Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can dwarfs pray at a 1-tile temple with a statue in it?  (Read 794 times)

SiliconMagician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can dwarfs pray at a 1-tile temple with a statue in it?
« on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:54 pm »

For instance I wanted to do like a Corridor of the Gods type deal with statues in slots in the walls and each one designated as a one tile temple to a specific god. Do dwarfs still pray at it or do they have to stand on a temple tile to do it?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can dwarfs pray at a 1-tile temple with a statue in it?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »

For instance I wanted to do like a Corridor of the Gods type deal with statues in slots in the walls and each one designated as a one tile temple to a specific god. Do dwarfs still pray at it or do they have to stand on a temple tile to do it?
Dwarves can't stand in the same tile as a statue, so no. A temple is an "activity zone", dorf needs to be physically in it.
Also, bugs have been reported regarding tiny temples. Not sure if they still exist.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:31:55 am »

I would expect the same issue with single available tile temples as with taverns: if two creatures try to use it at the same time there was a severe lag stutter, and I haven't seen anything indicating that's been fixed.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:47:36 am »

Tossed atm embark 7 in temple in a hole, no lag (fps capped at 600).

Replaced temple with tavern, fps=0.

Since temples can also have stories, poetry and dances though I expect they could drop fps in 1x1 holes if any occur as well.