Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How train my medical dwarves??  (Read 1528 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How train my medical dwarves??
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:11 am »

On time passing, my dwarf's medical skills get rusted.

But dropping civilian dwarf on the floor looks dangerous.

Any tips for training medical skills?

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: How train my medical dwarves??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:55 am »

Hi!

I use a library with visitors welcome and the doctors assigned as scholars.  This seems to keep my doctor dwarves from rusting too noticeably, and also seems to train some of the doctor skills, though very, very slowly.

- Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:02 am »

Hi!

I use a library with visitors welcome and the doctors assigned as scholars.  This seems to keep my doctor dwarves from rusting too noticeably, and also seems to train some of the doctor skills, though very, very slowly.

- Dame de la Licorne
Sounds like a clever, but potentially dangerous, practice. Have you verified that they'll actually attend to injured dorfs, rather than ponder the process of blood letting or the coloration sequencing of bruises (I don't think either of those are actually in the game)? I have no hope that somebody in the process of writing on a topic would break that activity off just because of some blood spraying nuisance...

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:35 am »

I don't usually have a problem with patients languishing in the hospital, but if I'm concerned then I un-assign at least one of the doctor scholars (usually all of those not doing green/purple tasks).  It's a bit micro-manag-y, but it seems to work and my patients are usually attended to pretty quickly.

- Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:09 pm »

A reliable way to train your dwarves would be to make a raising bridge say 5x5 in size and design a meeting zone on it, then randomly go on a lever flipping spree.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 06:14:46 pm »

A reliable way to train your dwarves would be to make a raising bridge say 5x5 in size and design a meeting zone on it, then randomly go on a lever flipping spree.
"Let's see how far we can fling our baron today..."