Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] Civ Plus  (Read 5122 times)

BassDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[44.12] Civ Plus
« on: July 10, 2018, 04:56:55 pm »

Civ Plus

A vanilla friendly Mod that adds in several new races and civilizations, one you can bully, be bullied by or just peacefully trade with.

I looked at vanilla and loved the theme and style Toady had made but I wanted more than 4 styles of civilizations to interact with. It is a simple mod, with all the original races intact and unedited, just with newer copies and some new races. I wanted to keep it inline with the style of Vanilla so I avoided anything extremely abstract or out of setting. This mod is nothing special or original, just something I through together as a personal first project.

Alongside the standard Dwarf, Elf, Human, Goblin and Kobold, you now have:

• Halfling: Similar to humans, living in towns and cities. Shorter, slightly longer lifespan but longer to become an adult. They have less strength and endurance but make up for that with their love for food, merrymaking, peace and a simple life.
  • Dark Elf: These elves carry the same features as their nature loving-kin but their skin has darker more striking shades. Forsaking their duty to protect nature, they embrace metal, violence and their desire for evil. They will siege you, they will ambush you and they will have no qualms riding exotic evil creatures to your fortress.
  • Ork: Like Goblins, these are experiment and minions of Demons that make their way to the surface but this time imagine goblins but far bigger, stronger, vicious and cruel. Having no need for food, or drink, or a life span like their goblin cousins, with the extra touch that they feel no fear. Find them in your local desert or plains.
  • Molks: These molemen have escaped from the lower reaches of the subterranean depths to live in caves on the surface, like the Kobolds they are primitive and lack the ability to speak, but they are able to forge weapons and armor, though in the end, when a beast finds one of their caves wishing for a lair, not many can stand in defiance.
  • Khosk: A civilization formed within all kinds of swamp and marsh, taking the form of lizard men. A tribal primitive style nation, often enjoy keeping to their own but will not be outwardly hostile. Loving of nature but have no qualm with using it for their needs whether its hunting or wood products, this often brings them into conflict with the Elves as they see them as traitors to the cause.
  • Smarks: Found in the very northern or southern reaches of world, Smarks are a group of peaceful giants. Covered in fur and avoiding conflict, these gentle people keep to their own but have no problem conducting warfare if others wish to cause it. Valuing cooperation, peace and law, they are good allies and trading partners.
  • Duergar: Cousins of Dwarves, they have a similar look and home, but these are Dwarves that have delved too deep and too much, tainted by the evil they found below. Taking the Dwarves need for greed to another level. Using evil creatures, valuing power and worshiping death, these Duergar have no problem with ambushing and sieging.

The only files that have been edited are Entity_default and Creature_Standard, so this would work with other mods that dont edit these files or will if they are manually combined.

Download: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13881

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Civ Plus
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 01:07:15 am »

Wow! Great! It works well.

Thanks for making new civ!!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 03:14:20 am »

Looks good, but I'd advise putting the creatures/entities in their own separate text files, for the sake of both neatness and compatibility.

Nooklie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 05:19:29 am »

Hi BassDwarf,
I'm really interested in trying your hard work on this but I ran into a problem. Every time I try and download it gives me a broken unarchived rar. Please fix so I can try this out.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:30:18 am by Nooklie »

BassDwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 07:05:15 am »

Hi BassDwarf,
I'm really interested in trying your hard work on this but I ran into a problem. Every time I try and download it gives me a broken unarchived rar. Please fix so I can try this out.
I just downloaded it myself from the DFFD and it gave me the files as they should be in the .rar, could someone confirm or deny so I can look into it? As far as I can tell things are fine?

Looks good, but I'd advise putting the creatures/entities in their own separate text files, for the sake of both neatness and compatibility.
Currently working on a new mod and I have already started doing that. Once the work is done on that mod I will come back to this one and re-do the files so its neater and easier to work with for users. Thanks for the advice though.

Nooklie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:44 am »

Hi again BassDwarf,
Just tried again, maybe it's something trivial like me needing a newer version of winrar. Let me try that now and I'll let you know. Very weird, I have no problems with the other modders rar files. I even tried 7z.

P.S. Yup it was because I was using older version. 5.60 worked. Thx for responding back.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:14:03 am by Nooklie »

Here and Threre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 11:29:14 pm »

I downloaded this today, but am having issues getting the Smark civ to generate on a map. I thought it was the modifications I made of the civ before trying, but it does not even work on the basic install. I tried removing a bunch of the added civs, thinking it was getting budged out, but no change.

Here and Threre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 01:20:11 am »

I tried it on a vanilla version, and it worked. So, I reinstalled LNP and tried it again. It worked. Even with the modifications I made. I have no idea why I was having that error. Must have been one of those weird little errors that crop up.
Gosh, I love troubleshooting mods.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 05:10:56 am »

Why no original races? All is out of setting and all isn't original. Make civ of creatures from vanilla game.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 06:22:06 pm »

Have you considered uplifting gnomes as another civilized race? and could you release a version with just halflings?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:53:59 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Here and Threre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 09:26:09 pm »

Have you considered uplifting gnomes as another civilized race? and could you release a version with just halflings?

You can just delete the other civs. The file is called "entity_default". Just use the search function in notepad and find the names of the other civs. Even a few key changes can prevent the civ from even generating on world creation. But, you could easily erase the entire thing.