Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Chrononauts: Science Club (IC)  (Read 2984 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Chrononauts: Science Club (IC)
« on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:05 pm »

James Williams. Kenny Ashcroft. Liberty Jefferson. Perhaps even more. In the beginning, these students of Haven University only knew each other by sparse references or rumors. But in the year 2025, Fate ("GOD") was considered to be a ridiculous concept, borne of pseudoscience and superstition, a rationalized cause of seemingly related coincidences. But, pulling the strings beyond space and time, perhaps there was something greater, fating the eventual crossroads that these people would meet upon, and change Fate forever.

This entire universe, dependent on puppet strings.

The universe has a beginning, but no end. — Infinity. Stars, too, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction. — Finite. It is those who possess wisdom who are the greatest fools. History has shown us this. You could say that this is the final warning from God to those who resist.

Journeys — Finite.
Men — Finite.
Willpower?

Infinite.

11.11.25, 4:00 PM

JAMES ; Haven University, Library
"Hey.. dude, you there?" asked a voice from reality. James snapped out of his trance, a manga book of "MoMo's Absurd Journey" in his hands. Where was he? Oh right, he was in the library, reading manga to pass the time. In the downtime between classes, it was always a habit of him to sit in the Haven library to read - manga, books and stuff, or to work - program, design algorithms. This November day was just the same.

The person calling on him was standing tall above James who was seated down in a chair at the table, having nearly dozed off. Upon studying the face of the person further, James recognized it to be his classmate, a native Japanese man around his age who went to his Algorithms class. His name came to mind; Yashagi Hirohito. Of course, in non-Japanese nomenclature, he would be Hirohito Yashagi. People usually just call him Hiro. A young, slender man of poor muscle and average energy.

Oh right. James should probably answer.

KENNY ; Haven University, East Wing
Kenny was standing from his desk, his physics class finally ending at 4:00 PM. It was fairly easy work, complex equations that Kenny already knew well enough, relating to energy density and thermodynamics. The classes offered at Haven University were far beyond most other colleges; the curriculum was designed by geniuses, for geniuses, giving the students near masters' level work in their first year. The workload was large, but the geniuses retained the information fairly well.

Moving to walk out of class, Kenny noticed a poster on the wall outside the classroom door:

SCIENCE CLUB

ENGINEERING? MATH? SCIENCE? PURSUE A COMMON GREATNESS, JOIN SCIENCE CLUB. INTRO MEETING NOVEMBER 11th, 6 PM in Room 142, East wing.

Huh, that sounded kind of interesting. As he finished reading it, the figure of a woman caught his sight... looks like someone from his thermodynamics class, tall and blonde. He searched his strong memory, remembering that her name was Liberty, and that she was distinctly American.

LIBERTY ; Haven University, East Wing Workshop
Liberty wiped the sweat from her forehead, finally finished with a rotary part of an engine model she made with a lathe. For class. She already well knew how to use one, so it was a breeze. Putting her safety goggles away, Liberty stepped outside as she wondered what she should do with the rest of her time today, since she had no more classes.

Walking a short ways from the workshop, she eventually stopped, seeing a young man staring a poster on the wall. Curly dark hair and tan complexion, Liberty recognized him as possible American. She thought she recognized his face; wasn't he in one of her thermodynamics classes? Name to face, name to face...
Oh! The boy's name was Kenny, and he was definitely in her thermodynamics class. Good thing she remembered his name, that was lucky. Sat a few seats away from him, too. She took a quick glance of the poster, before glancing back to him.

SCIENCE CLUB

ENGINEERING? MATH? SCIENCE? PURSUE A COMMON GREATNESS, JOIN SCIENCE CLUB. INTRO MEETING NOVEMBER 11th, 6 PM in Room 142, East wing.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrononauts: Science Club (IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:22:35 pm »

Haven’t seen that poster around before... A science club? Huh.

Liberty puts the brief thought out of her mind - can’t exactly stare at this poor guy for the rest of the afternoon, after all. She opts for a casual approach, presenting herself like she just remembered his name to avoid looking strange. ...Considering her clothes, that’s quite difficult.

”Oh, hi! It’s Kenny, right? I think we’re in the same Thermodynamics class - with Professor Niko. I’m Liberty! It’s nice to meet you.”

Liberty extends a hand, and a warm smile. God, I hope he doesn’t take too long.
Black lives matter.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:22:55 pm »

The curly haired American nods, and takes in the hand shake.

“ That is correct, we are in the class with Niko. Liberty right?” Stops the hand shake. “ This club thing sounds interesting, want to check it out?”

As he figured he could find some way to find activity, to never fall into the trap of boredom. Boredom leads to stupidity.

Quote? His own.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:27:03 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:20:03 am »

"Yes I'm er here, Hiro."
James said, wondering what his classmate wanted to talk to, or ask him about.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:03:24 am »

No, Liberty Left.

”Yeah, Liberty Jefferson.” She retracts her hand and then peers at the poster, as if she were noticing it for the first time. ”Oh, huh. Science club? That’s descriptive. I wonder if it’s one of those clubs people make just so they can hijack classrooms for a few hours every week... It kinda seems like it.” Liberty giggles.

”But sure, I’ll check it out with you. The worst that can happen is it’s just a boring waste of time, anyway.”
Black lives matter.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:54 am »

“ Yeah. The worst thing would be a boring study club. Never know, could be something, better.” As he walks with her to try to find out about this club business.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 12:14:48 pm »

11.11.25, 4:10 PM

JAMES ; Haven University, Library
"Yes I'm er here, Hiro."
James said, wondering what his classmate wanted to talk to, or ask him about.
"Oh, good.. how's it been?" he asked, taking a seat next to James at the library table.

LIBERTY ; KENNY ; Haven University, East Wing
“ Yeah. The worst thing would be a boring study club. Never know, could be something, better.” As he walks with her to try to find out about this club business.
As they walk down the hallway, they searched around for the Science Club President; they've heard a lot about them, a brilliant girl named Aiko. A third-year student, she was considered to be an absolute genius in neuroscience and biology, and very much passionate about science and invention. They didn't know much about Aiko other than that, and she seems to not be present in the hallways. Maybe they can find her at the club meeting, when it starts.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 12:21:56 pm »

Hmmm. Not present in the hallway a. “ Do you suppose she will be in the room?” Noting as they were in the right area. Keeping a eye out for anyone else and the room number. Seems to be alert sort of fellow, but not anxious. As he makes note of Liberty as he walks. Wonders how his family is doing in the states.

“ So your American too? I think that’s right.”

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 05:11:59 pm »

”Well, I sure hope Aiko’s there. Who else is gonna run the club? I really want to meet her, too! She’s so intelligent, I can’t even believe it.”

Liberty seems fairly normal, if dressed like she threw her outfit on in the dark. Faded, formerly pink All Stars; knee length purple/blue/pink argyle socks; a green pleated skirt; and an oversized sweater, bearing the face of a smiling young man with wavy blond hair. Her undershirt is hidden from view - it could be anything. Only she and God may know, and perhaps that’s for the best.

She is of blue eye and fair hair, the latter of which has a neat white bow tied in back. Liberty meets Kenny’s gaze for a second before responding.

”Yep! I’m American, a hunnerd per-cent. Born and bred, raised on corn and freedom, blah blah. You know all that stupid stuff people say, heh.” A very stereotypical southern accent is worn for the first two sentences. It is almost painfully accurate. ”What about you? Same story?”
Black lives matter.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 05:40:26 pm »

He nods. Does not speak with a accent as he tried to dress like a salary man due to family and being fashionable while presentable. “ One hundred percent mutt. From America. Here because of family’s cash and the brains. Lots of baggage back there. Do not miss anything really.”

As he spoke, the grin was gone. After that talking he looks to her bemused. “ From South, killed the accent. From Hilton Head.”

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 08:26:35 pm »

”Ah, I getcha. Sometimes you just have to leave stuff behind. Nothing wrong with that.” Liberty pointedly avoids asking what, exactly, he left.

”...Oh, heh. Sorry, I didn’t mean to make fun of you, or anything. I was just joking around with the accent. I’m from the D.C. area, myself.”
Black lives matter.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 09:53:01 pm »

"Its been good enough."
(IRL I'm horrible at small talk, which is sadly translating to this character.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:22 pm »

“ Very nice. So what program are you in?” As he was legitimately curious. “ I bet your grade is incredible.” Does not mean to say she is poor. Might come off that way though.

“ Must say, your fashion sense is interesting.”

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »

”Physics and Mechanical Engineering. It’s really cool stuff, actually. I never realized thermodynamics were so interesting before. A pretty hot topic, I’d say.” Liberty fails to suppress giggles at her own joke, like a narcissist. ”What about you? And about grades, I mean, I wouldn’t say they’re incredible. A’s, the occasional high B. Nothing anyone else here couldn’t pull off... Betcha yours are better.”

At the compliment(?), she executes a flowery and totally unnecessary curtsy. ”Thanks! I like to intentionally mismatch clothes to find the most appealing style clashes I can. I guess today’s outfit is a success, huh?”
Black lives matter.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 09:37:58 pm »

“ Oh you did a really good job. It is also a cool look. Honestly.” He smiles.

Physics just like you, minor in chemistry. I find physics to be cooler.”

As he does best to keep with her company and finding the room. Still new here.
Pages: [1] 2 3