Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: Dom5 Round502 - Get back to work!  (Read 35869 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Dom5 Round502 - Get back to work!
« Reply #480 on: July 04, 2018, 11:06:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok, that is a bit silly, that eater of dreams was dead from poison but the 50 turns timed out when it was at 8 hp and still had a full bar of poison...then again, that was just me being silly and attacking the horrors that was on erythia's throne.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:12:15 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 07, 2018, 03:34:18 am »

And throne of misfortune goes to Atlantis. It seems like this game still can end like it should.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok, that is a bit silly, that eater of dreams was dead from poison but the 50 turns timed out when it was at 8 hp and still had a full bar of poison...then again, that was just me being silly and attacking the horrors that was on erythia's throne.
I already own throne of splendour. Which throne gets trashed now?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 07, 2018, 04:45:06 am »

I don't have eyes on where the horror attacked.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 07, 2018, 11:03:00 am »

And who said supercombatants are a thing of the past?  :P

If Karlito wasn't staling, it would be a whole 'nother game right now. It'd still be a frightening, horror-filled game, but a different one.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 07, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »

Yeah, I guess it's obvious my heart hasn't been in it for a while. I suppose I can send in an AI turn.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 11, 2018, 02:17:45 am »

I won, yay! Nerf Lemuria.  :P
How exactly it happened that Pythium lost so hard?
And oh my god, C'tis xD. Built more forts than i did. And i somehow noticed it only now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:26:41 am by MCreeper »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 11, 2018, 04:09:43 am »

How annoying, I thought that was the throne of might that I teleported to, it turns out it was the throne of misfortune :(

Anyways, ctis got powerful because AI difficulty. Also they had lots of built up undead to use.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:12:04 am by etgfrog »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 11, 2018, 09:57:49 am »

Pythium spent the last year or so staling while next to a couple of aggressive AIs, is how they lost so hard.

And Ragha also got very powerful when they went AI, though it was less obvious because they were at war with Lemuria and as soon as they went AI they launched a full-scale, well-supported invasion of Atlantis. Lemuria, if you wondered at all why I suddenly agreed to your proposed truce to attack the fish, it wasn't that that army had just died, as I had another like it only moreso in the wings. It was because I needed said army to push Ragha out of my territory or probably lose to them even as I kept you in grinding stalemate.

I'm pretty much convinced that I lost my last chance at winning when I assaulted the Throne of Summer to try to stop its fort build but was seduced by Undead Mastery rather than being sensible and going with that caster chain-casting Bone Melter (which IIRC would have had them dropping AOE 16 dam 25 AN/no MR undead-killing pretty much every turn). That would have probably been a decent calculation against Ermor, but it was idiotic against Lemuria.

I'll also point out that my last-ditch effort to kill Agon and save the Throne of Eternal Suffering might have worked had it been alone... but as we could all see after the fact by who DID destroy that throne, by the time I got there it wasn't alone...

All in all, good game, and it was nice (or rather, "nice") to see a proper Cataclysm. LA Atlantis is a real powerhouse, and it was fun to mismanage their advantages in petty, distracting wars. If Man, Lemuria, and AI Ragha had not consumed my attention and resources, I'd have been a serious contender rather than a serious runner-up. :)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 11, 2018, 10:29:14 am »

Besides feeling bad for giving all my gems and items to the AI, I agree, good game... and a important lesson about yolo pretenders.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]