Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Diplomacy: Next step for messengers  (Read 14540 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Next step for messengers
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2018, 09:20:03 pm »

I still don’t get why you’re so against this idea? Like, you say it’s a terrifying cheat-code to be able to take control of your civl leader x and make them kill them self to end a war... but there’s equally nothing stopping you for creating a brand new hearthperson  of that leader, walking up to him and stabbing him with the free iron dagger.
Basically this. Just go the whole hog.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2018, 11:42:04 pm »

Toady said in FotF that he's considering a world gen option to allow possession of anyone. He said he doesn't want the player to get tempted.

I still don’t get why you’re so against this idea? Like, you say it’s a terrifying cheat-code to be able to take control of your civl leader x and make them kill them self to end a war... but there’s equally nothing stopping you for creating a brand new hearthperson  of that leader, walking up to him and stabbing him with the free iron dagger.
If you can actually succeed at killing him is another matter.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2018, 12:05:31 am »

Toady said in FotF that he's considering a world gen option to allow possession of anyone. He said he doesn't want the player to get tempted.
Yay. Now, can we go back to actually discussing messengers?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2018, 06:49:27 am »

You are ignoring my main proporsal. Why not add a switch to this effect?

Why not allow people to save and reload the game?

The difference is if you kill them then a new leader just takes over, while if you possess the existing leader then you can actually deliberately lead the whole civilization to ruin.  That in effect provides a get-out clause if the player is engaging in stupid diplomacy, they just take over the leader that opposes them and get themselves off the hook.   

Yay. Now, can we go back to actually discussing messengers?

I think I will start a new thread to continue the historical character discussion separately from this thread. 

Here is the new thread
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:10:23 am by GoblinCookie »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]