Advanced search  

Poll

What are you looking forward to most in Meeple Station

Multiple Z-layer building in a Rimworld-Like
Complex building structures
Overworld map movement (galactic scale)
Other (Define!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Meeple Station, 1.0 launch on the 10th of April at 10am PST potential 50%off!  (Read 12727 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 06:21:02 am »

This sounds promising.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 10:45:37 am »

We'll be posting a short demo of the tutorial relatively soon, to prove we're hard at work on the game! If you are interested please post here and let me know!
Poysky Productions

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like (Demo Incoming)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 11:00:50 am »

I am interested in this free stuff/demo =p

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like (Demo Incoming)
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 12:28:50 pm »

http://www.meeplestation.com/demo.html

Here's a link to the current demo! ENJOY!
Poysky Productions

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing like Rimworld.

That having been said, it looks like a promising game. Good graphical style, great concept, and the co-op should be badass.

Great job - I look forward to seeing how this develops.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Wow the demo is short. Very interesting concept however!

Anyway, airlock graphic in the demo is all kind of broken, from placing one to how it’s shown with the externall wall view

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam

I found my primary problem was that despite it appearing to be only two rotations, it is actually four, and to get the proper outward rotation from initial state takes three Rs, instead of the 1 that it seems.
Wall and item placement in general is a little awkward, and that's just from the 5 minutes of demoplay.

I do strongly agree that it looks like it could be very interesting after development is complete.

I also agree that it's not rimworld-like. More of a gnomoria vibe, imo.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Promising, but a little too bare for me to judge what "real" gameplay will be like.

Just a thought I had, if I hadn't just downloaded it and known exactly what I put there, a file named "MS WINDOWS" would kinda make me think it was pretending to be the other MS. I renamed it "Meeple Demo.zip".

There were some issues with the screen resolution settings not staying put when I loaded into the tutorial scene, I don't know if that was intentional for the demo? Also after turning on full screen I couldn't turn it off again.

I had trouble with using the mouse wheel to move in the z-axis, I kept wanting it to control zoom and that assignment felt a bit unnatural. I also had to turn the Camera Sensitivity setting down to 50-70% to stop my mouse from scrolling too fast to stop on the level I wanted. I did use the control arrows in the corner quite a bit; I would have liked a hotkey to change z-levels (and also for recenter) but I didn't see any noted.

I would have liked more than the three zoom settings available; the farthest view was okay for mining but the innermost one was almost too small except for placing the smallest objects.

Using the materials list, white print over white walls got lost while I was playing in the station, while some of the darker icons were difficult to make out in space. This is probably something that needs a panel background to maintain its readability. Also, at the default interface size (which was okay for most everything else) I had trouble distinguishing some of the resource icons due to too-similar palettes, and I'm not one who suffers from color blindness issues. More shapes, perhaps?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very good feedback everyone. we're adding new zoom levels in and are taking your feedback into account!
Poysky Productions

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

Oh, and what is the ETA for the full release? The demo looks promising. The first thing I'll do once it's released is recreate MetaStation from Space Station 13.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:12:31 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are going to launch a kickstarter on Sep 4 but are looking for a full release 2019. We've been VERY hard at work, we just want testers and supporters to get over the finish line. We DO NOT want a space base df 9 all over again so we're looking to get active testers, QA, and just knuckle down for a year(or 2?) and do it!
Poysky Productions

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

are there going to be challenging aspects to do to maintain the station or is multiplayer limited to directing the guys?

because mp is interesting but if there's no depth added it's kinda meh

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking forward to test this. Looks good so far.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

We are going to launch a kickstarter on Sep 4 but are looking for a full release 2019. We've been VERY hard at work, we just want testers and supporters to get over the finish line. We DO NOT want a space base df 9 all over again so we're looking to get active testers, QA, and just knuckle down for a year(or 2?) and do it!
How much do I need to pay on Kickstarter to get the beta? If it's lower than 25$, I'll pay.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5