Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Epic Raids  (Read 1974 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Epic Raids
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:06:37 am »

So I trained three squads of macelords for a couple of yeara. It was then when ai decided to raid a elven foreat retreat. They came. And oh did they bring stuff.
Jaguars, Leopards, ostriches en masse and in bith genders. I even acquired domesticated Unicorns... I will breed and sell them to the parent civ. Nothing like drinking from a Unicorn Horn adorned gold goblet while eating fine unicorn roast.

Also I have a successful alligator breeding program. I just wished they were war trainable...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Raids
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:42:29 am »

Just change the alligators to war trainable in the RAWs.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

i know I know. but will it work with this save?

On a different note. Can musical forms and such be generated after history gen is over and if so can it happen on the fortress site?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:37:38 pm »

i know I know. but will it work with this save?

I'm fairly sure it does, but you might want to backup your save before you try it.

On a different note. Can musical forms and such be generated after history gen is over and if so can it happen on the fortress site?

Sadly, no, you've only got the forms that are available on worldgen. If you want to introduce new forms you'll have to get them from foreign civilizations, and they'll likely depend on foreign instruments that you'll have to buy from them rather than produce yourself. Different civs of the same race might use the same instruments, but I haven't looked too closely at it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 02:20:41 pm »

So they are stuck with forms of year 1....

Sad sad sad but then again the whole area of poetry, books and such need a lot of work still.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 04:26:10 pm »

So they are stuck with forms of year 1....

Sad sad sad but then again the whole area of poetry, books and such need a lot of work still.
Only if you're playing with a one year history. musical forms are researched and invented through inspiratioin throughout history generation. Longer history, more varied forms available. And Toady did actually say once that can continue to happen, but is incredibly rare during post-worldgen history (of course, no-one's witnessed that happening yet).

If that last bit is actually true, the chances of it happening to a scholar in a player fortress would be absolutely miniscule.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:27:59 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 04:40:26 pm »

Hehe. I guess I will science it. Nice to hear. I did start on year one so thats where the question came from.

Tilmar13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 05:09:30 pm »

Did something similar on my game. It's year 13, and my legendary militia has been wiping out the goblin pits and hippie huts nonstop. A lot easier at the beginning of a world when pops. are a few hundred instead of several thousand.
Klinka Na Karaz : Grung A Na Grungron : Az A Na Ankor
A Pick for the Earth : A Hammer for the Anvil : An Axe for everything else

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23:45 pm »

I've added war training tags to cave crocs mid game after acquiring a breeding pair without issue, should work fine on your gators. Don't forget to visit the kobolds for some tame GCS and other poisonous creatures.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:44:41 pm »

Oh kobolds have GCS? Nice...

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 03:13:36 pm »

Pretty sure war animals are bugged right now anyways, they never attack anything.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 03:20:17 pm »

ok. but its still cool when the military has war alligators