Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hereditary curses  (Read 2789 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Hereditary curses
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:19:03 pm »

Vampirism/(insert animal)thropy should spread to any children a vampire/werebeast has instead of them being sterile. LIST OF REASONS:
1. It will help with their disguise.
2. It's fun
3. It's !!FUN!!
4. It makes sense because I'm pretty sure that vampirism/(insert animal)thropy alters DNA and therefore would be hereditary.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:34:24 pm by UristMcVampire »
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some syndromes applied to any children infected creatures have
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 07:38:18 pm »

The mod subforum might be a better place to ask this, as experienced modders are more likely to see it.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:23:55 pm »

The mod subforum might be a better place to ask this, as experienced modders are more likely to see it.

I don't think it's moddable.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:44 pm »

Suggestions forum then?

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:15:26 pm »

Suggestions forum then?
I would've done that if I knew there was one.

Naga/Lamia race

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »

Suggestions forum then?
You'll find a 'move thread' button down near the bottom left someplace. Maybe expand a little if you do use the suggestions forum. Call it 'hereditary curses' or something. Perhaps mention some fantasy literature where this is a thing. Otherwise it does look like you're just after a quick fix mod.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hereditary curses
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:46 pm »

Suggestions forum then?
You'll find a 'move thread' button down near the bottom left someplace. Maybe expand a little if you do use the suggestions forum. Call it 'hereditary curses' or something. Perhaps mention some fantasy literature where this is a thing. Otherwise it does look like you're just after a quick fix mod.

Did that.

Naga/Lamia race

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 10:43:17 pm »

Suggestions forum then?

Did that.
Great.
Um....+1 I guess. :)

Some kind of system for regular sickness and disease, some of which could be hereditary would be nice too.

And squeamish civs making leper colonies!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:45:53 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 05:21:27 am »

I’m pretty sure something like this is mentioned in the DF talks or stories, or at least I found this when looking through the night creature one (#14):

”...so it [a randomly generated evil beast] would be like a six legged rotting capybara that can curse your bloodline or something...”

So there’s some notion of it being planned at least.

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 12:04:18 pm »

Only vampires I know of that can have offspring are also sparkly when in sunlight...

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 04:04:33 pm »

Could we see something like the Atreus's curse?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 08:16:22 pm »

Only vampires I know of that can have offspring are also sparkly when in sunlight...

*KILLS SPARKLY VAMPIRES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WORST VAMPS*
Also if those are the only vampires that you know of that can have children you don't know enough about vamps

Naga/Lamia race

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »

Also if those are the only vampires that you know of that can have children you don't know enough about vamps

Well, I wouldn't assume that the vampire settling in a petty fledgling fort like the players fort is one of the original first generation vampires.
Nor would I assume vampires trying to hide out in the players fledgling fort would risk creating a hybrid offspring with powers to detect, hunt down, and destroy vampires.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 06:00:57 pm »

Well, I wouldn't assume that the vampire settling in a petty fledgling fort like the players fort is one of the original first generation vampires.
Nor would I assume vampires trying to hide out in the players fledgling fort would risk creating a hybrid offspring with powers to detect, hunt down, and destroy vampires.

Vampirism is a disease. You can't be half-disease. All children of a vampire should just be full vampires. Also this is about CAN, not WILL.

Naga/Lamia race

Miles_Umbrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »

Vampirism is a disease. You can't be half-disease. All children of a vampire should just be full vampires. Also this is about CAN, not WILL.
I'm talking about mythology, folklore and cult-status fiction.
What are you talking about?
Pages: [1] 2