Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Friendship Matchup Thread  (Read 521 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
The Bay 12 Friendship Matchup Thread
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:01:10 pm »

Or: online pen pals.

Do you ever wish you had someone to talk to about your life? About your hobbies? About your hopes and fears? About you? Well, you've come to the right place. Come introduce yourself, find someone else posting in this thread, and ask to talk to them in private. It's that simple.

Hi. My username is FallacyofUrist, often abbreviated FoU or Fallacy. I'm a young adult male currently living in America. I'm a student(and part-time fast food worker). I start college in the fall.

My hobbies include drawing, writing, fanfic reading, and hypnosis(on myself and any subjects I can find, currently none). Also forum game design. My interests include computer science, drawing, writing, fursuiting(and making(yes, I'm a furry, honestly if you haven't guessed that yet...)), hypnosis, and deviant psychology(I'm fascinated by the minds of people extremely different from the norm). Yes, I do think there's a difference between hobbies and interests. An interest is something you study or want to study, a hobby is something you actually act on. I draw(sometimes), write(sometimes), read fanfic(too much) and hypnotize(rarely) so I consider those hobbies.

My core personality trait is analyticalness. My favorite kind of music is electronica(my favorite artist or artists, the Glitch Mob), followed by nerdcore.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:04:26 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Bay 12 Friendship Matchup Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »

Hello fam
I live in the southland of the metropolitan world capital, also known as Londongrad, Londonistan, Londinium, Mordor, Boris's balls e.t.c.
I like good things, also thrill-seeking. So things like gardening, tea, diving, going really fast, good work, literature, morality, philosophy, overthinking, overdrinking, sobriety, necessities on a penny, writing, sailing, shitposting.
I dislike bad things, like shitposting.
My hobbies have gradually decreased in importance in my life, as I do not have time to spare anymore. But I have ambitions to set up my own garden, as well as my own film production, which is being held back by the nonexistence of my material wealth.
My interests include esoteric bullshit, weaponized fringe autism, epistemology, comedy, horror, the gothic genre, the long 19th century, syncretism, idpol, art like Dwarf Fortress, the absolute fucking state of everything, top bants, textiles & fashion, biology, cultural information and whatever other interests I accrue with the course of my life.
My core personality trait is my will. My favourite kind of music is Dungeon Synth, followed by self-aware soulless electronic, followed by Ambient, electronic Metal, Jazz electronica, Mongolian or Anatolian traditional, Johnny Cash Murrican Music, Brit hip-hop and Brit rock. Bit of Italian and French musics I don't understand the words to but enjoy listening nonetheless. Special mention to Nujabes who exists outside of my ranking of favourite music, I always come back to Nujabes. Worth also mentioning video game osts, like Age of Mythology, Stronghold, McGee's Alice or Nier Gestalt/Replicant. There are songs from other genres which I also listen to, but they tend to be outnumbered by the ones mentioned.
Recovering Paradox Interactive addict

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Friendship Matchup Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 06:14:20 pm »

Met an online pen pal on Bay12 three years ago, but we feel out of touch since June last year. Might roll again as well...

Greetings! My username is Dark One. I'm a young adult male living in Poland. I'm studying English philology and I'm starting with Russian philology this fall, so I'll be studying at two faculties.

My hobbies include all kinds of creative shenanigans: writing, drawing, 3D graphics, game design and development, programming, audio editing and level design. I'm not necessarily good at any of those, as I'm more of a jack of all trades. My interests include all things related to space and universe, biology, overdrinking with friends and sharing creative ideas. I enjoy cooking and other boring stuff.

My core personality traits are stoicism, tenacity, overthinking, shyness in general contracts and strange sense of humor. I tend to overdrink when in good company, I tend to be quite clingy at times, only to be distant in next moment. Country is the only genre of music that I generally dislike. I can listen to anything from classical music to black metal, but I just love the sound of electric guitars.