Advanced search  

Poll

What are you looking forward to most in Meeple Station

Multiple Z-layer building in a Rimworld-Like
Complex building structures
Overworld map movement (galactic scale)
Other (Define!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Meeple Station, 1.0 launch on the 10th of April at 10am PST potential 50%off!  (Read 12732 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meeple Station 1.0 launches on April 10th at 10 am PST, in about 4 and a half hours!

25% launch discount for a week, with an EXTRA 25% off for anyone with our previous game Regions of Ruin!

ENJOY!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/900010/Meeple_Station/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:20:54 am by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:22:53 am »

You had me interested at 'co-op'.
If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to set the game in outer space instead of planetside?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11:36 am »

You had me interested at 'co-op'.
If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to set the game in outer space instead of planetside?

Exploration mainly. With a space setting you'll be able to physically MOVE the station around the quadrant and explore new areas, as well as send away teams to planets.

Another major factor is combat, you can and will be attacked by enemy stations and will have to fend them off, it's something that wouldn't have translated well to a traditional planet side game.

Third, novelty. The last space sim like this I think was spacebase df-9 and we all know how that ended up. Loads of promise that piffled down to nothing.

We plan on doing things right!
Poysky Productions

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 09:35:40 am »

Is the game fully balanced for single player? Or are there aspects which are biased towards coop?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:34:50 am »

Is the game fully balanced for single player? Or are there aspects which are biased towards coop?

It is built for singleplayer and has added coop play. You won't notice a difference!
Poysky Productions

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:21:56 pm »

Considering the heartbreak that was DF-9, this seems promising.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 03:48:54 pm »

Exploration mainly. With a space setting you'll be able to physically MOVE the station around the quadrant and explore new areas, as well as send away teams to planets.
I like this answer. I was thinking with games like Rimworld you had a map to explore, but you still had your main base. From the sounds of it you'll be able to explore planets but simply take your base with you along the way =)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 11:53:59 pm »

ptw

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:26 am »

I like this answer. I was thinking with games like Rimworld you had a map to explore, but you still had your main base. From the sounds of it you'll be able to explore planets but simply take your base with you along the way =)

Exactly! You move your base around the galaxy and send away teams to planets and handle any specific emergencies that can and will crop up.

Think "Oh no this sector has loads of iron but has regular solar flares" or "This sector has a pirate base, shoot", etc.
Poysky Productions

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 03:37:20 pm »

Also PTW.
High hopes here. Not too worried about the success though, given RoR turned out rather well! :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 03:23:24 am »

Posting to watch as well, I love building colony(Rimworld)/base(Oxygen Not Included)/fortress(Dwarf Fortress) style games, and I have a friend who likes building in coop games like terraria and starbound, but generally gives most solo only experience games like I usually play a pass.  I like Terraria and Starbound too, but it might be fun to be able to play a full on base building game with him instead of a game where the building aspect is just a side.

Then finally if the game comes to fruition I can be told I build too boring, efficient, and square in 3D as well as in 2D :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:28:13 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:51:17 pm »

Finally! Someone bringing Co-op to this genre. Good luck on it, will definitely be watching!  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 03:18:16 pm »

PTW

Is it coop as in multiple stations with friends or controlling different people on the same station? I've always wanted coop rimworld, and when I think of coop space stations I immediately think of SS13.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 08:20:36 am »

Sounds good!

Yes, spacebase df-9 was a big disappointment. ;-(
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 11:20:45 pm »

PTW. HONK
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5