when you got raided. Oh well, if you dwell on the past you'll never get to the now.
You place the shells in your backpack and return to Tenderloin to just spend some time as you wait for the hour to pass. Might as well ask what she knows about the town.

This place? A bit of a hole in the ground, though it manages to keep itself afloat through trade. It's a place for people to feed their brahmin on the way to more important towns.
Really now? What would those towns even be? My previous group didn't exactly stick around civilised humanity a whole lot before we got our shit pushed in.
Shit, I don't even know the name... I think there's a town about... i don't know, a day's walk to the... uh... right of the sun in the morning. What's the name of that again?
South?
Yeah! You got it. Man, I'm not good with directions. Some trader explained it to me, but it just wouldn't stick... Hey, you got any guzz on you?
No. Don't huff that shit, it's terrible.
Ahh, shit. You're probably right. Alright, shit, as long as I'm with you, I'll stay clean of the guzz. No promise on jet, though, I'm way too good of a pilot to let that slide.
"Pilot"? Shit, that is some old-ass slang.
Can't help it. My mom was from Reno, she kept up the talk for as long as she was alive. Which wasn't long, mind you. Just about popped me out, doubled up on her drugs and died when i was ten. At least I got to keep her drugs. But hey.
Didn't have a dad?
Nah, he went ghoul and the city kicked him out after he started stinking up the place. Didn't help he started glowing, makin' people sick.
Ugh, fucking zombies.
They aren't all zombies, dude, some of 'em are alright.
Dead ones, maybe.
Eh, that's on you. I mean, I hate ferals too. They stink up my blades.
Blitz, meanwhile, is making sandcastles (ashcastles) while you're just waiting around. You were lucky enough to have some shade, of course, there is no loitering law in this place. When you figure it's been long enough, you get up and stretch a bit.

I'll see you outside of town. Don't make me wait. Blitz! Follow me. The kid follows you without complaints. During the short walk from the shade to the merchant, you look around in your pip-boy for anything else that might be useful. There's not much more to find, from what you can tell, though you place a pin on the map system as to where that town Tenderloin was talking about should be. The pip-boy only shows a black screen there, and the road to the cave isn't mapped out yet, either. It cleared itself of all data, after all. Well, regardless of whatever else is going on in that thing, you just can't find it right now. (Science:13) As accessible as the device is, it's not like you know much about computers.
Oh well.
The merchant is already standing ready with that brahmin he mentioned. The two-headed cow moos softly at your approach, and you note that it certainly looks like a gentle beast. It has only a single box on its back, a very light load for a beast like that. You also note that the left head of the beast looks a bit scarred. From what, you can't quite tell. Still, it isn't skittish, so it's probably fine.
Here she is, our very own Mary! Now, she's as gentle as she looks, so just pull her reigns to get her to come along. Uh, don't hang around her back end, though, she delivers a mean kick is she wants to.
I'll keep that in mind. I'll see you in a while, then.
Let's hope, my dearest employee, let us hope.
Ominous. Well, whatever.

You start walking the brahmin towards the cave, picking up tenderloin before after a short distance out of town. After only a very short distance, Blitz tugs on your sleeve.
C-can I... Can I ride the brahmin?
...Well, She's not carrying much. I don't care.
Blitz' eyes light up as her face rapidly adopts something that is clearly still very new to her: A massive, ear-to-ear smile as she silently squeals in delight, at a frequency that can only be heard by dogs if you had to guess. Tenderloin laughs at the sight, clearly charmed by the kid's barely restrained energy. With a sigh, you pick her up and place her on the Brahmin's back, just in front of the case of drugs. She decides against holding back her laughter, and she sounds positively delighted, even scratching the cow(-like mutant) behind the ears. The creature's response is rather simple.
Moo.
Simple enough. You spend most of the journey like that, until you suddenly notice something in the distance. It was only a vague glint, but it was enough. you pull Blitz down from the cow, so she sn't as easy of a target, and carefully look ahead.
Looks like... two people, each holding guns. It's too far away to tell, but you've got a dune to hide against for right now. They're about 30 meters from you, but two guys already wielding their weapons in the ashen plains? Suspicious at best.
You should probably huff the steady now. Yeah, now's a damned good time for it!
What now?

Pip-boy color changed! Would you like to keep this color?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 10.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 0/400

I'll get started on the archive tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:41:39 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2018, 05:48:06 pm »

>Steady-time

>see what this VAT targeting can make, target specific parts where we can make the most damage OR disarm them easily, their bullets shall be ours

> tell tenderloin and  blitz to surround them, and blitz should stop firing when tenderloin get's too close

I think I will write with ">" forever, I hate writing this way why I am doing this?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2018, 01:26:50 am »

>Steady-time

>see what this VAT targeting can make, target specific parts where we can make the most damage OR disarm them easily, their bullets shall be ours

> tell tenderloin and  blitz to surround them, and blitz should stop firing when tenderloin get's too close

I think I will write with ">" forever, I hate writing this way why I am doing this?
1+ how did I miss this update?!.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2018, 03:31:58 am »

Diaz: Zombies are terrible.
Tenderloin: Ghouls can be tolerated.
Diaz: Only good zed is a ded zed.
Tenderloin: Ferals DO smell terrible...
Blitz: Radcastles!!!

She'll be so happy when she becomes her own night-light...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2018, 11:57:03 am »

>Steady-time

1+ how did I miss this update?!.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2018, 02:13:28 pm »

I will not be able to update today. It's time for me to retry a couple of exams, so I don't quite have the time. I love writing this stuff, but I'm afraid that the exams have a more pressing effect on my life. I'll try to update tomorrow, but things might be a bit sporadic for the next few days. I guarantee things will be back to normal starting from the 20 of August onward.

It also might interest you to know I placed the archive at the first post, currently explaining: Ghouls, Super Mutants and Geckos(all types)
Neat stuff I do:

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2018, 02:15:45 pm »

I will not be able to update today. It's time for me to retry a couple of exams, so I don't quite have the time. I love writing this stuff, but I'm afraid that the exams have a more pressing effect on my life. I'll try to update tomorrow, but things might be a bit sporadic for the next few days. I guarantee things will be back to normal starting from the 20 of August onward.

It also might interest you to know I placed the archive at the first post, currently explaining: Ghouls, Super Mutants and Geckos(all types)

take your time :) the exams are important after all
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:22:16 pm by Basil ii »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2018, 11:23:08 am »

Alright, yeah. I think those fellas are fixing to shoot us. You say, mumbeling to yourself a bit.
How do you know? asks the kid. She seems really curious about it all.
Wanna give them the chance? Fuck 'em, we're out in the desert anyhow, nobody will miss them.
Cold. I like it. Tenderloin laughs a little. It's a dark, soft little chuckle, the type you only hear as a prerequisite for some violence. How do you wanna play this?
I'll just, uh, steady my nerves a bit, and start taking them down. Time to see just how good this VATS stuff works.
What's that?
That fancy bracelet he's got lets him shoot better... What are we and the kid doing, meanwhile, or are we just sitting here with a thumb up our ass?
Best if you didn't. I'll get into a good shooting position while you flank them. Kid? Remember that trick with the ashes? Just roll around a bit and keep low. They're not expecting to be ambushed.
Right. I'll go the other way, got it kid? How good are you with that pistol?
She had it less than a day. Try to stand out when you charge.
I'll be really careful!
You'd better. You and Tenderloin say, at the same time. You share a glance at eachother, while you pull out your dose of steady.

You don't pay too much attention to your two companions currently covering themselves in ash. You note both of them don't dig too deep, making sure to reach around. You probably should have told the kid to be careful with her ash-castles earlier, but she seems to get the point pretty well. Nothing to worry about!  You just take a deep huff from your canister of steady, and it honestly feels like a you're remembering what its like to just live. How the hell do you survive this long without a hit? The worst one you had was about two weeks, and the way you solved that predicament was... unsavory. Well, anyhow, you feel like you could shoot the eye of a bloatfly at a hundred paces. As your companions sneak around, you activate VATS with a press of a button. After a short buzz, the pip-boy comes to life and shows you the figure you're aiming at. They look like they were scanned, and a green texture is over their "models". As you aim your pistol, you see percentages appear over different parts of the body, changing as you point your gun. Of course...
A .357 just can't hit anything at this range. The effective range of this thing isn't that great, even with your steady boost. There's wind to account for, and unrealistic bullet physics for the sake of challenge. However, the fact that you're still getting percentages seems to imply that your steady boost is really friggin' substantial. Still, you're not risking a 50% shot to hit their torso. Looks like you're coming closer as well. You cover youself in a thin layer of as, and crawl forward. You can see Tenderloin is already quite close, though it's about ten more meters before she can actually reach. The kid isn't nearly as fast, being around 20 meters away from these poor fools. Tenderloin might be more fleet-footed than she appears.
Considering you still need to sneak closer as well, you figure Blitz will figure it out by the time you're in range.

Sneak: 99. The dunes may appear barren and coverless, but you quickly figure out just where to crawl to get nice and close. Eventually, your pipboy claims to have a solid 95 percent chance to hit. You figure that's well within the acceptable ranges, and take a deep breath to make the killshot. With steady in your system, there's no reason not to go for headshots. It's not as if you'll miss. The Kid stands ready to fire, and Tenderloin is just waiting for a signal. You slowly pull the trigger, revelling at the sight of the hammer slamming forward. You swear you can see the little cube of acute lead poisoning fly, even if it was for just a fraction of a second. It enters the temple of the victim, and in your state of hightened awareness, you can see the skull crack and split as the pieces of brain matter go flying. His friend starts screaming, and quickly opens fire before he's even aiming. Blitz starts firing her own pistol, firing twice by the time you pulled back the hammer. She doesn't hit anything, mind you, and just as you're about to fire again, Tenderloin comes in from behind and slams her machete against the neck of the other man. He violently seizes up for a moment, bullets flying every which way from his submachinegun. All of those bullets just enter the ashes next to his foot, however, and the body goes completely limp when the machete is removed.
Blitz fired off yet more shots, and only her fourth and final shot actually hit the target. Poor show!
KID! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T FIRE! Tenderloin yells, though she isn't angry about it, or at least no more than if somebody bumped into her rather than risking to ventilate her body.
I-I'M SORRY! DID YOU GET HIT!?
I'M STILL YELLIN', AREN'T I?
You all come together around the corpses. Well, time for the ancient post-apocalyptic arts of free shit. You rub your hands with glee as you prepare to look through their pockets.

So, the guns were easy enough to figure out, obviously. Two submachine guns, though they use different calibres. The guy you personally perforated was the proud owner of a micro uzi. Chambered for millimeter, this gun can fire its entire magazine in the blink of an eye.
That's about the only thing it has going for it. This thing is too heavy for accurate bursts, and too light for a stream of bullets. Not to mention, you don't have nearly enough bullets to keep that thing supplied, even with all the rounds the guy had on him, you've only got about 65 9mm bullets. That's enough for three reloads at best. The magazine capacity isn't great for something that fires that fast. Really, it's probably best to keep the pistol going, even if it is kind of a cheap gun. But, at least you can sell this bangstick.
The second customer, however, had a much more interesting sub-machine gun, though he sadly pissed away his entire magazine in his panic/convulsions from having a machete rammed in its central nervous system. A 10mm submachine gun, a bit more complex than you're used to, the blocky design and plethora of rails make it a bit hard to carry. But the 10mm round allows for relatively high power and low recoil, allowing it to do its job properly. Still, the asshole only had one extra magazine in his pocket, so that's a shame.

Other than that, they don't have much. About fifty caps between them (56, to be exact) and a solid pair of boots that Tenderloin is quick to appropriate. You also steal the guy's shirt, which seems to be in a better condition than yours, blood stains not withstanding. The guys themselves certainly looked like raiders, though. Shitty hair, for one, a buzzcut and a mohawk, and the guy you shot in the noggin has a wide collection of scars. The other guy is nearly pristine, other than the large chunk missing from his neck. Otherwise, they're empty. Not a total waste, though, you got more bullets than you spent (though you aren't getting the .357 back) and some spending money. Not to mention Tenderloin looks real pleased about the boots.
Well, time to get the brahmin and keep moving.

The rest of the journey is uneventful, apart from a dead ghoul. Seems to have died of thirst, against the odds. Tenderloin still cuts the head off, just to make sure. You introduce the concept of a double tap to Blitz, in the meantime. The ghoul was naked, of course, nothing on him. When you arrive, you see that there's a guy waiting for you. Just in case, you keep your weapon handy.
Well, shit. Look what it is.
You the guy Bartholomew wanted?
Correct. Now, you wouldn't mind if I were to go ahead and check the merch, would you?
The guy is as greasy as they come. He clearly tried to style a pompadour, but he doesn't have the hair or complexity for it. The guy's a ginger, for cryin' out loud. Best he could do was a sort of half-afro. You touch your own slab of virile beauty on the top of your head, once again thanking the lord for giving you such great hair, even if it seems to have cost you your height. He compensates with a tough-looking leather jacket, and some ripped jeans. It would probably work if he wasn't wearing fucking socks with sandals.
Fuck me, it's all there. You did good work, my man. BOYS!
You look up, and notice a few others inside the cave. He didn't come alone. You can't see what they have in there, but you doubt they're holding thank you cards.
Now... You didn't happen to come across any trouble along the way, right? No raiders or people... following you?
Why do you care?
Oh, well, y'see, I sent two guys out a while ago, as scouts. To, uh, warn me if anything of interest came by. You might know them from their submachine guns... rare pieces of kit, y'know. I don't care if they died, but... well. Doesn't matter. Did you see those fellas?
C-can we leave?
Ohhh, I wasn't told you were bringin' a kid! Shit, Donovan will like her.
He has a very greasy sort of laugh, the kind that's closer to a roar. You put the kid behind you as she starts clutching your shirt. Tenderloin is starting to bend forward a little, getting into a stance.
Oh, what!? Don't you know how lucrative of a business that can be!? Fuck it. I'll just take it myself!
In a move that he probably thought was going to be really slick, he reveals a switchblade from his sleeve and rushes in to stab you. Of course, you were ready to shoot since he started talking, and you kind of have the upper hand in close quarters combat.
Her name is 12 gauge, and she is a mean bitch.

Gunfire bursts loose from the cave as the ginger idiot goes flying off, but it's inaccurate and only ends up hitting Bessie! The brahmin bellows in fear and alarm, but is soon cut down when a particularly lucky bullet hits it in the spine.
The upside is, you now have something resembling cover.
I won't be able to get close, toss me a gun!

You are getting fired at from a cave about 20 meters away. You cannot see the attackers accurately, but the sheer volume of fire implies that there are at least four with guns. You are currently safe behind a slab of meat that you once called Bessie, but damn it all, this isn't good.
What do you do?

Pip-boy color changed! Would you like to keep this color?

Statistics and inventory.

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 40/400 (Armed opponent 20XP)

LENGTHY UPDATES, WOO WOO!
Neat stuff I do:

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2018, 12:07:20 pm »

Use the dead ghouls as cover we must keep Bessie alive. honestly I can’t really come up with any ideas right now other than trying to throw Bessie at our enemies .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:46:00 pm by Basil ii »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42