Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Arks Race - Exploratory Systems, Incoporated: Ark Endeavour (Jump 1, Revision)  (Read 15516 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A good revision would probably be something that increases the number of charges. That shouldn't be too hard, maybe we can just roll the ship or something so all the lasers can fire at the enemy.

Alternatively, ramping up the power should work as well. These things are incredibly pitiful for space-based high-energy lasers right now, and it's sad.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep in mind we will only have 3 dice after this next jump for designing or revision. Extra Dice is good, and we can always increase Skeleton Space. Same with Life Support.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep in mind we will only have 3 dice after this next jump for designing or revision.
Wait what?

A good revision would probably be something that increases the number of charges. That shouldn't be too hard, maybe we can just roll the ship or something so all the lasers can fire at the enemy.

Alternatively, ramping up the power should work as well. These things are incredibly pitiful for space-based high-energy lasers right now, and it's sad.
Or we could not throw good dice after bad. The Flashlight is about as useful as its namesake at noon. We could double the power without increasing the cost at all, and it still wouldn't be worth it.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Correction, 5 dice.. But still, extra dice for revision would be useful.

Quote from: Core
Every turn, you get 5 Dice. These can be saved for future turns, and/oror spent in the three phases detailed below:

More dice are good.
Quote from: Room Situation
  • Scrap the rooms: Gain 100 Metal and 150 Non-Metal and +1 Skeleton Space from taking apart the rooms and leaving the skeleton. (0)
  • Convert the rooms: Converting the rooms into further R&D spaces could yield +1 Dice. (1) TricMagic
  • Use the rooms: Gain +2 Life Support Capacity by using the rooms to house more crew in. (0)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

If they're going to attack us it'll be either with Massdrivers, beams, or missiles/drones.

We're already covered for missiles/drones if they aren't small. By allowing for smaller targets, and by reminding our gunners that bigger targets are easier to hit, we should be able deal with anything that isn't a beam.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Design: Atmospherics System Conversion
-3 Power;   +12 LS Capacity;   -1 Skeleton Space
Consumes 20 Noble Gas / Jump
An atmospherics systems that uses Argon instead of Nitrogen and filters air. Uses basic heat recovery to decrease power consumption a bit.
100 Noble Gases, 300 Metal, 500 Non-Metal

Expand upon basic heat recovery to decrease power consumption more.

the permanent +1 die is going to be more useful long term than anything else. We could also reduce the cost by streamlining the system.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I would like to to remind my team members that Chief has considered negating project cost. :) Would make +1 dice much nicer.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the permanent +1 die is going to be more useful long term than anything else.
Like I said, if it's permanent, it's a no-brainer. But I doubt that it is.

I would like to to remind my team members that Chief has considered negating project cost. :) Would make +1 dice much nicer.
He already did.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GM Waffles, is it permanent?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I really doubt it is. That would be way OP.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I PM'd Waffles on discord and he said it is not permanent. 

So I vote for scrapping the room and getting that extra bit of Skeleton.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I PM'd Waffles on discord and he said it is not permanent. 

So I vote for scrapping the room and getting that extra bit of Skeleton.
I second this.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Upon some further consideration I've incorporated some minor buffs to the design results this turn -- the Flashlight array now has 4 charges, not 3; and the Whipple Shielding cost has decreased to 20M + 30NM.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Mmmm, the fact that the Whipple Shielding is dirt fucking cheap is nice. It's only marginally useful for protection, but the spoofing should be useful. We better fucking hope they went in a direction that makes the Flashlight not shit though.

Now, what we need to do next turn is we need to revise both the Stellarator and the Fission Dust Drive to not be so damn fragile, at the very least. We'll also want to spend some dice into things to complete them -- the mining bay for sure, getting that operational should be our top priority, perhaps along with the engine, and those two modules should let us get a lot of resources mined without, for the most part, getting fucked, at least if the fragility is dealt with.

We may also want to consider getting the ASC up and spoofing it, as it's also cheap and though we'll need it soon, we won't immediately need it at full health and it's probably a good module to use for bait.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:55:48 pm by Powder Miner »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently, the Harvester is a piece of crap. It had potential, but it just is not worth it right now. We pay double the Life Support and Power, plus 300 extra resources to build, in order to get 100 less resources per turn.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18