Advanced search  

Poll

What are you looking forward to most in Meeple Station

Multiple Z-layer building in a Rimworld-Like
Complex building structures
Overworld map movement (galactic scale)
Other (Define!)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Meeple Station, 1.0 launch on the 10th of April at 10am PST potential 50%off!  (Read 12735 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KS will DEFINITELY be lower than 25$ just to play a beta. I'm thinking 20 bucks for access to the game PLUS a full copy on launch, no sense stiffing people!

ALSO, anyone who gets access to the game gets IMMEDIATE access. None of this "See you next year maybe haha" crap. We'll give steam keys immediately after the campaign ends.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:29:57 am by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

stephenLucerne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks guys!

I'm working with Alex on Meeple Station. Making a simulation game has been my all time goal for game development.
We're thinking of going for a Factorio-esque sort of complexity level, but with the DF game type.

Here's a little screenshot of what I'm currently implementing. This is a little model so you can see a bit of the circuit system.

What you're looking at from left to right:
Solar panels -> rigging -> power cell (storing regular power) -> power cables -> transformer (converting power to advanced circuit) -> advanced cables -> fuel processor -> (fuel pipe - ghost icon on cursor) -> injector (feeding the engine core) -> Quantum engine core -> 2x engine ignitors

So you can see there are quite a few elements to the game that we want to maintain, to keep things complex and prone to disaster fun!

If you guys want to keep up to date just let us know. We're frequently on our discord chat if you wanna have a yarn and talk a bit more about what we're doing! :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:19:54 am by stephenLucerne »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SS13 simulation style and such? love when it becomes complex 😘
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

It's pretty much SS13 meets Dwarf Fortress. With some Spacebase DF-9.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're announcing our kickstarter for the 4th of september! We hope to see you all there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYVsayRSEY
Poysky Productions

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

Hey, that's my birthday!  Guess I'll be having some Kickstarter with my cake.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's awesome Farce! We're looking forward to the kickstart. We'll be opening the floodgates on the fourth and there will be 500 early adopters who'll get the game for 14 euros!
Poysky Productions

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

For anyone interested, Aira (Sappho on bay 12) did a video of this game this week.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow that's an awesome video!

Yeah we are totally stoked about the Kickstarter, we're interested in hearing your thoughts though since both Stephen and I are from this forum!

I'd love to hear how many of you will be supporting us on KS when we go live?

How many of you have tried the demo and died?
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's a private link for our Kickstarter in two days in case anyone wants to see it! Please leave a comment on the page and if you like, click the heart button on it to be notified when it goes live. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1178580670/883678189?ref=535050&token=7cdffff7
Poysky Productions

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I tried the demo to the end, if that is what you mean ;)

I feel that at this stage it's a bit hard to get a good feeling of it (especially since the demo felt very structured in relation to bits shortness and as such did not really five you much time to mess around), but I as far as a Rimworld-/DF-like goes, I feel it has a lot of promise. In hindsight I regret not attempting build without an airlock or designating the walls to be destroyed or something like that just because I want to see what would happen. The idea of being a basebuilder in space is very novel, at least to me. Having the very area around you be "hostile" like vacuum is it not something I have seen before.

As for criticiam, the sounds needed polishing - iirc the sleeping sounds especially. The z-level layout and the "object see-through-levelsness design choice was a bit hard to understand at first but I got used to it pretty quickly, especially as you got to know the base.

Aside from that I'm mostly posting to watch. I'm interested and looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Love, scriver~

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks so much Scriver! It's great to see you guys playing and enjoying the game's demo!

Our kickstarter campaign launches today! I'll post here once it goes live.

How many of you will be supporting?

Have you had a chance to look at the preview page for the KS (trailer, etc?)
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Poysky Productions

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like (Kickstarter is Live!!!)
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:13 pm »

I'm in.

Good luck with the KS campaign!

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meeple Station, the COOPERATIVE Rimworld-Like (Kickstarter is Live!!!)
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 02:35:27 pm »

Supporting the project too. Good luck!
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5