Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: can you join a raid of a retired fortress?  (Read 1533 times)

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
can you join a raid of a retired fortress?
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:41:25 am »

i abandoned a fort with about 150 dorfs. every one got a archer set, then i send them to conquer my elf neighbors and then retired the fort. my idea was to start a war, just for fun. now today i thought, can i view/join in adventure mode this fight? my knowlege about DF is quite casual. some one told me, sieges get some how "freezed" in adventure.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: can you join a raid of a retired fortress?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:21 am »

Sieges don't get frozen AFAIK.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:13:35 pm »

It's hard to know when someone will attack though. You could be waiting around for years.

You could send a raid to a site more than two weeks away (you'd need a massive world at current army speeds) then retire and start an adventurer at the target site. That way you could fight your own dorfs.
(Assuming they don't just give up and go home when you retire, don't think they do).

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:54 pm »

Someone plz do some science!

Embark adjacent to previous embark annnnd raaaaid (raiiid?...nah) raaaaid! Hm, raaiid. Nope.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:10:08 pm »

well having set up dfhackery when raids pop up you can probably raid another player's fort, and with a small bit of hackin raid your own fort with your troops.
which pops up a siege, the troops being sent out to do raids or conquer a site will walk out like an army to their destination but they look like the other armies on march with tents and stuff so interactivity is limited, retiring an adventurer into a fort then adding them to the siege group will just keep you at the fort site and not with the siege group having had an adventurer get captured before and retiring and unretiring just led to them popping up back at the fort site.

don't know how long would one have to wait for a siege or a raid to begin given they just hang out in tents so I don't know if toady did add a see someone besiege a place, though I kinda notice it's pretty hard to get the news out that an army is attacking a town in a means of recruiting the townsfolk through guise of safety.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes