Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fully mouse-enabled in-game overhaul GUI  (Read 1992 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Fully mouse-enabled in-game overhaul GUI
« on: July 06, 2018, 05:10:38 am »

Sorry for the minorly clickbaity title, but that's what it is. It's not finished, in the sense that most of the game's features are not usable through it, but it works, it has few issues besides incompleteness and I feel like a total moron just letting it languish on my github without telling anyone.

Github

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Fully mouse-enabled in-game overhaul GUI
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:31:33 am »

So, noticed this like a dwarf that walks six tiles away after completing a job, tried on a whim and I'm getting this error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In both 44.09-r1 and 44.10-r2. Thinking it might be due address changes, tried 43.05, which gave me this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second run erases the error (at least in latter), but still no show, and checking with dfhack viewscreen remains dwarfmode.

Overwrote raw in both main folder and test save, and enabled graphics as well.

So, uh, while I don't expect any changes to code, which dfhack/game version was it developed on?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »

What DFHack version for 0.43.05 exactly did you try, and what build (platform + architecture)? "global address not known" means that the "texture" address was supposed to be available, but was missing, which was usually only the case in early pre-release builds.

Anyway, from your output, I'm guessing it was developed for 0.43.05 at the latest (on a separate platform from yours if it was 0.43.05, probably). Definitely before 0.44.01, because ui_area_map_width was renamed in 0.44.01.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »

43.05-r2. Point about there being a later version.

On a whim tried 43.03-r1, got it to place viewscreen and not throw errors after I remembered to turn graphics on. Well, I guess that question is answered.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:23:35 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »

Okay, what platform and architecture, then? Maybe we missed it on one. Try switching from 64-bit to 32-bit or vice versa.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:02:26 pm »

Linux-64-gcc-5.4 for 43.05. Not sure which one for 43.03 rn, Enay didn't say. E: In case you missed it, 43.03 one works better.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:10:29 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 05:24:10 pm »

Anything before 0.43.05 would have been 32-bit only, so that's why it wasn't mentioned.