Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 42867 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2018, 01:23:39 pm »

Bessie is ALREADY gone

her name now is cover

Does the vat works when only our arm/hand is pointing outside the cover?

maybe we should give tenderloin blitz's gun

or use supressive fire against them while tenderloin get's a better spot

it's not that they are smart enough to not be firing everybody at the same time, sooner or later their guns will need to be recharged
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2018, 05:45:34 am »

I say we give tenderloin blitz's gun and wait for the guys to stop firing then shoot them from cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisian
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2018, 07:38:24 am »

I say we give tenderloin blitz's gun and wait for the guys to stop firing then shoot them from cover.
a plan is better than no plan so 1+

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2018, 03:20:42 pm »

As I warned, I am yet again unable to update. Sorry, fellas, you're just in the bad point of the rotation.
Again, should be normal by the 20'th.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2018, 02:07:39 am »

I say give 'Loin the 10mm, we have no reason to believe that she is a better shot than Blitz, other than her age combined with this being a deathworld. The 10mm is decent, there is less gun-shuffling, and someone is going to be on suppression duty regardless...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2018, 03:31:40 pm »

Blitz! Hand the gun over to Tenderloin! You shout, trying to be heard over the volley of fire coming from the cave. Bessie, that beautiful animal, is serving as some damned fine cover at the moment. The drug case, against the odds, managed to fall behind her, meaning that won't even be affected by this sudden increase of noise of fire. After a few seconds, however, you hear what you were hoping to hear.
Silence.
You pop up from the Brahmin, and your steadied hands have no issue with the range. Your .357 will hit. You make a quick glance at your VATS system, but you don't exactly have the time to calculate the best possibility. The main advantage here is that it confirms that there is, in fact, an idiot on the other end of your line of fire. You fire twice before ducking back down. Tenderloin just started firing the pistol rapidly, though you don't have the state of mind to check how well she's actually doing. The return of rapid-fire bullets is kind of distracting! Still, you're fairly certain you hit at least one of the bandits. This is something you can hopefully keep up, though your cover is rapidly deteriorating. It's a very solid beast, of course, but it's been taking a LOT of bullets. When another lull in the firing happens, you pop up again to fire. Another hit, and you hear another guy yell a name. Must have been a close friend or brother. Good, two for one, a crying man can't aim for shit. Tenderloin, meanwhile, is already down two clips. You're not noticing much difference from her firing...
(PERC: 5)
You finally notice that she's basically not aiming at all. Matter of fact, she's holding the gun sideways and squeezing one eye shut. The wrong one, mind you.
FOR FUCKS SAKE! HAVE YOU NEVER FIRED A FUCKING GUN BEFORE?
I USE SHOTTIES AT BEST!
GIVE IT BACK TO THE FUCKING KID AND JUST KEEP A GOD-DAMNED LOOKOUT!
Of course. The one person in the entire wasteland that doesn't know guns. Fucking fantastic.

The amount of guns from the cave has been reduced severely. You figure they're either waiting for you to pop your head out, or they've spent all their ammo. You decide to risk a peek, at the side of your deceased brahmin, and notice that they're bringing in some more unique weaponry.
They've got a riot shield.
What!?
Tenderloin looks between the two mutilated heads of the brahmin, and sees what you did. A massive guy with an equally massive shield is slowly advancing on you. The fact that he's wielding what looks to be a sledgehammer with nails welded to it in his other hand implies that you REALLY don't want to get hit by that. He's carrying both those things like they're nothing, no WAY he's human!
Fuck! What now!? Tenderloin yells, before pulling back as another bullet hits the ash in front of her. To your surprise, Blitz is the one to come with a plan first.
G-GIVE TENDER THE SMIG! SHIELDS ONLY WORK ON ONE SIDE!
Shit, why didn't that occur to you!? Int:4
You throw her the 10mm submachine gun, which she fumbles for a moment before catching it. You also toss her the full magazine, and she can at least reload after a bit.
Somebody's gonna need to distract him. I'll do it, I'm faster than the both of you.
...Go for it.
Oh come on! Not even gonna TRY to talk me out of it!? Fuck it, here I- FUCK! Suddenly, a massive hammer comes crashing down towards her head, causing her to just barely dodge. Behind the massive spikey shield (is that a modified car door?) is an equally massive man. Not a super mutant, to your surprise, though it's hard to tell through his thick clothing. He instantly turns around and swings his spiked hammer in an arc, though he fortunately misjudged the distance. More bullets go flying, though not nearly as much as before. The idiots in the cave really did waste their ammo...

With the options of "get crushed into a paste" and "maybe get hit by a bullet" you prefer the maybe part. You run forward, and your companions do the same. With three directions that need shielding, the shield-guy prefers to aim for you, and starts running! He was slow before, but now he wants you dead as soon as possible. You resist the urge to yell as more ash flies up from errand bullets, but Tenderloin has enough state of mind to at least start firing her 10 mil at the hulking figure.
If you had to grade it, it would be an F. For sure. She wastes nearly the entire magazine in a blink, but manages to strike the giant five times. Not enough to kill him, considering the thick clothing and massive body, but enough for him to take a step back from you. He turns away, and you fire your own shot from your .357.
You don't know how you did it, but you managed to hit him right where you'd want to. The legendary apricot: the back of the neck and straight into the brain. The man goes stiff as a board for a few moments, twitching violently, and then falls to the floor.(Crit roll= 97) With the bullets still flying, you slide behind the fresh bit of cover. Thank god they can't hit for shit at this range, though you feel as though you may have gotten a bit lucky. (Luck: 20) (CRIT! Would you like to bank this, or gain a special buff next update?)
Against the odds, the man's corpse has the shield facing the cave, leaving you in a much better position, albeit further away. You think you can lift that shield, but you'd need time to properly lift it up due to your size (damn you 5'5" genes!). You're not about to risk that. You decide this colossus will do as decent cover for now. When you look back at your allies, you see Blitz as back behind the dead brahmin, taking cover to the best of her ability. Tenderloin, however...
You see her near the cave. She must have gone around while the firing squad inside was focusing on you. How did she sneak past people that were actively looking at her? She must have gotten lucky.
Again.
You feel as though some kind of god is looking down on you and smiling. The god of random number generators, to be precise, which seems like a very specific deity but it does seem accurate.

The amount of bullets has clearly been reduced to a bare minimum. It sounds like only one gun is still firing, a varmint rifle to be precise. At 25 meters, you're not in a good position to shoot people, not to mention you're down to the last bullet in your revolver. You'd need to reload first, but you suspect Tenderloin is going to do something rash, guessing from the dramatic way she just unsheathed her machetes. No matter how good she is with those machetes, she has a recent bite wound and there are a lot of people to fight.

Maybe you should do something rash, or maybe you should just wait around. Maybe look at Blitz, maybe she got hurt.
What can you do here?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 120/400 (Armed opponent 20XP) (Nomad Crusher 40XP)

The rolls here have been friggin' unreal. You weren't supposed to spend so little bullets on the crusher.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2018, 03:35:04 pm »

do not bank the critical after that Look at blitz anymore ideas guys?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 03:37:35 pm by Basil ii »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »

Rash is good. I love rash!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2018, 07:20:35 am »

Don't bank the crit and do something rash.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2018, 08:32:58 am »

1+ Why not?.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2018, 11:28:11 am »

Remember to laugh like a maniacal to strike fear in their hearts
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2018, 11:32:00 am »

Remember to laugh like a maniacal to strike fear in their hearts
1+ Also this

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2018, 12:35:00 am »

1+ Why not?.
+1 and we can't forget the laughing either.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2018, 12:36:47 am »

1+ Why not?.
+1 and we can't forget the laughing either.
dude that’s a critical part of the plan.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2018, 08:24:58 am »

Late update due to site maintenance.

Theme

(Click to open)

Well, alright. Time to get serious and throw caution to the wind. You put away the revolver and then pull out your sawed-off and the submachine gun. One in each hand. You start moving towards the collection of raiders, slowly at first, but it doesn't take long before you break into an outright sprint. A shout is leaving your lips before you even realize it, and you aim both your guns at the general direction of the cave. Tenderloin looks shocked, but when you've closed the distance enough you unleash hell. Your SMG roars the song of war into the steadily more visible crooks, and the last one with a gun has just dropped it in fear at the sight of the man roaring and laughing while sprinting forward. Your SMG clicks empty after two seconds of continuous fire, the screams from the raiders make it clear you were successful in the assault.  You're close enough to get a look at the other raiders. Most are wielding melee weapons and looking plenty nervous, and the biggest guy there, wielding a spiked baseball bat, runs towards you with gusto and a yell of his own. You throw the now empty submachine gun at the man's head, beaning him across the face hard enough to stun him for just a moment. Using your momentum, you shoulder-tackle the guy as you pull out your shank and, well, shank him. As he falls, you find yourself able to jam the rebar into his chin and out his eye, lodging it stuck. You pick up the bat instead, and rush towards another fighter. You start laughing before jumping and attempting to crash the bat into another idiot. That one blocks the blow easily, but you give him a loud reminder that your other hand still holds a shotgun. You send him flying back, his internals rapidly becoming externals as you turn to the next fool. You attempt a clumsy swing of the bat, and actually succeed in crashing the bat into your enemy's side, but his thick clothing and your clumsy swing cause it to be little more than a flesh wound. You expend your second blast to stop him from braining you over the head with a lead pipe, but then you feel a distinct punch to your side, and you turn around. A sneaky little bitch flanked you, can't be older than fourteen. With your bat lodged and your shotgun empty, you resort to backhanding the little shit back before flipping the shotgun around and cracking her over the head with the sharper handle.

*Crack*

You hear more screaming from behind you, and see that Tenderloin has landed, killing two raiders at once as she does so. They were huddled up, and her machetes coupled with the momentum from the fall outright split skulls in two. Damn that's great! Your guts full of fire and your eyes seeing red, you pick up another weapon off the floor, the lead pipe from your second shotgun victim, and rush to three remaining raiders, all wielding knives and clearly terrified. You don't care, you're the motherfucking juggernaut!
DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
A shoulder charge to the front-most member of the group lifts the figure up and crushes him against the floor, knocking the air out and causing him to fall the floor. Tenderloin is quick to follow, stabbing one through the gut and using her other machete to cut his head off in one fast, brutal motion. You think she's laughing as well, but you can't hear her over your own enjoyment. You suddenly feel a sudden barrage of pain across your left arm, the remaining female member of the group is slashing at you with a rusted old kitchen knife. You uppercut her in the groin, and let it be said that she really took it like a man.
That is to say, it hurt like a motherfucker.
She buckles forward a bit, and you quickdraw your .357 and jam it under her chin.
Cunt! You yell, before pulling the trigger and reducing her head to only half of one, her remaining eye oddly twitches as she dies.
That gun-wielding bitch went inside, I'm going after him!
You don't even honor that with a response, you rush inside, using your memory to remember the location of the ladder. Sadly, you're not quite clever enough to remember it properly, and you fall down with the grace of a sack of potatoes. Against the odds, you remember to tuck and roll, only managing to wind yourself from the short drop. That's not to say it didn't hurt. Groaning in pain and fury, you run forward some more until you find the hiding little shit, behind the boxes you found Tenderloin.
He's kneeling down, giving you the perfect angle to knee the little bitch in the face, leaving him lying down. Once there, you plant yourself over him, locking him down with your legs as you savagely start beating him. Again and again your firsts strike his face, claw at his throat, grab his shoulders and slam them against the rocks... His begging stops after only a minute, but you keep going for far, far longer. You stopped laughing a while ago, but you don't remember when.

Theme
You don't even remember when you started by the time you finish, but you do finally calm down again, your heart feeling like it's going to burst out of your chest. The person you were punching has essentially been reduced to a red smear, the nose broken beyond repair, an eye crushed, and a distinct dent in the skull. Your knuckles are bleeding, and you feel, all at once, that you might have overdone it a bit there.
The exertion isn't the only thing that hurts right now. You took some more damage than you thought, and you feel a stabbing sensation in your side. The kid that "punched" you seems to have left a switchblade in there. Well... Shit. If you're not dead yet, it's likely that it's just a fleshwound, but you've still got a knife wound in you.
You shakily get up, panting from exertion and groaning from the pain. God damn it, why did you do that?
Looking at the bloody corpse you left behind, you then look at your hands. That was... overkill. By a large margin. You stumble forward, wondering where your companions went. You force yourself to climb the ladder, clenching your teeth as the knife wound makes it's displeasure known. Even breathing kind of stings, likely from the fall you took. When you get up, you see Tenderloin is looting the bodies with Blitz. They both look at you with wide-open eyes, wary.
...What? Do I have something on my face?
That was scary.
You, uh, you've got some brain on your hair. From that lady you pointblanked.
You reach up, and find the piece of grey matter pretty quick. Didn't end up in your hair, mind you, that thing is a platform of virility and hair gel.
So, did you just take a hit of psycho or do you always fight like that?
I, uh, don't know... Finding anything good?
Just caps and pieces of tubing, mostly. They spent all their bullets. The guns aren't anything special. One varmint rifle, two 9mils, three 9mil pistols... Most of them look rusty as shit.
Nothing great, then... Fuck it, we'll sell them. But first... Lemme just take a fucking break. It's a long fucking walk back.
Yeah... You realize you have a knife in you?
Ah, just... leave that in. It didn't hit anything too vital and... Well, I can pay the doctor. I think it's nothing more than a stitch, it's not a big knife.
Sure thing, Your crazy asshole... Anyway, Me n' Blitz got the loot together. Some leather scraps to wear, the weapons I just mentioned and, uh, all together around 120 caps.
Surprised you can count that high.
Har har. she shakes her head side to side, rolling her eyes.  I'm more than I appear. Especially when I'm not huffing.
I got that. The full sentences tipped me off.
Hah! Anyhow, we should probably get moving. Between the three of us, we should be able to carry all this crap. I'll take your bag, though, no need to worsen that wound... Also, is that your blood on your arm?
You look at the collection of cuts along your arm. Nothing that went deep. Good thing it was a crap knife, you suppose. Regardless, though, you might as well wrap that up a bit, you're bleeding all over the place. And you need that stuff. You tear the clothes of one of the dead raiders using one of the sharper weapons they left behind. An old kitchen knife that looks like it was actually cleaned every once in a while. It'll be a fine replacement for your shank you figure. It's not a very big knife, mostly one for cutting carrots and the like, but it's got a solid grip and an edge, on top of probably being sharper than your rebar. Though you think it might be just a tad harder to whip out. Nothing special.
You and your party all enjoy a drink of water. This spends two water bottles.

Well, you take a look at the loot before you start moving, and try to think if you need to get something else done.

Loot:
Carry restrictions: Every piece of loot has a unit of size and weight attached to it. You can take most of this without much of a change in your traveltime, but the heavier pieces need to be taken into account. You might need to leave pieces behind if you want the heavy, but powerful bonuses.

Statistics and inventory. Perk gained!

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 240/400 (Armed opponent 20XP) (Nomad Crusher 40XP) (Melee opponent: 10XP)

I'm never sure about my action scenes. Hope you fellas liked it. Also, the update was delayed by site maintenance.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:49:08 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42