Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What world are you thinking of going to next?

Cat Heaven
- 0 (0%)
Mal-Va-Gar-Ta-Mor
- 0 (0%)
Ameranthin
- 0 (0%)
Cadassi Dan Dakrian
- 0 (0%)
Occiona
- 0 (0%)
Terra
- 0 (0%)
Mira
- 0 (0%)
T'agsassith
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Demigodhood Multiverse: OOC Thread  (Read 6621 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Demigodhood Multiverse: OOC Thread
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »

Introduction
Are you sick of games dying because the GM stops updating them for whatever reason? So am I! So I decided to try some new experimental thing. The premise behind this game is the line between player and GM is blurred a bit. Each player will also need to be the GM of their own little world, which their own character is forbidden to interact with I'm not sure if this will work out well or not but as they say: Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Note: as we have more worlds than players, you may join even if you don't want to host a world.

Naturally, I shall be the head GM who oversees all of the other world threads. In the event that there is a dispute regarding game mechanics, I get the final say. I will typically side with the world's GM in all but the most flagrant issues. (For example: If your fireproof character takes damage from something like a flamethrower, you should probably point that out.)

Each world must update at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so without a good reason can get you kicked out of the game.

A world should also not typically update more than once every 24 hours when multiple players might be in conflict.

Story
You used to be a god, and it was pretty great. At least, until a massive cosmic event happened just recently. Now your connection to your world has been severed and your power was severly reduced, demoting you to being a demigod; which is actually still pretty great but substantially less so. Now you need to interact with other worlds if you want to regain your influence and retake what used to be yours. Alternatively, I guess you could just start a business, become an entertainer, become a politician, or do whatever it is that a demigod would want to do. What even would your demigod want to do anyway? I certainly don't know!

See the individual world threads for more details about their own story.

Awesome Powers
Your character is powered by what I will refer to as a "perk" system. Each perk is a supernatural ability that you can use, and the more points an ability has, the stronger it is. Player controlled demigods will invariably be the strongest entity in any of the game's worlds. Despite this, they can still be defeated with clever tactics; or more likely, be defeated when they do something stupid. Being killed in a world will reduce your influence there or even block it off to you entirely, but you will be able to simply move to a different world.

When you gain a certain amount of influence in a specific world, (The exact means of which is to be decided by the world's GM), you will gain a special ability designed by that world's GM which fits under one of your "Perk Themes". This ability will be lost if you lose your influence in that world however, and time in the world will keep going whether you are in it or not.

Combat
In actual combat situations, things will not be measured by precise numbers (Though it certainly will be a factor). Things will instead be resolved in a manner which makes sense based on the abilities that each attacker possesses and particularly awesome posts will grant a bonus to combat. You may also take your action secretly by sending it via pm to the world's GM, however doing so will impose a small penalty upon yourself. The precise nature of how this works will be up to the world's GM.

How to move between worlds
Some in world devices may help facilitate this. Also, each player character has the ability to sacrifice their turn to move to another world that they have access to. To do this, declare you are leaving a world in that world's thread and make a post in the world you are trying to enter. You will emerge in the new world when it next updates, but depending on how you leave a world, there may be consequences within that world for your exit.

As a reminder, your character can never interact with your own world. To clarify, you cannot be in your own world for any reason. Even if you do not "Interact" with anything your character still cannot be in your own world.

Application
Note: The world section of the application should be sent to me by PM, to avoid giving other players spoilers.

Also, make sure that you will be able to GM your own world effectively. If you don't think you can handle taking on GM duties for that world, then this game isn't really for you.

For the abilities section, you get 300 points to spend on abilities, which should be spent in multiples of 10. A single ability can have as many as 100 points placed into it and only one ability can start with more than 60 points in it. You are advised to purchase an ability for everything you want to do that cannot be done by an adult human.

When your application is approved you create the introduction thread to your world, and may have your character join another world that exists.

Once your character is added to the second post, you may edit it until you decide to enter a world.

If you need some inspiration, check out this game that I ran a couple years ago.

Spoiler: World Application (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

Questions
If you have any questions, please ask. I'm sure this all makes a lot more sense to me than it makes to you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:32:17 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demigodhood Multiverse: OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 05:06:41 pm »

World Information
Cat Heaven
Mal-Va-Gar-Ta-Mor
Ameranthin
Cadassi Dan Dakrian
Mostibimketh
Occiona, Terra and Mira
---Terra
T'agsassith

Character Information
Spoiler: Felius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mekhane (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gilbert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elysia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaal'garot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arajakata mauta bhagya (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:00:50 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:13 pm »

Post reserved just in case. You may now post.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 11:07:42 pm »

PTW, I'm fairly sure I can gm a world, but as it is I'll spending time writing up a sheet and world(mostly the world) for a bit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »

nevermind i don't have enough time to run a game
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:59:51 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 04:51:07 am »

Is this good?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:55:01 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:19:36 am »

Lets see here...

Catnip Paws (60 pts): Seems a bit on the minor side for a cost of 60 points. Unless of course you want the catnip to be capable of growing on solid stone and stuff. I guess it would also be powerful against hostile plants if those are even a thing.
Cat Transformation (100 pts): This is an extremely powerful ability, but if you're spending 100 points on it then I will allow it. As it is a vision based ability, it would only work on things you can see; so someone in full plate armor would not be transformed unless you can see at least part of their body. It would also completely ineffective against demigods, divine servants, and things like robots that would not be categorized as "mortal". Also ineffective on cats for obvious reasons.
Flight (30 pts): Pretty standard ability here. Flight speed would be roughly that of an Eagle's
Size-Shifting (30 pts): It works. Note that without any defense abilities, this might hurt you if you would try to expand in an enclosed area.
Eye Beams (40 pts): I see you already considered things like robots etc as a possible problem.

The application can work as it is, but without any defensive abilities you would need to demonstrate a level of situational awareness that is rare among Bay12 forumers, as even conventional weapons would be effective on you if the aggressor was able to last long enough to get a shot. If you are ok with that I can accept the character potion of your application as it is.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:23:52 am by Supernerd »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 10:49:10 am »

I'm more of a glass cannon, so OK. I have a lot of offensive and mobility stuff, though. And "ground" includes anything solid that can be stood on, be it metal, concrete, etc.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 11:46:19 am »

Your application is almost completely processed. Once your world thread is created, you will be in.
Note that you will need at least one other world so that you can actually do anything. I'll make a world myself if it comes to that. Or if I just plain feel like it.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 02:04:20 pm »

Hmm how do i roll dice if i run a world?

World Name: Cadassi Dan Dakrian
World Theme: Upon entering the character is turned into a goblin version of itself. There is a hostile world out there full with humans dwarves and elves that hate that you arrived on their planet.
World History: Though there is many different fantasy kingdoms in this world and some rare high magic, most kingdoms agree that the goblin arrivals cause nothing but trouble. Only a handful of trade empires employ and enslave them. The descendants of former goblins have built goblin cities with spiring towers. Some are in pact with demons, some gave birth to new gods.
Information about the world's inhabitants: There is bronze age empires of all kinds of humanoids races. The dominant ones are humans elves and dwarves. There is mundane creatures but also beasts and seeds of gods and demons.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 03:17:28 pm »

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:36:24 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:34 pm »

This game was not designed with dice in mind. I figure its more about strategic planning on how to use your awesome abilities to their full potential to solve various problems.

I'll also point out that world applications are supposed to be sent to me via PM.

And then I will point out that in the character creation section of the first post, it states that no more than 100 points can go into a single ability.

I'll still do a review of the character application as it is though.
(200)Domino Distortion You cannot put more than 100 points into a single ability. A 100 point ability is already the most powerful kind of ability that can exist in a world, so you wouldn't need more than 100 anyway.
(50)Luck distortion field This makes sense, but your character does not appear to have any protection from his own luck shifting. This seems like something that would potentially kill him a lot.
(50)Constantly shifting form This one makes sense. Shapeshifting and immunity or near immunity to blunt attacks. I will point out that your character doesn't seem to have any protection against cutting, piercing, elemental or other more exotic attack types except for luck distortion which could just as easily make them worse.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:18:22 pm by Supernerd »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 04:32:24 pm »

Spoiler: Mekhane (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 04:53:59 pm »

Edited.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:51 pm »

Arajakata mauta bhagya review

(100)Domino Distortion You cannot put more than 100 points into a single ability. A 100 point ability is already the most powerful kind of ability that can exist in a world, so you wouldn't need more than 100 anyway.
(50)Luck distortion field This makes sense, but your character does not appear to have any protection from his own luck shifting. This seems like something that would potentially kill him a lot.
(50)Constantly shifting form This one makes sense. Shapeshifting and immunity or near immunity to blunt attacks. I will point out that your character doesn't seem to have any protection against cutting, piercing, elemental or other more exotic attack types except for luck distortion which could just as easily make them worse.
(50)Healing Blood An ability that will automatically heal yourself and can also be used to heal others. It would be effective even in battle, but would offer little protection against a potentially fatal attack.
(25)Toxic Blood This one seems to run contrary to the blood's healing effect. Presumably the healing effect would be more powerful than the toxic one, so its like a medicine that really really hurts? Either that or you can bleed in more than one way?
(25)Limited Elemental Control I'm guessing that this ability lets you do things like make fireballs shoot out of lit candles and turn a breeze into a gale and stuff like that. It basically seems like your "primary" means of attack.

If you are happy with this, then your character can be approved... Just as soon as the world is also in order.

Mekhane review

Broken Unity (100): This ability looks like it has a lot of potential, but it seems like it would be too slow to give you an advantage in the battle that you suffer the severance in. This ability would need to be subject to diminishing returns in order to really work though. Your character's appearance will be relevant with this ability. I'm not quite sure what you mean by Landcruiser, but it sounds sort of like a clockwork car thing? It seems like it would be a bit difficult to sever large parts off of that.
Maksur (60): This ability works, though it would require prolonged exposure, which may not necessarily be a bad thing.
Prometheus (60): This can work, but the materials available to you will depend on the GM of a specific world. This seems like it will be your primary means of attack.
Apotheosis (60): Again, this can work but the material will be dependant on the GM of a world. There will be a limit to how much you can improve with this, as you would need to replace old materials in order to do so, but this can give you some versatility. Especially if you stockpile goods.
Ectoentropic (20): Another heal, this one will be a bit too slow to be useful in combat. It seems that you intend to use this so that your severed parts can make the most out of the Broken Unity ability.

It seems like this is a potentially very powerful character, but you would need to rely on Apotheosis and Prometheus in order to defend yourself. Because your abilities are based around healing, a single very powerful attack can wipe you out and Broken Unity requires severance to work. Granted, it would be hard for people to deal with you if they do not know how, and they will probably not learn how until you already got your metaphorical roots dug in. If you are happy with your character, this can work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8